Opioid Tapering With Cannabis: A Regimen

If there's anyone out there reading this and trying to taper on your own

Stop that please. :love: Some things in life require a team.

We've had a few successes, and it occurs to me that someone trying on their own and struggling might be reluctant to step forward, for fear of being judged.

Well....first off, we don't judge here. :circle-of-love: That's one of the wonderful benefits of this :420: community. More importantly, don't let that fear keep you from taking the risk. We can't say for certain this will work for everyone. We can say we'll do whatever we can to help you succeed, regardless of the method you choose.

The goal is to be free of opioids. We believe cannabis can help, but I think I speak for everyone here when I say it doesn't much matter how you get free. We care enough to be here to help. If you haven't picked up the love that fills this room go back and read from the beginning. You surely won't miss it the second time through.

The goal is you free. :love:
This is a honest statement, I am a success story. I tried for months to break the opiate addiction, for months I had zero success until I messaged SweetSue. The support and help was the changing factor. This forum family saved my life! We will support anyone! It’s the 420 way!

Are you using a topical noobgrow1? My base oil recipe is 1 gram of bud to 1 oz of grape seed oil. That make a potent addition to the personal regimen.

The mere act of rubbing a topical into the skin is enough to begin the healing process, even without cannabis in it. The skin responds favorably to the action of application. Add cannabinoids and terpenes like b-caryophyllene or linalool to help transport the cannabinoids more efficiently through the dermal layers and you have powerful medicine.

Use it every time something goes ouch. Anything that goes “Ouch!” Use it liberally. Make lots and give some away. :battingeyelashes:

We have members who’ve found significant relief from RA using the biobomb formulations with anal administration. It bypasses euphoria when applied properly and begins a systemic healing you won’t find any other way.

Suppository administration is my hardest sell, and yet it’s one of the best methods to get cannabinoids into the immune system without walking around so stoned you can’t function. Well worth looking over with an open mind.

The pharma drugs prescribed for RA are, IMO, more trouble in the end than any relief they offer. They come with intolerable side effects. You don’t get those side effects from a cannabis therapy. You get healing and relief. It just takes longer to get cells to heal instead of simply “shut up!”

I’m more a fan of healing that improves your quality of life and less a fan of covering symptoms so you’ll stop complaining.

Hey Sue -

I have not yet done any topicals thought I am hoping to make some with harvest seemingly getting closer daily! I am so psyched, I am a little panicked that my one plant bag seed unknown strain looks like maybe making seeds...so I cut a couple buds day before yesterday and of course could not wait for a proper cure. So I sampled w vape last night & it's medicine no doubt.

Snuck it in my partners nightly 2 hitter asked her this morning how she felt. Unfortunately she said not so much...but I am uncertain if I had already vaped that prior. Either way it's not ready for chop yet but soon, so I hope potency increases & I am not stuck with pollinated ladies.

Anyway I hope to begin making RSO topicals whole plant extract & lets not forget juicing or adding to salad w/o decarbing. If you can share your favorite recipe I would appreciate it. Just point me to the articles.

I have to pull back on my canna research a bit and focus on reviving my business a bit. Hopefully the progress continues w my knees healing. 19 months now I think way too long IMO!

Thanks again!

Hey Sue -

I have not yet done any topicals thought I am hoping to make some with harvest seemingly getting closer daily! I am so psyched, I am a little panicked that my one plant bag seed unknown strain looks like maybe making seeds...so I cut a couple buds day before yesterday and of course could not wait for a proper cure. So I sampled w vape last night & it's medicine no doubt.

Snuck it in my partners nightly 2 hitter asked her this morning how she felt. Unfortunately she said not so much...but I am uncertain if I had already vaped that prior. Either way it's not ready for chop yet but soon, so I hope potency increases & I am not stuck with pollinated ladies.

Anyway I hope to begin making RSO topicals whole plant extract & lets not forget juicing or adding to salad w/o decarbing. If you can share your favorite recipe I would appreciate it. Just point me to the articles.

I have to pull back on my canna research a bit and focus on reviving my business a bit. Hopefully the progress continues w my knees healing. 19 months now I think way too long IMO!

Thanks again!

We’ve had success with pain oil made with trim taken at 15 days into flower. I have great expectations for you.

I don’t much cook cannabis anymore other than oils for capsules and brownies, of course. My brownie recipe uses all of the plant material for a 100% extraction. Lol! If you’d like I can share that recipe.

For edibles mostly I chew it raw if it’s not brownies. That and chewing cobs, another cannabis adventure. Popcorn buds sautéed in garlic and butter is deeelicious and an excellent addition to an omelet. There’s a sub forum for canna cookery around here. Have you looked there yet? DrZiggy in particular was incredibly talented and posted many recipes.

When you make the topical apply some to the upper back, where the thoracic and cervical spine meet. Applied there cannabinoids will be shepherded into the brain without causing a euphoric effect. It’ll be excellent headache meds and keep your mood stable. It’s also effective against deep pain in some circumstances.

Topicals amaze me. :battingeyelashes:

Hi y’all, I’ve been extremely busy. And miss all y’all. I’m still clean wahoo. Work not going so well I haven’t been able to do more than 3 days a week, hoping it gets better. But I have the best news ever, Mandi is now my fiancé !
Luckiest man in the world is Me!!!
D81EAC4B-16F7-4A39-96EE-8E422E7D2FEE.jpeg

Hi y’all, I’ve been extremely busy. And miss all y’all. I’m still clean wahoo. Work not going so well I haven’t been able to do more than 3 days a week, hoping it gets better. But I have the best news ever, Mandi is now my fiancé !

