Oven bag as a temperature barrier

miki mile

420 Member
Hi,
I have problem with optimizing temperature in my small growbox and I decided to put transparent oven (baking/roasting/turkey) bag underneath my greenception gc4 led light to act as a temperature barrier and to stop certain amount of heat. However, I was wondering will that stop some good rays passing through reaching my plant and will it reduce the quality of lightning resulting in lower yields?
Thank you

So you think an oven bag protects the food from the heat of the oven? That's not how it works, it's job is to seal in moisture so your food is not dry.

You can isolate your light behind a clear barrier but yes it reduces the effectiveness of the light. For small spaces I directly vent the light outside the box/bucket

Hi,
I have problem with optimizing temperature in my small growbox and I decided to put transparent oven (baking/roasting/turkey) bag underneath my greenception gc4 led light to act as a temperature barrier and to stop certain amount of heat. However, I was wondering will that stop some good rays passing through reaching my plant and will it reduce the quality of lightning resulting in lower yields?
Thank you

anything in front of a light will diminish what gets through.

for a small grow box 12v DC fans are a good choice. generally more robust than standard computer fans and move more air. gaming and larger computers use them also. have a metal blade as opposed to plastic generally. easy to diy wire in.

Back
Top Bottom