Pistil curling a sign of pollination?

TheFertilizer

I had some Black Cherry Soda pollen that I harvested a few months back and had frozen. It had really questionable viability, but I thought I read somewhere ( not able to find it now ) that the pistils curl when they get pollinated? I mixed a small amount ( like a pile maybe the size of a BB ) with cornstarch at about 50/50, then painted it onto the pistils with the brush.

So I made a windshield by cutting a ziplock back diagonally across, and then putting the zipper section by the stem so that I can close it up while the plastic shields the rest of the bud, but doesn't suffocate it since the bottom is open.

Also, anyone know how long I should keep the shield on it? I thought it might be safest to rinse it with a foliar spray after I'm sure it's pollinated but I don't want to wait until too deep into flower to do that.

Thoughts?

IMG_20161026_120603.jpg
IMG_20161025_155708.jpg

Pistils of ANY plant will curl more quickly when pollinated, because they have served their purpose. But sensimillia bud pistils will brown and curl, too, when they are past the age of pollination, and this is usually a lot longr than those allowed to be pollinated.

Back
Top Bottom