PH regularly lowers

GreenGrowth

Hi there, I'm growing a recycled drip system in perlite, change the nutes weekly (30lt res).
The first 24-48hrs the pH will rise and I lower it to maintain 6.0ish, for the remaining days I'm adding pH up every time I check the levels.
Is this a normal cycle?

Hi there, I'm growing a recycled drip system in perlite, change the nutes weekly (30lt res).
The first 24-48hrs the pH will rise and I lower it to maintain 6.0ish, for the remaining days I'm adding pH up every time I check the levels.
Is this a normal cycle?
Might be changing in temperature giving you a different reading, 25° is optimal temp to check ph, 25+ starts to read low, 25 and less should read higher, takes a decent temp change to really effect it tho, like 5°c so is your intake water different temp as res?

Might be changing in temperature giving you a different reading, 25° is optimal temp to check ph, 25+ starts to read low, 25 and less should read higher, takes a decent temp change to really effect it tho, like 5°c so is your intake water different temp as res?
The reservoir sits at around 21(+/-2), I try to maintain this temp as I'm led to believe that at higher temps the DO levels get lower

Interesting.... This is the first I’ve ever heard this.

Is this a normal cycle?
Where do you get your water from, is it hard water,what ph does it start at?

Interesting.... This is the first I’ve ever heard this.

any decent ph meter has a correction factor. it will be listed in the specs. if you measure ph outside of the correction factor it may return an unreliable figure.

most ph pens have decent range and most growers never exceed this. there are outliers however.

I'm using rain water with pH of 6.5
Cool, i live in a hard water area and that makes my ph unstable,it raises first then drops like yours. I found it was reacting with the formula I was using, if I reduced the amount of mycrorize I used it became more stable.
Just out of curiosity, what is the ppm of your rain water with nothing added?

Cool, i live in a hard water area and that makes my ph unstable,it raises first then drops like yours. I found it was reacting with the formula I was using, if I reduced the amount of mycrorize I used it became more stable.
Just out of curiosity, what is the ppm of your rain water with nothing added?
Never tested ppm of my nutes, 1. Don't have a meter, 2. Change nutes weekly so don't feel the need

Back
Top Bottom