Photoperiod plant autoflowered

RandyF

420 Member
I had a seed which I thought was a photoperiod plant. Sprouted it, grew it, then it began to flower without any change in light cycle. I isolated it and emailed the seed supplier and they told me that this strain (peach puree) was not available in an autoflower. I thought maybe it was some kind of wierd hermie or mutant or something.

It's been flowering beautiful and smells great and seems to be in great shape.

Has anyone else encountered this strange phenomenon? And how long should I let go? It has been in flower for about 25-30 days and it is 50 days old. Also, the trichomes are already cloudy.

Attachments

• 20200211_145858.jpg
    20200211_145858.jpg
    747.4 KB · Views: 80
Looks nice, I would say they had a stray auto seed possibly go astray? She sure has a lot of white pistols yet, seems much too early to have milky bud trichomes? I harvest when pistols are brown and the tri's are milky, as that is a sign that the thc is already degrading. I don't see the point of waiting for amber as those tri's have totally degraded, but everyone has their way!

Hey @RandyF , sorry to hear about the mutant seed :(

The pistils are just a rough estimate, and some pistils on a few strains don't change color very much.

Your best bet is to just watch the trichomes on the calyx - the flower - it's the best indication.

Trichomes on the sugar leaves are not as accurate.

Have you had a chance to head over to @George from The Vault 's threads? He sells high quality seeds, and you can even enter for your chance to win some. His threads are in my signature below.

That's a great looking plant! You should have a grow journal here and enter your plants and buds in our contests to win prizes!

Keep in touch!

Cheers!

Thanks @DrCannaCanadian

It was only one of 6 so all is not lost. the rest are on schedule. It was just an oddity that I couldn't wrap my head around . I have her in her own box now, she is happy. And I just put her sister's into 12/12.

I would figure it was a mixup, but the seed bank told me that there was no autoflower variety! I guess it must be evolution.

Anywho, I took some clones of her sisters and I might have screwed hem up. If they dont pan out, I'm gonna need @George from The Vault for the next haul. Thanks for the tip. I awfully new to having a nice setup. Next grow, I'll be doing a journal for sure.

Back
Top Bottom