Photo period plant that never flowers?

Hey everyone it's me, that dabber dude, aka Kyle.

So I have a friend/ neighbor (also a member here) who's plant isn't flowering much at all and hes 2 weeks post flip.

Apparently he thought he flipped about a month ago but realized the timer wasn't correct and they actually went from 18 6 to 24/7 lighting. After he realized they were on the wrong setting (2 weeks later) they got put on 11 13. So just to be clear, they vegged 2 months at 18 6, then 2 weeks at 24 hours of light and then flipped to 11 13 2 weeks ago.

....Well the problem is they dont really seem to be flowering ....

I see pistils. But no buds forming. Hes a kit grower and usually does the CAT drench week 3 or 4 for the frost. But heres what we have instead....

20190121_162023_1548120241432.jpg

@Pennywise @Cultivator @Duggan @Norcaliwood @SweetSue any idea what could be going on?? Its Dave arctic bowl hes growing a cross he made last year (C99xhuckleberry)× grape krush. He wondered if it was genetic or something. I told him I had only every heard of autos not flowering and had to ask if the timer was for sure good. He confirmed it was
.. so I am here asking for your veteran input and or advice as well as anyone else's. Thanks gang

:circle-of-love::cheer::thanks::420:

Hey everyone it's me, that dabber dude, aka Kyle.

So I have a friend/ neighbor (also a member here) who's plant isn't flowering much at all and hes 2 weeks post flip.

Apparently he thought he flipped about a month ago but realized the timer wasn't correct and they actually went from 18 6 to 24/7 lighting. After he realized they were on the wrong setting (2 weeks later) they got put on 11 13. So just to be clear, they vegged 2 months at 18 6, then 2 weeks at 24 hours of light and then flipped to 11 13 2 weeks ago.

....Well the problem is they dont really seem to be flowering ....

I see pistils. But no buds forming. Hes a kit grower and usually does the CAT drench week 3 or 4 for the frost. But heres what we have instead....

20190121_162023_1548120241432.jpg

@Pennywise @Cultivator @Duggan @Norcaliwood @SweetSue any idea what could be going on?? Its Dave arctic bowl hes growing a cross he made last year (C99xhuckleberry)× grape krush. He wondered if it was genetic or something. I told him I had only every heard of autos not flowering and had to ask if the timer was for sure good. He confirmed it was
.. so I am here asking for your veteran input and or advice as well as anyone else's. Thanks gang

:circle-of-love::cheer::thanks::420:

The only thing I can think of that would cause that is some interruption in the dark cycle (light leak?) that's long enough to prevent the plant from going into flower, such as with a GLR schedule; or the room never going completely dark, at all. :hmmmm:

Maybe this particular strain takes more than two weeks from the flip to start flowering?
Patience perhaps?

Maybe this particular strain takes more than two weeks from the flip to start flowering?
Patience perhaps?

I though of that possibility, too, and checked the strains. Cinderella 99, Huckleberry and Grape Krush all are supposed to finish within 9 weeks. That being said, I guess it's possible it was a mis-labelled seed and is really some pure Sativa with a 14-week flower cycle! :rofl:

I though of that possibility, too, and checked the strains. Cinderella 99, Huckleberry and Grape Krush all are supposed to finish within 9 weeks. That being said, I guess it's possible it was a mis-labelled seed and is really some pure Sativa with a 14-week flower cycle! :rofl:
Yeah well there was a bluniverse male in there too. But again, 9 weeks....

And these were the first regs he has run. So no chance of old pollen hitting them. I agree krip. It seems so weird and my thoughts were that it may be a light leak or 1 light of the room not shutting off. Ugh, idk man. I'll see if I can get there in person this week. It has to be something silly. I've never heard of a photo period that didnt flower. And even when I grow a plant that stretches 4 or 5 weeks it still shows hair and frost along the way....

Yeah well there was a bluniverse male in there too. But again, 9 weeks....

And these were the first regs he has run. So no chance of old pollen hitting them. I agree krip. It seems so weird and my thoughts were that it may be a light leak or 1 light of the room not shutting off. Ugh, idk man. I'll see if I can get there in person this week. It has to be something silly. I've never heard of a photo period that didnt flower. And even when I grow a plant that stretches 4 or 5 weeks it still shows hair and frost along the way....

I'd be interested to know what you find on this one! :hmmmm:

It has to be a light still on, I’ve heard of the small light on a surge protector keeping plants from flowering.

This is true! Lights from any electrical devices can have this effect. I actually put electrical tape over the power switch on a suge protector I have that lights up when on just to prevent possible issues. ;)

Back
Top Bottom