Our Ongoing Grows

Sunday works.........

Hey least I got off my lazy ass tonight and drug out that Doc Holiday for afew pics. Almost NO stretch.

she is stacking nicely;

Thanks for stopping by everyone.. Life is good.. And I hope all's gardens are growing great....... Keepem Green
Another that just makes my mouth water.. see when i get high and get that (you all know)..that cottonny feeling coming on...all i have to do is come to you and stickys journel..problem solved....

NP there @lazyfish, plants are just vegging away... I had just put your puppies in 3-
gallon pots so they are fine.

Car accident? Hope he's doing fine..????

I'm fixing to have to look for dirt soon. I'm not a big pro-mix guy unless I want to spend a fortune on amendments. I still have some or a minor shit. So I guess I'll hit the net for some basics. blood/bone meal, rock phosphate, and a bag of worm shit. I also use that 'marine cuisine' mix it's got alot of goodies in it. I have to amend that Black Gold Organic alittle.. They add afew goodies to the mix and a myco's herd that's kind of established. I just feed them..

Welcome to my nightmare @Chief Stickyfingers

Man, I thought the 49ers was going to kick ass @Pennywise .. I'm not all that much into football myself... Just SuperBowl shit is a great time to eat well and drink well..

I do like the look of that Doc Holiday myself... And I hope the other 3'er in veg is a female and similar in growth patterns. I might try a 6 pack of them next flip. Some many strains so little time....... I also have that sleeper from @HydroRed that purple primate. I have 2 in flower. One is a shorter, more well-rounded plant. That I took that pic of afew days back and the other have abit of lankness to her and yield is going to be about half I think. Shows the GG4 in it. 'ISHOULDVETOOKACUT'. I have more seeds but I liked that plant. We'll see. It's not beyond me to do a reveg...

Well time for buttheads shot.

Laters

Sounds like a reveg might be the ticket. My OG reveg is almost ready to get a cut off of. Was my first reveg. I'm sure I'll be trying to do that again at some point or another. Almost seems better than keeping clones from everything. That's a pain sometimes. Ok enough babbling from me. Have a great day Woody

Just another day in paradise.

I do need to put something out there,, we have a heavy frost out there. I veg in the garage on a concrete floor. Sure I have afew layers on top and under my veg tent. But water in a hella conductor. A wet pot still wicks up cold from the air and temps drop alittle at the root zone. Slows growth and increases the need of some calcium she don't have to work as hard for like bone meals. I have afew older leaves showing some signs of yellowing and some necrotic material and such, In other words, I put a splash of cal/mag in the water...

You know @Pennywise I just assumed......

Go Razorbacks....

You know @Dankman_420 reveg works in a pinch. I see people that do it pretty constant and np I seen? But I'm not sure 100% of theirs. But reveg put hella stress on a plant. I'd imagine the only thing that puts more is reversing the sex. I know I've had to save a plant more than once with no ill effects. Least not with this one. I lost a 'vantage' I had that mutated. Come to think of it I've had a couple others that mutated after time. Clone of a clone of a clone... Buds started to look really odd,, leaves were looking like a reveg, single leaflets and curling, and potency seemed to wane. So she got culled. I've had no problems with the "puppy'' and she's had to be saved every way possible. I've had this pheno going for a good bit now.

But if you have one you like,, always try to have one in veg. Clones root and recover so much faster. In a perfect world. A plant sends alot of 'down' time converting back into veg mode.

Just another day in paradise.

I do need to put something out there,, we have a heavy frost out there. I veg in the garage on a concrete floor. Sure I have afew layers on top and under my veg tent. But water in a hella conductor. A wet pot still wicks up cold from the air and temps drop alittle at the root zone. Slows growth and increases the need of some calcium she don't have to work as hard for like bone meals. I have afew older leaves showing some signs of yellowing and some necrotic material and such, In other words, I put a splash of cal/mag in the water...

You know @Pennywise I just assumed......

Go Razorbacks....

You know @Dankman_420 reveg works in a pinch. I see people that do it pretty constant and np I seen? But I'm not sure 100% of theirs. But reveg put hella stress on a plant. I'd imagine the only thing that puts more is reversing the sex. I know I've had to save a plant more than once with no ill effects. Least not with this one. I lost a 'vantage' I had that mutated. Come to think of it I've had a couple others that mutated after time. Clone of a clone of a clone... Buds started to look really odd,, leaves were looking like a reveg, single leaflets and curling, and potency seemed to wane. So she got culled. I've had no problems with the "puppy'' and she's had to be saved every way possible. I've had this pheno going for a good bit now.

But if you have one you like,, always try to have one in veg. Clones root and recover so much faster. In a perfect world. A plant sends alot of 'down' time converting back into veg mode.

always keep a backup of Everything is my motto. Everything gets cloned. Culling as I go. I don’t like it it’s gone. I don’t get attached to my plants I will cut em down if I don’t like em. I want the winners only.