Mandi agrees. Lol!

OMG.... wonderful news. :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Change that inner conversation to “My income is constantly increasing.” I swear this is one of the most powerful affirmations I’ve ever come across. Let yourself believe it, watch your circumstances change right before your delighted eyes.

So happy for both of you. A loving couple is unstoppable, IMO. I was lucky enough to be married to a man who never once said a disparaging word to me, from the moment we met to the moment he slipped away. 35 years of unconditional loving spoiled me rotten.

See if you can match him in his ability to cherish me. :battingeyelashes::love:

And hey... remember it’s meant to be fun. Laughter, frequently and heartily. :laughtwo:

Yoooo! Congrats buddy! Things seem to fall right into place as you rebuild life after opiates.
:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Congratulations from a couple who celebrated there 50th anniversary this summer.

Best of life to you.

PS: That is a beautiful photograph, don't loose it.

Well, a sweet and loving belated Happy 50th Anniversary to the lucky couple. :hug::hug::hug:

Thanks Sue,
It was 1968. Chris was almost 18 and I was 20, in the Army and on travel leave to Germany. Talk about beating some odds, I don't personally know anyone who has managed that milestone that is still alive. It has been an interesting life so far. Looking forward to more.

When are you moving?

Best

Thanks Sue,
It was 1968. Chris was almost 18 and I was 20, in the Army and on travel leave to Germany. Talk about beating some odds, I don't personally know anyone who has managed that milestone that is still alive. It has been an interesting life so far. Looking forward to more.

When are you moving?

Best

We’re tentatively planning on early next month. Tead has some landlord issues to get settled first.

You know, when Dale and I met he was unexpectedly home because he’d broken his ankle and came home for surgery. What timing, eh? I love it when we let the universe guide us. :hug:

And they wonder why we’re warriors......:straightface:

Oops! Wrong thread guys. Lol!

Howdy everyone. I'm here to tell you cannabis works to get you off opioid. Back in 2011 my wife was and still is suffering from spinal senosous from the radiation she received for cancer back in the early 80s. They had her on 180mg of slow release morphine for the pain. Well it basicial stopped working. Her cardiologist told her to try cannabis so we did. We used capsules that I made and within 6 months she was off that nasty crap. Our pharmacist was nice and towards the end gave us 5mg pills so she could do the final taper. Around 2014 she was tired of being stoned all the time she she went a different way and started used different adaptogin herbs with good success. Now she has lung cancer and evade fighting it with immunotherapy and RSO suppositories. Never ending for my sweety.

Howdy everyone. I'm here to tell you cannabis works to get you off opioid. Back in 2011 my wife was and still is suffering from spinal senosous from the radiation she received for cancer back in the early 80s. They had her on 180mg of slow release morphine for the pain. Well it basicial stopped working. Her cardiologist told her to try cannabis so we did. We used capsules that I made and within 6 months she was off that nasty crap. Our pharmacist was nice and towards the end gave us 5mg pills so she could do the final taper. Around 2014 she was tired of being stoned all the time she she went a different way and started used different adaptogin herbs with good success. Now she has lung cancer and evade fighting it with immunotherapy and RSO suppositories. Never ending for my sweety.

I’m glad to hear she’s still fighting Bill. :hug: May I ask, is the use of suppositories helping with her pain issues?

If she has pain its from being drained. She's had the plural sack on the out side of her right lung drained 8 times now. It's getting better as far as the amount being drained but when the lung is able to stretch back out there is pain so I don't think that it works. The neck she has had for about 15 years seems to be worse so it's not working for that either. She is also taking magical butter capsules throughout the day. I used 14gr of good bud per cup of coconut oil and lichitin. Now that she is doing that the pain is a little better

If she has pain its from being drained. She's had the plural sack on the out side of her right lung drained 8 times now. It's getting better as far as the amount being drained but when the lung is able to stretch back out there is pain so I don't think that it works. The neck she has had for about 15 years seems to be worse so it's not working for that either. She is also taking magical butter capsules throughout the day. I used 14gr of good bud per cup of coconut oil and lichitin. Now that she is doing that the pain is a little better

My next question is going to be "what are you making that oil from?"

As I read that I wondered what your ratio is THC:CBD? I'd strongly suggest getting her CBD ratio above the 1:3 level and see how she feels then. There are CBD isolate powders on the market. For the kitchen alchemist that'd be the way to go, I'd think.

This is pure inspiration Bill, and I'm surprised I keep typing, but it won't stay quiet. So.... what ratio do you believe you're working with at the moment? She's overcoming a load of inflammation, from the sound of it, and it occurs to me that the powers of CBD against inflammation might be of good use here.

Also, something high in b-caryophyllene will add to the soothing of inflammation. This lovely terpene works powerfully to bring relief. I always go looking for purples, and they also claim that the Cookies have the highest level of b-caryophyllene.

I'm starting to ramble. Lol! I was on my way to bed and caught the glimmer of your post. Couldn't turn in without checking. Please give that brave woman a hug for me. :hug::hug::hug: Think topicals. :battingeyelashes:

Goodnight Bill. :love:

Back
Top Bottom