Pineapple juice or molasses during late flower

HolySpicoli

I have read about using unsweetened pineapple juice or molasses during the last 2-3 weeks of flowering, to feed the good microbes in the soil and possibly improve taste and smell. I have been looking for some definitive answers about this.

Can I use molasses from the baking aisle at the grocery store? I bought a can of unsweetened pineapple juice the other day if I can use it. And does anyone know the formula for such a thing? No grow stores within a couple of hours, I don't have much time to order anything at this point, and I am strapped for cash right now. Thanks y'all! :morenutes:

Drink the pineapple juice.

Molasses for the plants. Unsulfured (?) from the baking aisle is fine. Grandma's, Brer Rabbit etc.

1tbl/gallon of water, every watering. Dissolve the molasses in hot water or you'll be forever trying to mix it.

DD

Thanks so much, especially for the answer about dosing. Had done a little further research and had decided to do molasses. Appears blackstrap is the kind to use? I have seen that it is harder to find, but then saw some people saying they bought it at Walmart or their grocery store. Gonna hit the grocer next time I leave the house.

FYI ... Blackstrap is a step in the refining process (the third IIRC), and not a brand name or anything like that.

Just make sure it is un sulphured.

DD

FYI ... Blackstrap is a step in the refining process (the third IIRC), and not a brand name or anything like that.

Just make sure it is un sulphured.

DD

Yeah, I read up on it. There is the #1 light stuff, the #2 dark stuff, and the #3 blackstrap. Stuff looks like tar in the pic I saw. I will make sure of un-sulphured. I figured I would have to put it in damn near boiling water to melt, but thanks for reminding me. That way I can look back at this for reminders! :cheesygrinsmiley: I will try to find some tomorrow and add at next watering tomorrow night.

Now, when would you stop feeding molasses? It sounds like I may be starting a bit late, i am at day 40 of flower. Don't know the genetics, but thinking these could be early bloomers. Callyxs are swollen, concerned about what I see in a couple, look like green seeds, and hard. :confused: But that's a different topic...

never heard of using pineapple in a grow sounds interesting might work somewhat because of the sugar content its about the same idea with molasses you re using the sugar to make the plant plump up if you hear more about the pine apple thing let me know

Not too late, many just use the molasses in the last few weeks of flowering.

I use it throughout the grow, mainly for my AACT teas and such.

You're GTG.

DD

Oh, I don't stop using it.

The last couple of weeks, I stop the nutes and it's just water and molasses till finish.

I don't flush either.

DD

never heard of using pineapple in a grow sounds interesting might work somewhat because of the sugar content its about the same idea with molasses you re using the sugar to make the plant plump up if you hear more about the pine apple thing let me know

I am going to go the molasses way. It appears it does the same thing but there is more information out there about it, I feel safer with it.

And DD, I am going to follow your instructions. It is obvious you know what you are talking about. :thanks:

Couldn't find blackstrap at walmart or the grocery store, only found Brer Rabbit full (2nd boil) and Grandma's. Apparently Grandma's does not make blackstrap, according to their public relations firm. Gonna stop by the health food store.

Brer Rabbit or Grandma's is fine, but I usually get Brer Rabbit. Have used both.

The health food store is too much $$$$$. LOL

What I use now is feed grade high brix molasses. $8/gallon at the feed store.

DD

Yeah, I don't need that much molasses. A five gallon tub would probably be around longer than me. I only have 7 plants. And actually Plantation organic blackstrap molasses was only $4.49 at the health food store for 16 oz. Enough for a couple small grows.

Oh, yeah, duh, OK, so we are all stoners and miss shit from time to time (always). A gallon for $8, that would be OK, still more than I need, but OK. I have seen that a lot of people buy it at the feed store in 5 gallon pails for around $50 or so.

Yah, I use quite a bit, on my garden also, but even then, 5 gallons would be a bit much. LOL They are ~$20-$25 here for the 5 gallon pails.

Plantation is fine.

DD

I have read about using unsweetened pineapple juice or molasses during the last 2-3 weeks of flowering, to feed the good microbes in the soil and possibly improve taste and smell. I have been looking for some definitive answers about this.

Can I use molasses from the baking aisle at the grocery store? I bought a can of unsweetened pineapple juice the other day if I can use it. And does anyone know the formula for such a thing? No grow stores within a couple of hours, I don't have much time to order anything at this point, and I am strapped for cash right now. Thanks y'all! :morenutes:
I use apple juice and yes everything can come from the grocery store. Paps

Drink the pineapple juice.

Molasses for the plants. Unsulfured (?) from the baking aisle is fine. Grandma's, Brer Rabbit etc.

1tbl/gallon of water, every watering. Dissolve the molasses in hot water or you'll be forever trying to mix it.

DD
This is what I do as well. I tablespoon/gallon every watering. I just mix it in with the other nutes :thumb:

Yeah, I read up on it. There is the #1 light stuff, the #2 dark stuff, and the #3 blackstrap. Stuff looks like tar in the pic I saw. I will make sure of un-sulphured. I figured I would have to put it in damn near boiling water to melt, but thanks for reminding me. That way I can look back at this for reminders! :cheesygrinsmiley: I will try to find some tomorrow and add at next watering tomorrow night.

Now, when would you stop feeding molasses? It sounds like I may be starting a bit late, i am at day 40 of flower. Don't know the genetics, but thinking these could be early bloomers. Callyxs are swollen, concerned about what I see in a couple, look like green seeds, and hard. :confused: But that's a different topic...
You do know that your plant is already dumping sugars, protein and starches into the soil from its roots...They're called exudates and they're designed to feed specific microbes that breakdown specific nutes that your plant needs. I'm not sure if more is better or not. Just wanted to make sure you know that our plants are doing this already.

Back
Top Bottom