Opioid Tapering With Cannabis: A Regimen

Ok ratio. The last batch of suppository's I made it was almost a perfect ratio that I want. I us 6 grams of Obama Kush at 68 % thc and 3 grams of Charlettes Web at 68% CBS. That is a 2:1 ratio and all the rest that I have made come close to that. A person is at the mercy as to what is available at the despenseries. I'm growing but that is still weeks away.

Ok ratio. The last batch of suppository's I made it was almost a perfect ratio that I want. I us 6 grams of Obama Kush at 68 % thc and 3 grams of Charlettes Web at 68% CBS. That is a 2:1 ratio and all the rest that I have made come close to that. A person is at the mercy as to what is available at the despenseries. I'm growing but that is still weeks away.

Well that warmed my heart. :battingeyelashes: You'll get there Bill. This much desire and expectation pulls a powerful energy from the cosmos. :hug:

Thank you so much for this! I’m excited to really read it and absorb the information later.

The pleasure is ours Deristotle. :hug: Ask all the questions that arise. Someone will do their best to find workable answers. :battingeyelashes:

Wow Sue. I can't stop reading your stuff.
I really think I we could do some real beautiful work together. I look forward to learning all I can.

I started noticing the ability to avoid opiates almost entirely, while taking the oil, and have noted to plenty, that I've felt similar experiences from some of the oils I've produced

Speaking of....I've been using MCT as a carrier oil. Basically, bc when I started out on my medicinal journey, that was what was suggested. However, I've seen flax and hempseed oil referred to on your pages. INYO, which do you think is best for bioavailabilty, for opioid-tapering, pain, and energy?
And....do you have a preferred quality brand that you would use?

Thanks again!

Wow Sue. I can't stop reading your stuff.
I really think I we could do some real beautiful work together. I look forward to learning all I can.

I started noticing the ability to avoid opiates almost entirely, while taking the oil, and have noted to plenty, that I've felt similar experiences from some of the oils I've produced

Speaking of....I've been using MCT as a carrier oil. Basically, bc when I started out on my medicinal journey, that was what was suggested. However, I've seen flax and hempseed oil referred to on your pages. INYO, which do you think is best for bioavailabilty, for opioid-tapering, pain, and energy?
And....do you have a preferred quality brand that you would use?

Thanks again!

Found it Boss! Lol! Sometimes I have pages of notifications. Lol!

Ok, I’m in the process of chasing down a study I found once on the saturation levels of some carrier oils. It was in the Study Hall, but our search engine lost all the links in my organization thread.

There was a reason we went with olive, and I want to find out what I can about hemp saturation potential first. We know that olive is an excellent carrier, and it’s our first choice with anything other than liver treatment. We buy more time with olive, and we know it’ll hold the highest load of infused meds.

But if hemp seed will hold enough to give us the strengths we believe we need them I’d prefer the choice of options. We may decide that some cases are best with one or the other. For now we have confidence in olive oil, which is a potent medicine in its own right.

Hemp seed comes with that lovely balance of essential omega fatty acids olive doesn’t. That alone makes it attractive to me. I may start taking hemp seed oil anyway, although it occurred to me that daily intake of omega-3 fish oil makes more sense. Lol!

This is amazing @SweetSue I'm a recovering addict an I wish more people could understand the benefits of cannabis.. I've been on suboxone for over a year now from a 8 year long opioid binge that turned into heroin binge I was only 15 maybe 16 i was struggling with life couldn't fit in so i fit myself into the "kool" crowd which eventually got me into pills i had no intention of becoming an addict one day friend hands me a xanax it was like love at first sight then I moved onto blues aka perc 30s aka legal death.. which turned into heroin when I could affoard the 25 dollars a pill x5 a day you can see how that would be extremely stressful at 17yo. I finally had enough and sought help but I had already destroyed my life ruined my family's life even tho they never gave up on me. At the time I was 24 altho I went to a rehabilitation in cali which was the most horrific experience of my life the nurse feed me my suboxone before I was ready an it thru me into particpatied withdrawal anyone familiar with it knows how awful imagine withdrawal x100 fold not exaggerating. My point being is that if I were able to use cannabis at the time I might not have taken my dose early I woulda been able to sleep and i wouldn't have wanted to kill myself form the godawful pain vomiting and full week with 0 sleep I wouldn't wish what i went thru on my worst enemie. I made it thru the week of no sleep or food couldnt keep anything down plus the whole time i had severe bowl issues from years of using got back home and it wasnt easy I almost relapsed ex gf,money,depression issues... so I decide to get suboxone off the street before I did something really stupid like relapse on heroin after everything I went thru now it's a year and a half later I'm still on my self prescribed 2-4mg of suboxone a day I started at 4-8mg a day. I'm ready to be done with all of it now and honestly cannabis is what has helped keep my dose down this long once my babies are ready to harvest I plan on following your guidelines so I can finally be 100% free of this nightmare that robbed me of some of the best years of my life. Thank you so much sue I wish there were more people like you who understand how hard it really is an that cannabis is an amazing medicine.

