PH

Greenery999

Hello, This is my first post. I grew hydroponics, this time will be soil. If I use FFOF and FF nutrients and FF's feeding schedule I shouldn't have no problems with PH. Am I right ?

I'm still new to this so just thought I'd ask why you would use bloom nutrients for seedlings? I use a root stimulator with a very light amount of grow nutrients to start my seedlings and it works every time. Also you can find a PH pen for a few bucks online I'd advise you to pick one up.
Hope this helps you bro and good luck with your venture.
:thumb:

Morning Bill

First of all welcome.

I'm still fairly new myself, but thought i would throw a little info at you.

If you are using Fox farms Soil be careful. ( i use Promix HP) nothing added i add everything

It has lots of its own nutrients built right in. Nutes in my humble opinion should be added very slowly.

When i planted my seedlings (once they grew a tap root all i did was put them in seedling soil. something that really has no nutrients, but great drainage. Seeds have their own food for the first week or so of growth. They were in Solo cups.

Remember the seedling stage is until you get the 5 bladed leaf. Veg stage starts at this point.

I re-potted from the solo cups to 1 gal pots when the plants were 2 weeks above soil. this gives them a good root base. This is when i added my first of anything. What i used was a promix root booster.

I let them have a couple of days to get used to their new homes. i then started on the nutes, again be careful try it at 1/4 strength first

Hope some of this helps. Come check out my Journal

Keep it Frosty Bud:cool:

Hello, This is my first post. I grew hydroponics, this time will be soil. If I use FFOF and FF nutrients and FF's feeding schedule I shouldn't have no problems with PH. Am I right ?
hi I have a few grows done with fox farms and I usually mix the OF with half happy frog and add some perilite. I don't use any nutes for 3 weeks and then start using FF feeding schedule. as far as ph, I know grow big will definatley lower it a few points . I mix my nutes in a 5 gal bucket, stir and then let sit for 5 mins or so. you can get a cheap ph meter on amazon for under 15$. these things seem to work for me Good luck oh yeah as stated above use about 1/4 of the dosage on feeding schedule and slowly work your way up.

Sly..jhlee I'm going to get some basic soil and put it in Solo cups then when I get a tap root place them in the cups and find a root/seedling booster to use. Then I'll cut the bottom out of the cups and then place in the Fox Farm soil. I'll use the Fox Farm nutes and feeding schedule but like you guys said I'll use 1/4 strentgh. I'm glad I got on this website I've learned a lot already. lol I grew one time hydroponics in 1989. I did good. My concern with soil was over nutes but I think i'm good now. I'm going to order a ph pen within the next day or two. I should be ready to germinate next week. Thanks, you guys helped me out a lot already

Don't plant the solo cup if that's what you were thinking. If you're starting in a solo cup then wait for a good root system and transplant the regular way by sliding the root ball from the cup and putting it in your next pot. Assuming this is not an autoflower.

Since you haven't planted in FFOF yet you might want to consider replacing that with a non-nutrient soil. That way you are in control over what your plants get and when. If you have to use the FFOF then cut it with another soil and perlite is a good idea too. BigBloom can be started after around 10 days above soil, 1tbs/gallon. I eventually go to 4tbs/gallon by the third week or so and for the rest of the grow.

Hey what's up Sly. I had to order from Attitude and just got the order today. Crop Kings said they never got my money. I'm behind. I have a brand new CO2 propane generator and I just ordered a Titan co2 monitor, controller. I have a big room that I'm going to build a smaller room in it. I figure 8ft x 11ft. I have the plywood and 2x4's. I just have to build it. lol This weekend I have to get moving. I work all week and don't feel like doing anything but I have to. I got the seeds. I have everything . I spent around $1200 I'll get back shortly to what's going on.

Back
Top Bottom