SweetPs

Starting my first ever indoor grow so far what I have set up is:

Hydro Shoot 120 tent (4x4)
Mars Ts3000 LED lighting
AC infinity t6 cloudline & smart controller*

*I'm having some difficulty setting this up any tips would be appreciated

Will be purchasing:
2 oscillating fans

I plan on making my own organic mediums, that are coco coir based. I have a lot of different materials on hand, so I figured I'd try a couple different mixes and see what does best.

My first mix will be:

1 part coco coir
1 part perlite
1 part worm castings
Gaia Green power bloom (as per directions for potted plants)

Second mix:
1 part coco coir
1 part perlite
1part worm castings
1 part pine bark
1/2 part SeaCompost
Gaia Green all purpose
Great white mycorrhizae

I haven't decided what I'm going to try with the third or fourth mix, I may get some Promix Mycorrhizae and amend that? Any suggestions on what to add or take away, or replace on my first two mixes, or recommendations for another mix would be greatly appreciated!

Also, indoor growing, what size pots should I be using? 3 gallon? Or is 5 better?

You can watch me awkwardly set up my tent by myself on YouTube, I'm just uploading the videos now, so will post the links after they're done.

Didn't video setting up my inline fan, but will post pictures by the end of the week!

Good set up
The dirt. It's up to preferences on it. Some folks get crazy. Some just use good pH balance dirt. Some just make it simple.
I found out simple is best less work and everything.
5 gal bags are best. Reusable and cloth. U can even wash them dry and so forth

@7Dust2

Awesome, thank you, I was figuring cloth pots as that's what I used in my outdoor grows, and they did amazing. The roots grew right through my pots with the outdoor grows thoughso wasn't sure if I should stick with them for indoor or not!

I was reading up on using Gaia Green all-purpose in my mixes and I'm excited to give it a try, there's been success stories on. I pot most my houseplants in a coco coir base and use Gaia (and other amendments) and they absolutely love it, so I'm hoping the cannabis plants like it just as much!

:welcome: @SweetPs
What's the problem with the Infinity?
Careful mixing compost and coco, as they work best at different pH and it can quickly get complicated sorting out nutes if problems do arise, plus they hold different amounts of water so watering can be hard to judge
It's caused me headaches before so I stick to coco but maybe you can crack it :cool:

@7Dust2

Awesome, thank you, I was figuring cloth pots as that's what I used in my outdoor grows, and they did amazing. The roots grew right through my pots with the outdoor grows thoughso wasn't sure if I should stick with them for indoor or not!

I was reading up on using Gaia Green all-purpose in my mixes and I'm excited to give it a try, there's been success stories on. I pot most my houseplants in a coco coir base and use Gaia (and other amendments) and they absolutely love it, so I'm hoping the cannabis plants like it just as much!
I reuse mine. Clean them out. Wash them and dry to keep mold and other crap in the fabric. But they are cheep and easy to use. But one thing I say. Keep them off the floor to get air on bottom. I have rack I put on the floor rasies them off the floor. Cause any water stands at bottom of the bags will be molded. I had old stove had this racks inside and I just use them. Just to raise it up some keep air flow.
Make sure u do that. Or move them around each day keep that water from bottoms I always use rocks on floor. Any can be used for that one purpose

I reuse mine. Clean them out. Wash them and dry to keep mold and other crap in the fabric. But they are cheep and easy to use. But one thing I say. Keep them off the floor to get air on bottom. I have rack I put on the floor rasies them off the floor. Cause any water stands at bottom of the bags will be molded. I had old stove had this racks inside and I just use them. Just to raise it up some keep air flow.
Make sure u do that. Or move them around each day keep that water from bottoms I always use rocks on floor. Any can be used for that one purpose
Brilliant! I will definitely do that! Thanks for the tip! I wonder if some heavy duty cookie cooling racks would work

:welcome: @SweetPs
What's the problem with the Infinity?
Careful mixing compost and coco, as they work best at different pH and it can quickly get complicated sorting out nutes if problems do arise, plus they hold different amounts of water so watering can be hard to judge
It's caused me headaches before so I stick to coco but maybe you can crack it :cool:
@Bill284 uses coco in some soil mixes, and one of the Promix Organic blends has some in it too. The Organic Moisture Control blend.
I use pot elevators to keep my fabric plants up off the floor/ground.

Brilliant! I will definitely do that! Thanks for the tip! I wonder if some heavy duty cookie cooling racks would work
I'm starting to look for an oven rack to put in the bottom of my tent, so those would probably work just as well. The elevators are best for outdoors, since they're circular.

IMG_20220105_174451.jpg

@Bill284 uses coco in some soil mixes, and one of the Promix Organic blends has some in it too. The Organic Moisture Control blend.
I use pot elevators to keep my fabric plants up off the floor/ground.
I'll check @Bill284 out! See what I can learn. Ahhhh this is so EXCITING! I feel like a kid in a candy store with all this great info I'm getting

Has anyone watered with diluted unsulphered black strap molasses indoor? I did it with my outdoor grows and my plants did phenomenal.
Yes I use it beginning of flowering in water twice once at beginning and 35 day. Always have. Live by it

Oh that's a good idea too!
Yeah I had a bag mood on bottom and was scared of the plants. And I had bunch rocks . With them white reflects up words and helps lower have the plant

Yes I use it beginning of flowering in water twice once at beginning and 35 day. Always have. Live by it
Awesome, I was so surprised at how much it helped the plants along this year, I'm glad I can use it indoors.

That's brilliant with the white rocks! I wonder if I can find them cheap somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom