pH Problem

I bought a container of Cha-Ching. I never heard of the other two.

After I pour the Sledgehammer solution into the soil, should I wait before the flush? Or do it right afterwards?
I have never seen the 3 solubles sold separately. You get better results following the directions from FF exactly... using the main trio as recommended per each week of the grow, and adding in one of the 3 solubles, depending on where in the grow you are. Open Sesame opens up new bud sites in late veg and in stretch and really gets your plants blooming hard, Beasty Blooms builds on those buds significantly during mid bloom and then Cha-Ching in the last 2 weeks and right up to the chop, dramatically increases terpene and resin productions. Use any of these at the wrong time, and you seriously confuse your plant.

All this time, I've used one gallon of Sledgehammer solution and followed it up with 3x the container of water.

Should I water or feed the plants after the flush? Or wait until next time?

All this time, I've used one gallon of Sledgehammer solution and followed it up with 3x the container of water.

Should I water or feed the plants after the flush? Or wait until next time?
depends on the situation. I would generally time my flush to be on a water only day anyway, so it was just an aggressive watering and nutes would come the next time. If you have a starving plant suffering from a salt lockout that you are trying to clear with the flush, then feeding would be appropriate after solving the problem.

I bought a container of Cha-Ching. I never heard of the other two.

After I pour the Sledgehammer solution into the soil, should I wait before the flush? Or do it right afterwards?
The solubles are available in a single package with a small container of each. They can be bought separately.

Check the Fox Farm schedule for the suggested weeks to use the Cha-Ching and the weeks to use the other two. If you hang out in grow and hydro shops they should get a box of the schedules every now and then. Grab one when they are available. I find it easier to just pick up the paper copy than have to look through the list of shortcuts pointing to the same schedule on the Fox Farm web site.

I don't see anything on their web site that says all three have to be used but it is something to consider doing.

If you are going to continue using soil it ends up being easier to build up a good soil mix and avoid the expense of the solubles trio. And, being able to avoid the Fox Farm schedule. It could end up just being easier all around.

I have nothing against Fox Farms. I love the work they have done over the past several decades in building up a decent line of nutrients that can be fed to plants of all types. They helped lead the way. I like their packaging system with the availability of various sized bottles depending on the gardeners needs.

A couple of years ago I tried the Fox Farms schedule with my early soil grows. Ran into problems with the solubles and ended up with messed up leaves and buds. Stopped all supplement feedings, watered only when the plants were ready and the problem slowly went away. But that harvest was not anything even close to what it should have been.

Went back to the grow store and mentioned the problem and what I could use or do instead. He looked at me and said "Trust your soil. You have worked up a decent one. Do a grow all the way through with just the soil and then work on what might be missing."

I made an interesting discovery today. The bottled water that I use on the girls is very inconsistent when it comes to the pH. The water I used today was 7.6; the water from last week was 8.1. And this is the same brand of water! WTF???

Trichomes are milky. I should be starting the harvest next week.

I fed the girls tonight and I'm thinking I should toss Stacy out. She's not getting better and she's barely budding. I doubt I'd get more than two or three grams off her.

Attachments

• stacy1-102520.jpg
    stacy1-102520.jpg
    688.6 KB · Views: 31
  • stacy2-102520.jpg
    stacy2-102520.jpg
    828.8 KB · Views: 33
  • stacy3-102520.jpg
    stacy3-102520.jpg
    1,020.2 KB · Views: 31
  • stacy4-102520.jpg
    stacy4-102520.jpg
    931.9 KB · Views: 32
Bud washing <<< here’s a thread on it.

It’s a method of cleaning buds right after harvest but before further processing. Since that plant is smaller it could probably be done in the kitchen sink.

Use 3 buckets each filled with lukewarm water The steps call for baking soda & lemon juice to be used in first bucket. The next 2 buckets are just for plain water rinses. I don’t use baking soda & lemon juice but rather give the buds a good soak in lukewarm water in each of the 3 buckets. If you scroll thru part of that thread you will see pics of buckets containing nasty water after washing. If you do your bud wash in the sink you may not be able to see how dirty the water is - but trust me after seeing the dirty water from washing your buds I think you will be convinced it’s worthwhile.

Read through some of the thread and found it interesting; I'll have to read more of it. Not sure how it would benefit Stacy (the sick plant). It's just an extra step in the harvesting process.

I may try this with my other plant, Taija. Her trichomes are milky and just beginning to darken.

Back
Top Bottom