Personal grow of 6 plants setup

They were very stressed before I transplanted them. They are slowly coming back again. I did have some trouble with temps. Temp was 90 when I checked on them yesterday before repotting. I had been out of town for 2 days. I made an adjustment to the room door so that it can stay cracked open, but the cats can't get in. The room the closet in had been getting quite a bit warmer lately. Now I have temps better controlled around 84. Humidity is hovering around 35%.

I sure hope so!

Here are today's pics:
12-10-16-5.jpg
12-10-16-1.jpg
12-10-16-2.jpg
12-10-16-3.jpg
12-10-16-4.jpg

Perhaps think about using a mist spray bottle on your plants to increase the humidity and I wouldn't personally leave my door up as bug can cause serious problems and that's just more to deal with than you need is your extraction fan going full throttle? If so maybe upgrade to a bigger carbon filter or/and fan depending on the specs and grow room size

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Perhaps think about using a mist spray bottle on your plants to increase the humidity and I wouldn't personally leave my door up as bug can cause serious problems and that's just more to deal with than you need is your extraction fan going full throttle? If so maybe upgrade to a bigger carbon filter or/and fan depending on the specs and grow room size

About the door being open. The cabinet is in a small bedroom. The cabinet is sealed with a 6" inline fan running about 75% speed. The bedroom the cabinet in was heating up since there was no fresh air coming into the cabinet. I don't want to exhaust outside right now since it is winter. I also don't want to leave the bedroom door open, the rest of the house is secure. However, just opening the bedroom door will drop the temp about 10 degrees. I managed to rig the door so it is sbout 1" open. The bedroom is staying much cooler and the cabinet seems to be sticky by to 84 degrees now.

sitting a bowl with water in your tent will raise the humidity a bit

Is 35% humidity too low?

They continue to keep on growing quickly. I decided I should go ahead and snip the tops now to go for nice bushy growth. I attempted to FIM the tops in hope of getting 4 shoots now from each. I think I will let the shoots develop to be about 8" tall before flipping to flowering. That will allow for another foot of growth during flowering and with good aggressive pruning, I should get some nice big colas. I plan to remove all popcorn buds and low fan leaves that are getting hidden in the shade. I may do either a screen, trellis, or LST to manage the plants. LST is the easiest and I don't have to buy anything extra.

Here they are before the surgery:
12-11-16-1.jpg
12-11-16-2.jpg
12-11-16-3.jpg
12-11-16-4.jpg
12-11-16-5.jpg

And here they are after:
12-11-16-6.jpg
12-11-16-7.jpg
12-11-16-8.jpg
12-11-16-9.jpg
12-11-16-10.jpg

How come your plants so compact? Will it shoot up and spread once you go in the flower stage?

I'm a newbie I'm sorry haha

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I did a pretty big change to the cabinet thought I should share it here. Temps had been a bit of an issue. The cabinet is within my man cave. With the room door closed, the whole room heats up quite a bit and the cabinet gets to about 87-92 degrees. Kind of hot, and the room is hot to be in. So I decided to do some passive ventilation by cracking the door to the man cave, but leaving it closed enough to keep my cats out. This helped me to stay consistently in the 84-88 range touching 90 at times. Still too hot. So yesterday, I decided to just vent out of the room. I plan to vent out the window in summer, but an exhaust running 24/7 to the outside in summer is kind of an obvious waste of heat. I ran the ducting to my door and hung it so the door closes on it and all the exhaust goes into the hallway. End result after about 16 hours since doing the duct work is very positive. Cabinet is currently sitting at 77 degrees, max temp on the thermometer is now 84, and min temp is 77. My man cave is also chilly, and our main living area is warmer. Of note, there is almost no stealth left, but the door is able to be fully closed in seconds.

12-18-16-1.jpg
12-18-16-2.jpg
12-18-16-3.jpg

Looks good :thumb:

I have one of those wardrobes, and I've always wanted to turn into a steath-cabinet, but luckily I have no need for steath :)

If you want no light leeks around the doors, you can mount moulding and tape some weatherstrip on that or the door(or both), so it's tight when the doors are closed.
When I was ''planning' the build, my idea was a frame around the doors and a center beam where the doors meet all with weatherstrip towards the doors, also to make the cabinet less wobbly.

Happy growing :Namaste:

Updates on your girls

See the journal in my signature for updates.

I think this setup is good for only 2-3 plants. 4 was a little much. Although it might have been better if I had only gone for two main colas per plant. Good luck to anyone who try's to copy this build.

Hi everybody. I thought an update was due since I have made some changes.

First of all, 4 plants is too many in this space. About 19"x31" I am growing two this time using a Flux technique. Height was also a bit of an issue as well as heat and ventilation. I figure with fewer plants and the flux, all three issues will be improved. The bigger issue of cats and cat hair prompted me to modify my door. I figure a door is cheaper to replace than dry wall and it helps maintain security by keeping the vent within the apartment. I installed the exhaust in the top vent so the door can close normally now. The bottom vent has a filter stuffed into the door. A door gap gasket was installed on the bottom of the door. I am confident that the amount of cat hair in the main room will be reduced now. The intake for the cabinet was enlarged from a 6" round hole to a 10x10 hole with a higher grade of filter (#7). I also removed a shelf to allow for improved air flow. I am toying with the idea of light proofing the second area and having a mother plant growing there.

I almost forgot, the temps are down a decent amount. I'm not sure if it is due to the apartment being cold lately, but they dropped to 79 yesterday after the light had been on for a while. And this morning it was 76, although it is back at 79. The intake vent also sucks in a lot more smoke now than before when tested with a joint.

Anyways, here are some photos, sorry for bad quality.

4-10-17-4.jpg
4-10-17-3.jpg
4-10-17-2.jpg
4-10-17-1.jpg
4-10-17-6.jpg
4-10-17-7.jpg

Back
Top Bottom