Pineapple Kush - Perpetual - 1000w

A lot of people do hang vertical. You get a lot more out of the bulb then horizontal. But for what you're doing you would want horizontal. When you grow bigger plants you can hang a vertical partially below the canopy. I'm not sure how far down, but you get side lighting and a lot more use of the spectrum an lumen output. You figure you're getting 360* of light coverage compared to the small chunk actually facing down in a horizontal hood with the rest being reflected.

But for a scrog like you have going, yes a horizontal setup would be much better

Kinda what I figured. Wonder why they even sold thes umbrella canopys, bulb placing isn't efficant.

Hey Jim, thanks man :)
I'm pondering the same thing about the dwc lol I definately won't flower them in dwc. My grow room temps are too high. I'm thinking on sacrificing 1 or 2 of them to clones. I've tried dwc to soil transfer and the plants always die on me. So I figured cloning them is easiest.
Or I might just split them up to there own buckets and keep all 3 for mothers when I start back up.

Sure bro, you can post anything here anytime.

I started my nft hydro strawberries. Worked with what I had around the house and some tips from you. 4 plants are rooting good, in my nft system. No new growth yet but I'm sure that will start in the next few weeks. I found a guy local who grows strawberries with nft and he said he uses mg crystal tomato food. I have a box of that on hand so I added 1 tsp to the system. Whole system might hold 3 gallons ATM. Going to upgrade rezivoir to a 5 gallon bucket. And then a Rubbermaid tub once I find or buy more abs pipe. If I have to buy I'll get PVC because its cheaper and its white lol abs is black and blacks attract heat. And its thick as fuck and my hole saw struggles lol
I'll post pics in the non 420 section once its going better.

Cheers bro. can't wait to see them pics!

Please use CPVC for your home built hydroponics system, ABS plastic is not drinking water safe.

Here she is. Northern Lights X Big Bud Auto. Seed popped around 6/8. This is my best start yet. Question looking for an answer... The nutrients are ph'd to 5.5 but the overflow waste ph's at 7.3. Why the big difference? 100% perlite. Using suggested feeding Simple Drain to Waste feeding schedule with GH FloraNova Grow and Rapid Start. Will start the Liquid KoolBloom and Floralicious at end of this week. Plant looks good so far. She is under a 48x3 reflector model by TopLED, Led Grow Lights for indoor plants-Top Led a 420 magazine sponsor. When she starts to flower she will go under my Mars II 700 from TopLED. First Hempy. Thanks to Stumped and PeytonManning for their help in my first and second grow.

IMG_046027.JPG

:geek:
WJ

I would flush your medium with pH adjusted water until your pH returns to normal. You want pH 5.8 for hydroponic and soiless (peat moss and coco coir) and pH 6.5 for soil.

Here she is. Northern Lights X Big Bud Auto. Seed popped around 6/8. This is my best start yet. Question looking for an answer... The nutrients are ph'd to 5.5 but the overflow waste ph's at 7.3. Why the big difference? 100% perlite. Using suggested feeding Simple Drain to Waste feeding schedule with GH FloraNova Grow and Rapid Start. Will start the Liquid KoolBloom and Floralicious at end of this week. Plant looks good so far. She is under a 48x3 reflector model by TopLED, Led Grow Lights for indoor plants-Top Led a 420 magazine sponsor. When she starts to flower she will go under my Mars II 700 from TopLED. First Hempy. Thanks to Stumped and PeytonManning for their help in my first and second grow.

IMG_046027.JPG

WJ

Sweet man. NL your going to love, one of my personal favorites. Both strains are good, be cool to see what strain is dominant.

Did you rinse your perlite before use? I know that can cause pH spikes. I would do what kingjohn said and flush with adjusted water until corrected.

Also I'm not sure if this is true or not, but I was told don't use koolbloom until flowering. Meaning once you see pre flowers. I use it day one of 12/12 as of last crop, I seen no I'll effects. But might cause issues because technically the nlxbb is still in veg mode. Maybe king John can shed some light.

I'm gonna try Hempy when I start back up, after seeing the yields compared to soil in same size container may have sold me!

Cheers brother. Somehow I missed this yesterday. I was like wtf where's the pic lol

You can always glue in some mylar to be sure of high reflectivity in the reflector.

