People using LED lighting

IL only be doing 4 hours off so thinking if I aim for middle of the day when temp hot up there don't no if IL need a heater then on light off time we will once it's all set up an going if temps are still low IL buy a heater cheers bro :)

Yeah, if you can get things timed right you could probably pass on the heater. Not sure but I think 68 F is the coldest for weed. Or maybe that's just the ideal lights out temp. From what I understand if it's too cold the plant quits taking up nutrients. I've never had it that cold so no 1st hand knowledge.
The coldness of the room is only part of it though. If you want to be real accurate you have to go by leaf temp with an IR Thermometer. HPS you'll want a 77 F leaf temp which you'll get with a 77 F room. LED's it will require a room in the 81 - 83 F range to get that leaf temp.

Yeah, if you can get things timed right you could probably pass on the heater. Not sure but I think 68 F is the coldest for weed. Or maybe that's just the ideal lights out temp. From what I understand if it's too cold the plant quits taking up nutrients. I've never had it that cold so no 1st hand knowledge.
The coldness of the room is only part of it though. If you want to be real accurate you have to go by leaf temp with an IR Thermometer. HPS you'll want a 77 F leaf temp which you'll get with a 77 F room. LED's it will require a room in the 81 - 83 F range to get that leaf temp.
Cheers that's what I'm hoping for IL defo make sure it doesn't go below 68 it will be autos in there on a 20/4 so not long of so temps should keep if I turn filter off to with lights just so it keeps warm air in bit more hoping that will help but IL try it once all set up in few weeks an se if still loses alot off heat still or what temps are just to se my last one way to hot buds are airy with no smell really gutted an a nasty taste cheers for info bro

I always used Botanicare Coco. It's not the best out there but it works fine. Are you sure you want to go Coco ? Are you hand feeding ? Are you going with the 4 plants ? That's a lot of nute mixing & hand feeding. Coco has no nutrients. You feed nutes every time & at least twice per day till run off. I usually fed twice in Veg & 3 times per day in flower. Never feed straight water in Coco & Never let it dry out. You also have to treat it like Hydro when it comes to pH. pH needs to be 5.5 - 6.0 with 5.8 being your target pH. There's no buffers in Coco so you have to pH. Let me put it this way .... It creates a lot of extra work unless you use an auto feed system like Auto Pots or a drip system.
I've done DWC too & it's even more work ... lol. I'll stick with soil as it's the easiest & most forgiving way to grow. Nothing is easier then Fox Farms Ocean Forrest Soil & Mega Crop. I'm averaging 8 - 10 oz. per plant this way so I'm content. I go to 10 gallon pots & add 2 weeks of veg I'd probably get a pound per plant.

I always used Botanicare Coco. It's not the best out there but it works fine. Are you sure you want to go Coco ? Are you hand feeding ? Are you going with the 4 plants ? That's a lot of nute mixing & hand feeding. Coco has no nutrients. You feed nutes every time & at least twice per day till run off. I usually fed twice in Veg & 3 times per day in flower. Never feed straight water in Coco & Never let it dry out. You also have to treat it like Hydro when it comes to pH. pH needs to be 5.5 - 6.0 with 5.8 being your target pH. There's no buffers in Coco so you have to pH. Let me put it this way .... It creates a lot of extra work unless you use an auto feed system like Auto Pots or a drip system.
I've done DWC too & it's even more work ... lol. I'll stick with soil as it's the easiest & most forgiving way to grow. Nothing is easier then Fox Farms Ocean Forrest Soil & Mega Crop. I'm averaging 8 - 10 oz. per plant this way so I'm content. I go to 10 gallon pots & add 2 weeks of veg I'd probably get a pound per plant.
Another alternative is a peat/perlite/dolomite hydroponic media. You can make your own, or use one of the commercial products like Pro Mix or Sunshine #4. They are well buffered, so nute pH isn't critical. Some recipes call for gypsum, which makes the buffering ability even better.

Yeah I've done 2 soil but want to experiment and use Coco gota se whats best for me to grow in an it will be in my attic I'm home all day so can tend to it when ever me n my missis need IVF I've got 1 grow ATM but need to get a new place

Back
Top Bottom