Molasses vs. Sucanat

Hey folks,

At the end I have been urged to use molasses or sucanat (sugar cane natural) for flavor and to give the ladies a little more energy at the end. While I researched I found molasses contains sodium while sucanat has none. There were very vocal arguments over what brand of molasses to use as some (Mother's) seem to be lower in sodium or what is better molasses vs. sucanat. Some folks said both.

I settled on sucanat only because

a) it has no additives like sodium.

b) sucanat has molasses in it, it is the raw product without the molasses removed.

c) it is much easier to work with.

How do you folks feel?

visual stimulation :)

DSC_6452_lvl.jpg

I am curious as well. I just watered with a dose of molasses. Not sure what it really does but will find out in 2 weeks. The cane sugar seems like the best choice. Maybe a 420 Guru will add to this. ( my ist real grow )

Thought I'd better explain the laughing emocon. If your going to start passing out samples I'm in
if you want good info you could message OMM or Twelve12, or some of the others that have been here awhile.
Good luck and keep us informed of you test.

You can't polish a turd

So as you know I have tried and now continue to use sucanat. You really need good genetics for good flavor and smoke. I believe all the bud enhancers do help but when you have shitty seed with poor genetics it is still going to taste like crap. I had some seed that turned out to be "stealth hermies" One plant one developed one banana where I could not see it under an already well formed bud. Another went a good way female 3-4 weeks before it totally went banana in a big way. Both had nice buds ... both had sucanat and other bud enhancements. One smells like hay and tastes like shit, the other surprisingly is fruity like mangos both smelling it and the aftertaste. So if you have crappy genetics and you get a bad plant sucanat or not it will still taste like crap. Speaking of better genetics S girl has been harvested in steps. She is incredible, smooth with flavor that is unique (lost all pine flavor the early bud had)

anyway here is a look at a bag of S Girl nuggets

For scale that is a lunch bag with 24 grams of nuggets, can ya smell them? :cheesygrinsmiley:

DSC_7231_buds.jpg

I am curious as well. I just watered with a dose of molasses. Not sure what it really does but will find out in 2 weeks. The cane sugar seems like the best choice. Maybe a 420 Guru will add to this. ( my ist real grow )

Use what is easier to source and the cheapest.

I use a feed grade Hi Brix molasses, ~$8/gallon. The only Sucanat that I can find is over $10 for a not very big bag. It was cheap as hell back in SoFla, but I don't live there anymore.

HWW ... Molasses is a step in the sugar refining process, not really something separate.

DD

I bought some "Crosby's Blackstrap Molasses.
Doesn't say un-sulphured anywhere on the box.
Does that mean I got the wrong kind?

As long as it doesn't have sulfur or sulfites in the ingredient list, you're GTG.

DD

I have been adding blackstrap molasses to every feeding. Mostly for the Potash and all the various minerals it has.

I am a noob though so don't take that I am doing something to mean its a great idea lol. But so far so good.

Back
Top Bottom