Lol put your hand within 4 inch of a 1kw hps. Pretty sure it would melt mylar fast.

I'm gonna go looking today. I have some polish I used on my truck box. Was same color and shit. Polished it to almost mirror.
Might use this powder coated white sheet metal I have here. Paint might flake when I start to bend it dang just thought of that.

Lol put your hand within 4 inch of a 1kw hps. Pretty sure it would melt mylar fast.

I'm gonna go looking today. I have some polish I used on my truck box. Was same color and shit. Polished it to almost mirror.
Might use this powder coated white sheet metal I have here. Paint might flake when I start to bend it dang just thought of that.

If you bend into three flat panes, top and two angled sides, flaking off at the bent corners is no big deal. I like prefer coated white over full shiny anyway - good reflection, less hot spots.

If you bend into three flat panes, top and two angled sides, flaking off at the bent corners is no big deal. I like prefer coated white over full shiny anyway - good reflection, less hot spots.

Good point. I can't say I prefer shiney vs white. My current reflector is white and I don't think I've had hot spots.

I get what your saying, and same idea I was getting at. Simplify!

My current reflector is made up of triangles. I'm thinking if I attach 2 making a square, I can bend that to the shape discussed above.

Never thought about the melting factor. Sorry.

Sweet man. NL your going to love, one of my personal favorites. Both strains are good, be cool to see what strain is dominant.

Did you rinse your perlite before use? I know that can cause pH spikes. I would do what kingjohn said and flush with adjusted water until corrected.

Also I'm not sure if this is true or not, but I was told don't use koolbloom until flowering. Meaning once you see pre flowers. I use it day one of 12/12 as of last crop, I seen no I'll effects. But might cause issues because technically the nlxbb is still in veg mode. Maybe king John can shed some light.

I'm gonna try Hempy when I start back up, after seeing the yields compared to soil in same size container may have sold me!

Cheers brother. Somehow I missed this yesterday. I was like wtf where's the pic lol

Yes I rinsed the perlite before use. I put 5 gallons of ph corrected tap water through first. Took a couple days.
I started a flush and have already used one gallon 5.5 tap water through. Will do another a little later. Drain was 6.7. So Next flush might do it. I hesitate doing a flush and not allowing the water to drain down completely. So I will do them about an hour apart.
I am doing just what GH says on their SIMPLE drain to waste feeding schedule. I want to see how using what they recommend will help my harvest. I'm starting to enjoy this. I like gardening with water.
You should try this hempy technique Stumped, A clone should do real well in this. Here's a good idea, get some 5 gal paint strainers, 1 pack of 2 will do ($3 at any depot), and put the perlite into that net bag. If you want to save your perlite it's nice if it is in a bag. Plus it keeps the drain hole from being blocked. Been doing that with my tomatoes for a couple years.

Good point. I can't say I prefer shiney vs white. My current reflector is white and I don't think I've had hot spots.

I get what your saying, and same idea I was getting at. Simplify!

My current reflector is made up of triangles. I'm thinking if I attach 2 making a square, I can bend that to the shape discussed above.

I can't quite visualize that, but I look forward to seeing it, or indeed, whatever solution you fabricate :)

Yes I rinsed the perlite before use. I put 5 gallons of ph corrected tap water through first. Took a couple days.
I started a flush and have already used one gallon 5.5 tap water through. Will do another a little later. Drain was 6.7. So Next flush might do it. I hesitate doing a flush and not allowing the water to drain down completely. So I will do them about an hour apart.
I am doing just what GH says on their SIMPLE drain to waste feeding schedule. I want to see how using what they recommend will help my harvest. I'm starting to enjoy this. I like gardening with water.
You should try this hempy technique Stumped, A clone should do real well in this. Here's a good idea, get some 5 gal paint strainers, 1 pack of 2 will do ($3 at any depot), and put the perlite into that net bag. If you want to save your perlite it's nice if it is in a bag. Plus it keeps the drain hole from being blocked. Been doing that with my tomatoes for a couple years.

