Opinions On Super Cropping Mains During W1 Of Flip

AdaminCO

Just curious to get opinions on Super Cropping big mains a week after flip....

I know stress is not good during this time, but I have seen people doing it.
The plants probably 5' tall and the main is about the size of a AA battery.

I usually do trimming and cropping a week prior to flip, but I'm thinking I might want to fold her over about 12" down.

Thoughts, Opinions?

Just curious to get opinions on Super Cropping big mains a week after flip....

I know stress is not good during this time, but I have seen people doing it.
The plants probably 5' tall and the main is about the size of a AA battery.

I usually do trimming and cropping a week prior to flip, but I'm thinking I might want to fold her over about 12" down.

Thoughts, Opinions?
Hey Adam got any pics.
Supercropping week one should be fine I have had to do it a few times. Let them veg too long and had no other option. Stretched out sideways instead of into my light.
Happy growing brother.

When its time to deal with too tall tops (indoors or out), it happens when it has to happen. I would much rather supercrop then top a plant. As Bill284 stated, earlier IS better.

If it is being implemented as a technique; earlier is better.

If it is being implemented as a necessity; we make the most of an unfavorable situation whenever we have to do it.

Sorry for the blurple pics... I have two that I want to fold at the green line. (About 12” worth)

If I end up doing it, I’ll most likely support it by tying a rope to the top rails of the tent, down to the bend.
2E056FAD-395C-465B-B4C1-12982943CA5C.jpeg

Sorry for the blurple pics... I have two that I want to fold at the green line. (About 12” worth)

If I end up doing it, I’ll most likely support it by tying a rope to the top rails of the tent, down to the bend.
Nice garden brother.
Your way better off getting ahead of her while you can it’s just a matter of time before she is into that light.
Absolutely beautiful though.

Yes on that support. That would be a massive branch hanging and buds would surely make it hang.

Totally agree on the urge to do it as well. I would do the same. Earlier cropping would have encouraged more lateral growth. Of course, monday morning quarter back. ;) "What i would've..." That ol' thing... i am watching and learning indoor triumphs and learning lessons. Nice set up.

Yes on that support. That would be a massive branch hanging and buds would surely make it hang.

Totally agree on the urge to do it as well. I would do the same. Earlier cropping would have encouraged more lateral growth. Of course, monday morning quarter back. ;) "What i would've..." That ol' thing... i am watching and learning indoor triumphs and learning lessons. Nice set up.
Nice garden brother.
Your way better off getting ahead of her while you can it’s just a matter of time before she is into that light.
Absolutely beautiful though.
Thanks.... yeah I knew better. I planned to flip sooner, but time got away from me. I topped all the others as you can see, but yeah... I should have done it sooner. They both have staggered shoots so my original plan was to SC. The tall ones are crosses from a Darkstar Kush female and a Lavender male. Her mama was leggy too.

Mama
InkedCAA085FC-55E1-4F0A-AF8D-001B75B7A9FB_LI.jpg

Daddy
692C7075-EC3A-4823-A122-ACB5440F4B6E.jpeg

Thanks.... yeah I knew better. I planned to flip sooner, but time got away from me. I topped all the others as you can see, but yeah... I should have done it sooner. They both have staggered shoots so my original plan was to SC. The tall ones are crosses from a Darkstar Kush female and a Lavender male. Her mama was leggy too.

Mama
InkedCAA085FC-55E1-4F0A-AF8D-001B75B7A9FB_LI.jpg

Daddy
692C7075-EC3A-4823-A122-ACB5440F4B6E.jpeg
Wow

@InTheShed
Could I bother you for your opinion too Shed? Have you ever folded one over this thick?

(My $0.02) I have folded over outdoor monsters. I place a sock around the stalk and squeeze gently with needle nose pliers until i see the top wobble a touch. Then i gently push over the direction i desire.

Outdoors (may be even indoors) I have seen these plants erect the bent branch again. I push over again. Repeated sessions on the same branch can cause splitting of the outside stalk. To mitigate this affliction, i tie down the stalk to itself, further down the stalk to keep it down.

My fingers arent strong enough to smash the fibers in a thick stalk.

20200924_110303.jpg

I am no stranger to super cropping, i am just strange. :)

@InTheShed
Could I bother you for your opinion too Shed? Have you ever folded one over this thick?
I haven't but I have seen it done. A needle nose pliers wrapped in tape (or a towel) would be a start to soften the stem. Then lay it over but attach it to the top of the tent to keep if from going beyond the 90º bend like you mentioned.

Any reason to bend it that low? I would probably go 6" up from that line, since the rest of the plants will keep stretching. You don't want the sc bend to end up below the rest of the tops.

I haven't but I have seen it done. A needle nose pliers wrapped in tape (or a towel) would be a start to soften the stem. Then lay it over but attach it to the top of the tent to keep if from going beyond the 90º bend like you mentioned.

Any reason to bend it that low? I would probably go 6" up from that line, since the rest of the plants will keep stretching. You don't want the sc bend to end up below the rest of the tops.
I was just trying to get it even with the Black Domina beside it. I have about 4-6" upward movement on the light too, but wanted to keep some space for airflow.

Back
Top Bottom