Our Ongoing Grows

I been wanting to grow em dogg for a while and I got some beans on my previous order, but I recently developed a phobia of low yielding strains. My mentor used to grow this and I think he took pounds from his eDog. Still, I'm not in the position where I can find out the hard way, especially now being under LED. So when you harvest, please tag me if you can remember. I want to know how she yields. She looks sweet none the less. Very hairy. Keif Sweat should've named her Cousin It.

I'm not really sure Penny.............. I'll have to go back and figgure it out.. I generally don't keep them dates. I just harvest when they are ready. But it's still nice to know I guess? I'll get that info next post;

Well, I do know that high temps will kill the trichomes so, keeping temps cooler all throughout flower is a good thing. The question is, "does cold temps only help prevent trichome loss, or does it actually increase trichome production?". :hmmmm:

Inquiring minds want to know! :laugh:

That was a good read I posted,, but for inquiring minds?

If the plant is flowering in a well-controlled growing environment, the genetics will be able to express themselves fully, blooming without problems and forming beautiful and elegant buds with a high resin concentration. The natural function of the resin gland is to essentially protect the plant and it’s developing seed from extreme conditions like UV rays, cold weather, pests etc, and this way it works to preserve the genetic reproduction (the seeds) and ensure the continuation of the line. Taking this into consideration, it is possible to find a way of taking advantage of cold conditions and, if the timing is right, harness the low temperatures to increase resin production in the flowers.

I will do @Skybound ... If these buds do like I think they will,, she's produce well.

BTW @Pennywise looks like Oct 5/6th they went in the flower room....... So about 3+ weeks in and 6 to go max?

I do like the Em-Dog looks over the Chem Dog.... But we'll see what comes out in the wash? I have NP dealing with the height issues. It was to much anyways.. Just acouple inched taller.

Does or has anyone heard of a cold (ice) water flush? Saw some pix at grow store today, still suspect but just asking.

Cheers

Was there Dank Nugs involved?? If there's free dank nugz, I'm always a suspect.

It was raining and 38F today, my outdoor plants looked pathetic and almost dead. I wonder if that means anything?
Just go into the hydro store with what you want to purchase, get in and get out. Avoid Joe Dank Buddy with the salesman outfit. Don't make eye contact.

I open the windows at night the last few weeks of flower this time of year. Temps down to high 50s in the flower room for a few hours. Cant say it makes a difference.

Woody your room is looking good there buddy.

Happy Birthday.

That Rumulan x Huckleberry looks promising. Anything from BL gonna be fire.

Sub'd for the flower pics!

I mean idk you grow them right for 4 to 6 months and you shouldn't need any tricks at the end is my honest opinion... but who am I to say with 1 year growing experience lol.

Dabber I like the way you think there buddy. Go with what works... if drillin is your thing, have at it. You know some women like a good drilling. Who am I to judge?

Well, I do know that high temps will kill the trichomes so, keeping temps cooler all throughout flower is a good thing. The question is, "does cold temps only help prevent trichome loss, or does it actually increase trichome production?". :hmmmm:

Makes me want to try to grow one in the fridge :rofl::laugh::laugh:
Happy birthday!

And I'm just now looking to see how much is in the bank? And hopefully, I'll 'win' some monies? I drove down to the local slots,, just to put a 20 in and see how my luck is? Machines were full,,, so I went home... Figured that was a sign....

There's an old gamblers saying I often repeat to the dealers & other players when I'm at the tables:

"I sure hope I break even - I really could use the money!"

:rofl:

Those Em, and Chem dogs looking great. I saw a before and after pix with an ice water flush. The bud 4x'ed its tricombs over night. It would be your last watering before harvesting. Not sure I believe it, but i'll try it on one of my plants in a few weeks.

Cheers

I was taught from my mentor that it is more about the swing of temp than the colder temp itself. I am not sure the backing up of info to support it. But that 10 degree swing night to day is what switches the plants production focus. No idea if it is true but I try to follow it

lol

Peace

FE

I was taught from my mentor that it is more about the swing of temp than the colder temp itself. I am not sure the backing up of info to support it. But that 10 degree swing night to day is what switches the plants production focus. No idea if it is true but I try to follow it

lol

Peace

FE
It is the swing of temp, just like nature. It's like plant is told to "hurry up,winter is coming, and you're not done yet. "

Thanks everyone for the well wishes... Another year on the face of this planet..

That read had some good info on it about cold and terpenes production;

The effect of cold on cannabis plants - Alchimia blog

Ok fast update on another I have flowering in there... Had this one for afew years and wanted to try it.. Well this is that year I guess.. I didn't take a cut because I'm pretty sure it's well stabilized and I can always go again it needed..

and

Well up for a cup of java and see how I feel today. And if I feel lucky,, well do ya now huh punk? Was a great line when Clint Eastwood says it...

Back
Top Bottom