Can I recover frazzled plants or are they dead

AgedMaster

Hi people my friend has a iws setup and forgot to turn pump on cause hes a complete idiot is there any way to recover i doubt it a lot there completely frazzled it was off for 2 days they was in flower
WP_20220328_08_35_54_Pro - Copy.jpg

WP_20220328_08_35_57_Pro - Copy.jpg

There is no mention of what they are growing in. Is it soil or coco or some sort of coco mix or some kind of soil mix?

Your friend is not the major problem in this situation. You mention that the water was off for two days and this is what happened. That makes me think that the plants were not being properly watered to begin with.

is there any way to recover i doubt it a lot there completely frazzled it was off for 2 days they was in flower
The only way to tell is to water them slowly and steadily until the soil is saturated. Maybe even take a break and stop watering for a half hour and then start up again. When the soil is soaking wet stop watering for a day or two and see what happens. Do not add any fertilizer or nutrients to the water.

If they start to recover you can start to add light doses of nutrients and eventually get them back to full dosage but that is down the road.

The photos are out of focus so it is hard to tell for sure but they do look like toast. But you will never know unless you try to rescue them.

There is no mention of what they are growing in. Is it soil or coco or some sort of coco mix or some kind of soil mix?

Your friend is not the major problem in this situation. You mention that the water was off for two days and this is what happened. That makes me think that the plants were not being properly watered to begin with.

The only way to tell is to water them slowly and steadily until the soil is saturated. Maybe even take a break and stop watering for a half hour and then start up again. When the soil is soaking wet stop watering for a day or two and see what happens. Do not add any fertilizer or nutrients to the water.

If they start to recover you can start to add light doses of nutrients and eventually get them back to full dosage but that is down the road.

The photos are out of focus so it is hard to tell for sure but they do look like toast. But you will never know unless you try to rescue them.
there done for pal there gone 15 plants what a idiot he uses coco 70% and clayballs 30% iws system feeds 3 times per day thats what happens in iws all it takes is 2 days to go like that he done it exact same way last time and got 150oz

Check with @Krissi1982 or @Emilya and see what they say. They intentionally drought their plants for more than 2 days and are able to revive them.

Sorry for the bad luck there.

Coco...I bet it got super dry. Seems like she's pretty dry for just 2 days even in coco. Listen though, those pictures aren't the best- they look dried to a bone not really droopy :confused:

Like I said, maybe a better picture and I can see better.

I've seen some plants recover from severe droughts both unintentional or not and you would be surprised what they can recover from

Any better shots? Regardless, in coco I would imagine they would show some life pretty fast after getting fed again. Usually within several hours

I think so too, just really hard to tell with these pictures.

i've brought back plants in that condition :p
@Emilya knows what she talking about

it was always soil though. there's always hope in soil. they reveg but they come back. not sure i could pull it off in hydro at this point. it will depend on the roots.

you just slowly bring them back with weak nutes and careful lighting. we had mother plants we neglected for months. under weak t5s. a little water a little love and they came back under the same t5s.

Even if the the shoots still have some life (and it doesn't look like it), it probably isn't worth it. You'd save time, energy, and end up with better product by just yanking them and starting with some new seeds. You could try and see what happens to the current ones, but I think it's a lost cause. I've brought plants back from severe lack of water, but never as crispy as those look.

Coco...I bet it got super dry. Seems like she's pretty dry for just 2 days even in coco. Listen though, those pictures aren't the best- they look dried to a bone not really droopy :confused:

Like I said, maybe a better picture and I can see better.

I've seen some plants recover from severe droughts both unintentional or not and you would be surprised what they can recover from

Any better shots? Regardless, in coco I would imagine they would show some life pretty fast after getting fed again. Usually within several hours
you are correct they was left 7 days not 2 as i thought he came to do a water change thats when he realised all he had to do was ask me to check on things once a day and he would have been good but greed got the better of him

It would be an interesting experiment... pull one up and check the roots for signs of life. If there's life, you could trim the plants back to bare stems, keeping as much of the stem that has life in it, and give them water. Question is, will they sprout out again?

Back
Top Bottom