Question I'd like to ask along with my rant what should I use for oil to help taper me completely off maybe an indica dominate hybrid few times a day then lower my suboxone dose with time? That would be with my regular flower use which is usually morning joint and nighttime joint.

Question I'd like to ask along with my rant what should I use for oil to help taper me completely off maybe an indica dominate hybrid few times a day then lower my suboxone dose with time? That would be with my regular flower use which is usually morning joint and nighttime joint.

:welcome: Mike. :hug: Quite a history. I wish it was an unusual one. :hug: I assure you the members that respond will be here to help you any way we can.

Saboxone is a special kinda hell to taper off of, and you’d be the first among this gathered crew to do so.

However, lucky man that you are, we have a member who successfully helped his wife get off this god-awlful medication. Let me see if @neikodog will help us out on this one. He’s given me the regime they used, and I’ll dig that up by tomorrow as a reference, but if he has the time and inclination, my gut tells me his presence might be an anchor we could all benefit from.

You can do this Mike. No one’s gonna tell you it’ll be easy, but we can say with confidence we’ll be here to the end. :hug:

Now... let me find that regimen.

Hey Mike... sorry you had to wait so long for an answer. Don’t think of this as a normal thing, OK? :battingeyelashes:

@Mikesem420, can you locate a supply for Kratom, in particular red Kratom? That was a valuable aid to successfully getting through the tapering.

Neiko’s wife had maintained her minimum dose of Saboxone for three years before she made the jump to get free. Apparently most people have little difficulty tapering off Saboxone, but others, like Neiko’s wife, have a more challenging time. In Neiko’s opinion that Kratom, smoked a few times a day, made an important contribution to her success.

He also made 10:1 BioBombs (we can help you learn that) with an indica plant that was a 1:2 THC:CBD expression with a reasonably high amount of b-caryophyllene.

What we’ve learned in this thread is the value of higher ratios of CBD to counter the hell of withdrawal. It seems that a 1:3 or 1:5 ratio is more compatible to the process.

None of us are trained professionals, and we’re all learning as we go, but cannabis is a lot safer to experiment with than pharma drugs. If you’re game, so am I. :battingeyelashes:

I'm amazed you answered this fast! Lol but ya no worries this is just the Info I needed a direction to go in now I can experiment and start tapering myself off for good! I have the ability to go to the dispensary for now until my babes are ready so I should be able to get anything I need I've read about kratom and I almost tried it when i was still an active heroin addict I didnt end up getting it tho I'll have to order some red Bali and a 1:2 cbd strain. Thanks a bunch your great sue! I'll check back in when I start experimenting share what I learn

:welcome: Mike. :hug: Quite a history. I wish it was an unusual one. :hug: I assure you the members that respond will be here to help you any way we can.

Saboxone is a special kinda hell to taper off of, and you’d be the first among this gathered crew to do so.

However, lucky man that you are, we have a member who successfully helped his wife get off this god-awlful medication. Let me see if @neikodog will help us out on this one. He’s given me the regime they used, and I’ll dig that up by tomorrow as a reference, but if he has the time and inclination, my gut tells me his presence might be an anchor we could all benefit from.

You can do this Mike. No one’s gonna tell you it’ll be easy, but we can say with confidence we’ll be here to the end. :hug:

Now... let me find that regimen.

Hey Mike... sorry you had to wait so long for an answer. Don’t think of this as a normal thing, OK? :battingeyelashes:
I'm very familiar about the pains of detox from Suboxone. I was not currently treating with cannabis yet when I kicked, so I cannot give advice on that front. But, I know the absolute insanity of beating that drug, so feel free to shoot me a message if you have a question.