I agree @shottafire 100%. But do I practice it?
Oh well. Hence I'm the ISHOULDVETOOKACUT club's gold star member.

In a perfect world from all, I gathered over the years, a dedicated mother plant should be kept in veg permanently. The mother should be from regular seed seeing a fem seed has already had sex reverse as in creating a hermie. So she stressed right out the gate.
And your not to use a clone of a clone. I don't have the space for all that, so I do the clone of the clone shit. I take cuts as I throw them in flower as a rule. There is no method to my madness.

I just finished trimming up a plant that was from a fem seed. While trimming the lower popcorn buds I found nanners and halfway mature seeds in half a dozen buds. Dam. I've been running through different strains looking for something special and it seems like fems have been hit and miss for herming. I just culled our it's clones. Now I'm wondering if there are more pollinated plants in the tent. I'm about done intentionally buying fems. I'd rather sort through the regs for better stability

I just finished trimming up a plant that was from a fem seed. While trimming the lower popcorn buds I found nanners and halfway mature seeds in half a dozen buds. Dam. I've been running through different strains looking for something special and it seems like fems have been hit and miss for herming. I just culled our it's clones. Now I'm wondering if there are more pollinated plants in the tent. I'm about done intentionally buying fems. I'd rather sort through the regs for better stability
Regs for the win

you can get lucky with fem seed. Like said my pup is a fem.

But to me,, fem seeds are made for a flip. I mean your footprint can be planed without having to waste space for males.

I know people wood argue the point but IF someone really seriously wanting to produce a quality mother plant, regs, and always keep mother in veg. Even if it means having to sex her by flowering a clone. But most plants do show preflowers. And besides, you can have fun and do alot of Bonzi work with the mothers. But mothers do require alittle work. Every once in awhile it pays to take her out for a root ball shake out and trim and new lively organic soil.

The same should be done in seed production. I don't think it wise to add the hermie trait into your genetic pool.. If that's whats planned for the future. Be hell to invest acouple generations of work on seed only to have one of them nasty recessive'''' genes pop,,, and all the seeds are hermie prone? That's why most 'old school' breeders use landrace strains for their genetic pool.. But now we're talking big operations greenhouse that has 8-10 generations of crossing,, and doing 40-50 plants per strain, per run, to find what your looking for in the way of traits. Not that anyone has to do anything near that big for f1 seed.

Now do I practice,, I'm lazy. And cheap. Besides the work/space involved to keep dedicated mothers. So I grow a fem seed and forget to take a cut.

These are two I didn't get a cut from. But I still have enough seeds I should find another. First this girl. She's out tonight... I fucked this one up abit. i forgot to water afor awhile. She was wilted. And when a plant sacrifices anything,, it starts at the fan/larger leaves. And they never recover, least not when your down to the last few days. Fried... So I wasn't really mad that Miss J had her way with her before I snapped a pic. She was a real beauty before I did that. But the buds look first-rate so far... Things like the stress from drying out like that can hermie a plant too... But I did find one I'm going to chuck up.

and I had another from afew days back, she's getting alot more colorful. Tall sativish plant.
Figure I better post something or people think I retired..........

Yea shit so boring here,, I'm mixing a wheelbarrow of dirt. Like mentioned in my past posts over the years... Every once in awhile,, I've been known to forget to water a plant her and there... Imagine that. And thats a reason i try to steer clear of pro-mix. Least the HP pro-mix. That's why I opted for acouple of the BX pro-mix. Alittle better water retention for stupid people like me. I almost bought some vermiculite....
But if you really want aggressive growing plants,, HP is the way.. the faster the water drains threw, the more air it brings threw behind it in displacement. Making a more air rated substrate. Roots need air as much as water......
I made a small change in my amendments, I went to 'down to earth' brand with this batch. They have about all you could ever need, with a decent price tag;;;
I'm so used to growing bigger plants longer so I was using alot of courser bone meals seeing plants were going to be in the same dirt for a season....... Takes a bit to start breaking some of it down. So i went with a fishbone meal a 3-16-0.. Looks like it will break down abit faster 30-60 days. Of course, I got my blood meal,12-0-0 and a new general-purpose 4-6-2 that is extremely fine ground. Along with the normal EWC's and Azraimite marine cuisine plus afew extra mycros. Oh and I got some soft rock phosate this time... I was getting the pellets of triple rock which take a longer time to break down. Maybe even longer than take a plant to flower out... I do plan on making one more run at the store before I start mixing.

Well I'm going to have one last nightcap... and another song or two.......

Keepem Green

Ah, and it's a she.. had to break out the little loop to find them,, but they are there.. And she looks just like the one I have in flower... To a tee.. So, I do plan on clones this time. And I plan on getting about a 50/50 grow with it,, and the puppies, throw in an extra Cripit and my next run set and planned??? LOL TFF. But here she is, she's kind of big so I'm going to throw her in a 15-gallon pot to finish out in.... From the looks of her sister,, she might just be a winner..

Back
Top Bottom