is a ph test kit the for a pool the same as one for a aqauram and hydroponics

Trying to match up colors in the narrow pH range that we deal with are pretty hard on a color chart. I did use one for the first couple months but bought a BlueLab pH pen and never looked back. If you can swing the $70-$80, get the pen, they are right on the money and no guess work involved

Edited to add..... I just noticed out of 8 posts you have started 6 new threads asking for help. I think you would be much better off to start a journal so that members can follow along and see what you're doing. All of your questions are more than likely related and it would be helpful to those who are trying to help.

You can get them for 16 to 25 bucks online for a digital pen. ppm meter same price. If you want strips my local store has them in the aquarium section for really cheap.

Test strips are not the best for accurate measurements. a digital pen is what you would want. Now I know this is a touchy subject but from my experience the cheap pens are not that accurate. I have a 37$ PH pen I got from eBay and a 130$ BlueLab pen I got brand new from our supplier. The cheap pen is always reading differently even if I put it back into the same water I measured the number is different. Now for soil guys they would still petty much work because it is somewhat in the right range but for Hydro its not accurate enough. I pulled my DWC bins down to 5.5~ with the cheap pen and the good pen reads almost 6. I have re calibrated both the good pen and cheap pen and the cheap pen is always giving me wonky results. Could be the brand I bought. I didnt buy the cheapest one I could find but I did buy in the lower end of pricing.

Test strips are not the best for accurate measurements. a digital pen is what you would want. Now I know this is a touchy subject but from my experience the cheap pens are not that accurate. I have a 37$ PH pen I got from eBay and a 130$ BlueLab pen I got brand new from our supplier. The cheap pen is always reading differently even if I put it back into the same water I measured the number is different. Now for soil guys they would still petty much work because it is somewhat in the right range but for Hydro its not accurate enough. I pulled my DWC bins down to 5.5~ with the cheap pen and the good pen reads almost 6. I have re calibrated both the good pen and cheap pen and the cheap pen is always giving me wonky results. Could be the brand I bought. I didnt buy the cheapest one I could find but I did buy in the lower end of pricing.

And that is why I use a pH buffered nutrient. I haven't checked pH in my dwc in over a year.

Back
Top Bottom