Pale Looking Girl?

Potdog

420 Member
Good morning everyone! I'm a new memeber from Canada, and this is my 4th grow, but 2nd using only Coco and perlite. These gals are Northern Lights photoperiods, and are in their 13th day of flower. I use the General Organics nutrients sytem, and ph at 6.2-6.5. As you can see, one of my plants turned pale on me within two days. I'm not sure if I have a lockout, or Nutrient Deficiency, (possibly nitrogen.) I am a bit confused about what ph should be used for coco, and the watering schedual. Some say 5.6 -5.8ph, some say 6.2-6.8ph. Some say water everyday, while others say to let dry out and let the plant tell you when to water. I have uploaded 2 photos, one that shows the nursery of both the pale girl and the normal coloured and good stretching girl. My third plant is in between the two in both colour and stretch. Thanks for any and all advise in advance.
NL1 pale for 420.png
The Nursery for 420.jpg

Attachments

• NL1 pale for 420.png
    NL1 pale for 420.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 37
What’s up @Potdog wrlcome to 420 magazine it’s hare to tell with the light on give us some natural light pictures please
Yea, I usually take a pic every morning at 5am, but I'll have to wait for the natural light, as the gals are sleeping right now. However, you can kid of see the difference in colour anyway. All leaves turned pale on me within two days. I gave her a feeding yesterday. I checked the ppm runoff, and it was at 2,400. I do believe that is high. The ph went in at 6.2, and came out at 6.5-6.6.

I’m an exclusive Hydroponic grower. But my best advice is keep it simple. It’s just a weed. And is able to grow in basically any condition. And most people worry about everything. I’ve had dark plants light plants. And everything in between. Just keep her properly fed and keep an eye on ph. All will be fine.

Hello Potdog.
With coco you want to treat it like hydro since it's a soilless mix. Ph between 5.5-6.5.
Water every day. This is coco. Lot's of people water more than that with coco as well.
Your ph is high giving you lockout I do believe. On your next watering go in at 5.5.
Plants look good though.

Welcome potdog to 420 magazine
This ph issue is one that bothers me with all these hydro charts . I ran ph Perfect nutrients where the ph would start on the lowest ph and then rise to the occasion! Now that I’m off of the ph Perfect and have complete control of the ph I run 5.8-5.9 and rise from there !

I’m an exclusive Hydroponic grower. But my best advice is keep it simple. It’s just a weed. And is able to grow in basically any condition. And most people worry about everything. I’ve had dark plants light plants. And everything in between. Just keep her properly fed and keep an eye on ph. All will be fine.
Hello Potdog.
With coco you want to treat it like hydro since it's a soilless mix. Ph between 5.5-6.5.
Water every day. This is coco. Lot's of people water more than that with coco as well.
Your ph is high giving you lockout I do believe. On your next watering go in at 5.5.
Plants look good though.
That's what I figured. Ph should be down in the 5.5-5.6 range. Now you say water every day...even though the pot is soaked and run off everywhere? Also, should I feed every day with half or quarter strength nutes, or water one day, and feed every other day? This is the part that I'm confused on.

That's what I figured. Ph should be down in the 5.5-5.6 range. Now you say water every day...even though the pot is soaked and run off everywhere? Also, should I feed every day with half or quarter strength nutes, or water one day, and feed every other day? This is the part that I'm confused on.
I’d run 1/2 strength, then work from there . Some push it till the tips turn brown and then back off . I hit the search engine and ask what chart is the ph for coco ?

Ph definitely 5.7-6.2 if she’s wet don’t water her try to get a feel of the weight of the pot. A heavy pot will indicate a moist median a light pipe will indicate a dry median they like to go wet and dry. You could be over watering

Here you go buddy. this is a great thread about growing in coco. got me on track.

Coco is hydro. Treat it like hydro. @Barney86 has a thread somewhere on everything you need to know about growing in coco. BTW, Welcome.

Found it:

Coco is hydro. Treat it like hydro. @Barney86 has a thread somewhere on everything you need to know about growing in coco. BTW, Welcome.
Found it:

Thanks, I'll go check it out now.

Here you go buddy. this is a great thread about growing in coco. got me on track.

Don’t miss checking this one out !

Just read Barney's thread. Great read. That totally answered my confusion on feed and water in coco. Answer is 1/4 strength feed and water everyday, watching the ppms. Wow! Thanks for steering me to his thread.
Just pay attention. I tried feeding 1/4 strength and ended up with every deficiency under the sun. Barney is talking about multiple feedings per day at 1/4 strength not just once per day.

Welcome!! I water my ladies everyday until about 20% runoff in coco. When my ladies are into flower I water twice a day. I always keep my ph between 5.7 and 6.3. Hitting different ph ranges with each watering. But always keep in mind everyone has there own watering style! Good luck. Like someone stated earlier, it’s just a weed don’t overthink it. But ph is very crucial in coco!
F169D2D5-5B22-4D78-934D-50B73B9E7FBE.jpeg
6102CE5C-A8D4-4676-BFE3-6DE36ECC2CB1.jpeg
F169D2D5-5B22-4D78-934D-50B73B9E7FBE.jpeg

Attachments

• 14031EA9-296F-4332-9C02-8CE7C1057EB0.jpeg
    14031EA9-296F-4332-9C02-8CE7C1057EB0.jpeg
    548 KB · Views: 28
Back
Top Bottom