I definitely want to try perlite Hempy. I've done Hempy with hydroton, reusable :) only reason why it didn't work for me last time was I have so many plants at once. Too much damn work lol
But when I start up again I'm gonna look into longer veg times and less plants so Hempy might be my ticket. If I don't do Hempy.... I'm going with original plan. Flood and drain table 3x3 foot filled with hydroton. 20 gallon res. Pump and timer away I go.
Or just 4-6 5 gallon Hempy buckets. I'm looking at cost effective, IMO buying a $10 bag of perlite every pot for every grow, just isn't cost effective for me. I've washed perlite in the past, and I'll never do that again lol pain in the arse. Probably end up using hydroton and perlite side by side Hempy to see.
When I did Hempy with hydroton, the yields weren't any better with soil. Maybe perlite makes all the difference.

Thanks for the advice and getting me thinking lol.

I'm not clear on the concept, do you have a good link for hempy style?

I'm thinking of standard watering with rockwool cubes our perlite, maybe cap'n style reservoir for a fall grow.
2-4 well vegged plants.

As for cleaning perlite for reuse, could I just hang mesh bags of perlite in a flowing stream for a couple of weeks?
If I'm going soilless, seems like reusable would be better.
Then again $10 of growing medium to grow $500+ of cannabis seems like a small added expense

I'm not clear on the concept, do you have a good link for hempy style?

I'm thinking of standard watering with rockwool cubes our perlite, maybe cap'n style reservoir for a fall grow.
2-4 well vegged plants.

As for cleaning perlite for reuse, could I just hang mesh bags of perlite in a flowing stream for a couple of weeks?
If I'm going soilless, seems like reusable would be better.
Then again $10 of growing medium to grow $500+ of cannabis seems like a small added expense

I don't have a link, trying to stay withing 420s link policy. Basically u use a pH neutral medium, most people use perlite, u can use hydroton aka clay pebbles. Recommended is perlite, anyway. U get a bucket, put a hole in it about 2 inch from the bottom, put screen over the hole so perlite can't flow out. Below the 2 inch hole acts like a mini resivoir. No pumps no air stones no extra equipment and its pretty close to a hydroponic environment.
Check out peytonmannings journals, or maybe I can get him to post a pic. Its simple.
Cleaning perlite, the point of cleaning g is getting the roots out. I used a cement mixer with window screen attached, lost quite abit of perlite in the process. I use a 1 cm mesh on the mixer to rinse my hydroton. What it came down to was reusable for me. And how hard it would be to prepare.

Capn style looks interesting as well, but I dread buying all that rockwool croutons. 50$ a bag here to fill 2 pots.

Pot up here is cheaper then tobacco, so cheaper the better for me.

I definitely want to try perlite Hempy. I've done Hempy with hydroton, reusable :) only reason why it didn't work for me last time was I have so many plants at once. Too much damn work lol
But when I start up again I'm gonna look into longer veg times and less plants so Hempy might be my ticket. If I don't do Hempy.... I'm going with original plan. Flood and drain table 3x3 foot filled with hydroton. 20 gallon res. Pump and timer away I go.
Or just 4-6 5 gallon Hempy buckets. I'm looking at cost effective, IMO buying a $10 bag of perlite every pot for every grow, just isn't cost effective for me. I've washed perlite in the past, and I'll never do that again lol pain in the arse. Probably end up using hydroton and perlite side by side Hempy to see.
When I did Hempy with hydroton, the yields weren't any better with soil. Maybe perlite makes all the difference.

Thanks for the advice and getting me thinking lol.
$10 a bucket? I buy mine at the farmers coop. $18 for a giant 20 pound bag. 4 cubic feet or 113 liters.
If you have a RHempy you only need 3 gallon buckets. My tomato plants are 6' tall and are loaded with tomatoes. They are in 3 gallon buckets of 100% perlite in a net bag. They are like hempy's with 45 gallons of reservoir constantly pumping nutes around.

$10 a bucket? I buy mine at the farmers coop. $18 for a giant 20 pound bag. 4 cubic feet or 113 liters.
If you have a RHempy you only need 3 gallon buckets. My tomato plants are 6' tall and are loaded with tomatoes. They are in 3 gallon buckets of 100% perlite in a net bag. They are like hempy's with 45 gallons of reservoir constantly pumping nutes around.

We have free health care, but we pay out the ass for everything else lol no kidding, biggest bag I've seen of perlite might fill 2 of my 2 gallon pots and they are 7.99 + tax 15%

Back
Top Bottom