Outdoor Grow: Best time of day to harvest?

Zafu

Hello all,

I've always harvested first thing in the morning, as my understanding was that's what's generally considered the best time.

This season in Northern California, we have had such an unusual grow season for many reasons. It is the longest I can ever recall, mainly due to Full Moon and Smoke perhaps delaying flowering; lasting nice weather and zero rain so far. One of the genetics I grew this season is Columbian Gold. I've grown it a number of times before but this season it flowered very late. That said, I've let it go now for the longest I've ever let a grow go and it's now ready for harvest. Looks & smells beautiful.

While I have always harvested early in the morning, I'm noticing something, or at least perceiving something I may, or may not be perceiving correctly. It seems that the plant appears more resinous towards the end of the day after basking in the sun, as opposed to early morning. I also don't notice the terps to smell any more-so in the morning than late afternoon. In fact, perhaps even more-so in the afternoon.

So, with the vast knowledge among this community, I'm asking. Is early morning genuinely the best time to harvest, or is that a myth? If it is the best time, would the fact I am in a late harvest period where it's quite chilly in the morning but warm end of day change the calculation/decision and make late afternoon a better choice? I honestly don't know and hoping you can shed light.

Thank you in advance and many blessings.

Zafu

IDK brother.
I always have because everyone has always said to :thumb: :thumb:
But , if I may change the subject for a sec.
Tell me about the Colombian Gold you have grown.
Where did u buy your seeds and wondering how close the genetics are to that weed from the 70’s ?
Could u post a couple photos of the plant near maturity and a bud please ?
World of Seeds is the source. Been using these seeds for three years and every harvest is them is awesome. I can tell they are not crossed, or if they are, hardly at all. The branching structure is unadulterated and at a certain point during flowering you can see the gold glow. I think this is about as close the real deal as I've found. I had it back in 71' and OMG, most amazing herb I ever ever had as a kid. Pics below...
I really never gave it much of a thought, I always harvest in the evening or at night for 1. Because in my mind theyre getting one last day of sunshine to ripen etc and 2. Ive got kids and they need to be sleeping lol
Honestly though, personally I really dont think it matters either way.
I think you're probably right, but I'm feeling like end of day before the cool of the evening makes the terps crawl under the covers :laughtwo:

One pic taken a month ago, September 26th. See the absolutely perfect branching structure. Others from yesterday.
IMG_6418.jpg
IMG_6419.JPG
IMG_6408.JPG
IMG_6319.jpg

World of Seeds is the source. Been using these seeds for three years and every harvest is them is awesome. I can tell they are not crossed, or if they are, hardly at all. The branching structure is unadulterated and at a certain point during flowering you can see the gold glow. I think this is about as close the real deal as I've found. I had it back in 71' and OMG, most amazing herb I ever ever had as a kid. Pics below...

I think you're probably right, but I'm feeling like end of day before the cool of the evening makes the terps crawl under the covers :laughtwo:

One pic taken a month ago, September 26th. See the absolutely perfect branching structure. Others from yesterday.
IMG_6418.jpg
IMG_6419.JPG
IMG_6408.JPG
IMG_6319.jpg
Beautiful plant. Fantastic bud.
Have you grown it inside ?

Beautiful plant. Fantastic bud.
Have you grown it inside ?
No my friend. I'm an outdoor grower only. Fortunate to live in a perfect growing climate and yield from each summer crop is more than enough for my family until following season, or two. Maybe I'm just old school, but for me, there's nothing quite like the sun & natural environment.

Cheers,

Zafu

IMG_6418.jpg
IMG_6419.JPG
IMG_6408.JPG
IMG_6319.jpg
nice plant
Maybe after the plant cools down a bit (Sun set) most like to cut when leaves are not as limp from heat of day

Looking forward to harvesting this today on Halloween. :thumb:

Took one last shot of the top against the blue sky. Wish you guys could smell this beauty. I can tell this is going to be special.

Happy Halloween.

Zafu

Columbian Gold 10 31 20.jpg

Back
Top Bottom