I went through that whole ordeal cold turkey as a result of a DWI.... driving impaired on prescription medications.

I wish I could have detoxed an easy way, but 30 days in the clink was at least effective. Been clean 25 months now.

My prayers go out to anyone who is fighting that "medicine"
-P
:ganjamon:

I sympathize with whoever is trying to get off Suboxone. The doctors told us that it was very easy to get off of and that most people don't really experience withdrawl symptoms but if you are one of the lucky few that do experience symptoms then it will be really tough. My wife's symptoms lasted months with the first couple being really tough. We were successful with a combination of cannabis, Kratom and the doctor gave her an anti-nausea med (Zofran) along with Clonadine. Now that it is over she gives the most credit to Kratom and cannabis. She would start her day with Kratom (red vein) at about 5-6 grams mixed with orange juice and take her doctor prescribed meds and about .1 ml of CCO. She would then take the Kratom about every 6-7 hours and smoke cannabis as symptoms showed themselves. This would make the day almost bearable. She sensitive to high doses of THC so this often became a problem. Not only did she deal with the symptoms but at times had to deal with the negative effects of THC overload. People who aren't sensitive can up their cannabis doses until relief is achieved. We tried supplementing with CBD oil and I don't know that she felt any benefit. It's the THC that helped the most but CBD can't hurt. The biggest help for her was the red vein Kratom. We would buy the organic crushed leaf online and mix it with juice because it tastes pretty bitter but it is a life saver. There is a Netflix documentary called Leaf of Faith that explains what Kratom is for those that haven't heard of it. It's another life saving plant that the big pharma wanted to get classified as schedule 1 because it eliminates the need for their addictive pain killers. Thankfully there is some powerful groups that put a stop to that but the fight still continues. The website I order it from is christophers organic botanicals dot com (all one word).

I sympathize with whoever is trying to get off Suboxone. The doctors told us that it was very easy to get off of and that most people don't really experience withdrawl symptoms but if you are one of the lucky few that do experience symptoms then it will be really tough. My wife's symptoms lasted months with the first couple being really tough. We were successful with a combination of cannabis, Kratom and the doctor gave her an anti-nausea med (Zofran) along with Clonadine. Now that it is over she gives the most credit to Kratom and cannabis. She would start her day with Kratom (red vein) at about 5-6 grams mixed with orange juice and take her doctor prescribed meds and about .1 ml of CCO. She would then take the Kratom about every 6-7 hours and smoke cannabis as symptoms showed themselves. This would make the day almost bearable. She sensitive to high doses of THC so this often became a problem. Not only did she deal with the symptoms but at times had to deal with the negative effects of THC overload. People who aren't sensitive can up their cannabis doses until relief is achieved. We tried supplementing with CBD oil and I don't know that she felt any benefit. It's the THC that helped the most but CBD can't hurt. The biggest help for her was the red vein Kratom. We would buy the organic crushed leaf online and mix it with juice because it tastes pretty bitter but it is a life saver. There is a Netflix documentary called Leaf of Faith that explains what Kratom is for those that haven't heard of it. It's another life saving plant that the big pharma wanted to get classified as schedule 1 because it eliminates the need for their addictive pain killers. Thankfully there is some powerful groups that put a stop to that but the fight still continues. The website I order it from is christophers organic botanicals dot com (all one word).
:green_heart:

Thank you Neiko. :hug:

Hi folks.
This thread really blew my hair back.
I hope it stays open.
Of all the valuable resources on 420 this is by far the most important.
I want my first post here on 420 mag to say Thank You Sweet Sue!
You are a terrific hostess and you have just the right touch for the work you’ve done here. It’s been humbling to see.
Kiaora mo te aroha: thanks for the love.

Hi folks.
This thread really blew my hair back.
I hope it stays open.
Of all the valuable resources on 420 this is by far the most important.
I want my first post here on 420 mag to say Thank You Sweet Sue!
You are a terrific hostess and you have just the right touch for the work you’ve done here. It’s been humbling to see.
Kiaora mo te aroha: thanks for the love.

Welcome, DD. This is very important information and I thank Sue for posting it. "Most important" is a matter of perception but very important (vital) information here for many people. It is certainly important for my work as I learn more on how to incorporate this healing plant.

Back
Top Bottom