PitVipers nutrient recomendations

Thanks Pit! Man AN pisses me of so bad, this feeding that feeding chart, this label that label... I go by ppm it's worked so far, you can however see the last whoa point on the ones in flower... :rofl: :nicethread:

Im sure AN is great But I think that its not that so much better that the cost is worth it...but thats me.

Thought I'd take a look at the Flora Nova Bloom since I had to add some more tonight. Poured it all into a mixing bowl, and it looks like lumpy chocolate cake batter, about the same consistency, but a little thinner. I did my best to crush up all the rocks and mix it up, and I figure they won't re-form in the time I'm going to be taking to use up the bottle. Smell isn't too strong, sort of familiar but can't place it. Not all that bad to smell. I mixed it with water before dumping into the res.

imagine if you will working 7 days straight in 100 deg weather with underwear you havent changed in a month...nor showered for the week... and only ate beans for the week.....thats double ass....anal nectar double ass

LOL, that certainly clears up what you meant <SHUDDERS>. I hope that colorful description came out of a nightmare and not a personal recollection:grinjoint:.

But... That's what pops in your mind when you get a whiff of Floralicious Plus? I didn't think it was that bad. So I wandered out, opened it, and took a whiff. Hmm. Had to take a couple more to nail it down. To me it smells like ink spilled on an old leather belt with a faint trace of... compost? Not decomposition but... earthy but not earthy. <SHRUGS> Best I could do and every time I open it I am afraid I'll spill it so I put it back in the garden shed.

Just didn't seem that foul - or that strong to me. If you really want to flash-burn your sinuses so bad that they look worse than those of a hyperactive car salesman in a leisure suit at a discotheque in the '70s, pick up a bottle of Rich Earth 100% natural 12% Humic Acid Liquid Plant Booster and Soil Conditioner and take a big whiff. I recently made a comment about red fox urine in another thread because its smell is a little bit offensive. But I'll tell you the truth, if I got some of this stuff on my hands and realized that there was no water (, blood, used motor oil, hydrochloric acid, or alien goop) to wash it off with but there was a big bottle of red fox urine... Well that bottle would be empty pretty soon because I'd use it all - and fail miserably - trying to remove the stink of this stuff. I'd say that it smells like 25 gallons of cat piss in a quart bottle but that's just what seems to come at you through the plastic bottle, lol, and is probably from the double-shot of ammonium hydroxide in it. The rest of the smell... Well, it's not so much as a smell as half a brick in a sock swung full-tilt into your face:grinjoint:. The ingredients list reads like a full-text version of the periodic table of elements and frankly I'm afraid to use it. I was going to put some in the garden soil this year because the Rich Earth products come highly recommended, but I think the suggested rate of application of this stuff (8 ounces per 1000 square feet or a gallon per acre) is a little too strong. I'm thinking... Maybe half an eyedropper dropped into a paint can with the lid sealed on it and then buried way out in the corner... of my neighbor's yard.

It's kind of nasty. The whiff I was dumb enough to take of it when I got it and wondered what it smelled like was worse than when I need to use the lab at one of the local wastewater treatment plants (affectionately known as the shit factory) and have to wander all around the plant looking for my buddy to get the key to the lab (I think he sees me coming and hides so I'll have to go on a tour each time;)). And that's not exactly pleasant.

Y'all really think that Floralicious Plus smells bad? I honestly thought your comment about it being "double ass" was about its price. You know, because by weight it probably costs more than renting a couple of strippers for the evening.

Oh well, stay cool.

LOL, that certainly clears up what you meant <SHUDDERS>. I hope that colorful description came out of a nightmare and not a personal recollection:grinjoint:.

But... That's what pops in your mind when you get a whiff of Floralicious Plus? I didn't think it was that bad. So I wandered out, opened it, and took a whiff. Hmm. Had to take a couple more to nail it down. To me it smells like ink spilled on an old leather belt with a faint trace of... compost? Not decomposition but... earthy but not earthy. <SHRUGS> Best I could do and every time I open it I am afraid I'll spill it so I put it back in the garden shed.

Just didn't seem that foul - or that strong to me. If you really want to flash-burn your sinuses so bad that they look worse than those of a hyperactive car salesman in a leisure suit at a discotheque in the '70s, pick up a bottle of Rich Earth 100% natural 12% Humic Acid Liquid Plant Booster and Soil Conditioner and take a big whiff. I recently made a comment about red fox urine in another thread because its smell is a little bit offensive. But I'll tell you the truth, if I got some of this stuff on my hands and realized that there was no water (, blood, used motor oil, hydrochloric acid, or alien goop) to wash it off with but there was a big bottle of red fox urine... Well that bottle would be empty pretty soon because I'd use it all - and fail miserably - trying to remove the stink of this stuff. I'd say that it smells like 25 gallons of cat piss in a quart bottle but that's just what seems to come at you through the plastic bottle, lol, and is probably from the double-shot of ammonium hydroxide in it. The rest of the smell... Well, it's not so much as a smell as half a brick in a sock swung full-tilt into your face:grinjoint:. The ingredients list reads like a full-text version of the periodic table of elements and frankly I'm afraid to use it. I was going to put some in the garden soil this year because the Rich Earth products come highly recommended, but I think the suggested rate of application of this stuff (8 ounces per 1000 square feet or a gallon per acre) is a little too strong. I'm thinking... Maybe half an eyedropper dropped into a paint can with the lid sealed on it and then buried way out in the corner... of my neighbor's yard.

It's kind of nasty. The whiff I was dumb enough to take of it when I got it and wondered what it smelled like was worse than when I need to use the lab at one of the local wastewater treatment plants (affectionately known as the shit factory) and have to wander all around the plant looking for my buddy to get the key to the lab (I think he sees me coming and hides so I'll have to go on a tour each time;)). And that's not exactly pleasant.

Y'all really think that Floralicious Plus smells bad? I honestly thought your comment about it being "double ass" was about its price. You know, because by weight it probably costs more than renting a couple of strippers for the evening.

Oh well, stay cool.

all jokng aside it doesnt smell that bad. Ive tried alot of nutes and that was just the worst so far....I know there are worse and your description is on point.
I may have exagerated just a lil bit but we all know im an asshole like that.
Talk bout price...H&G root excell....is more than than a high end call girl...by weight fer sure....

I may have exagerated just a lil bit but we all know im an asshole like that.

Yeah but if you weren't, you might be boring students to sleep while teaching English Lit instead of entertaining us while teaching how to grow most excellent cannabis.:thumb:

Never had occasion to try H&G. The campy name threw me off a bit I admit but I've heard that many people like the brand. Never had occasion to rent a call-girl - high-end or otherwise - although I may or may not have dated one.

If I were to use H&G I would be adding some bloom kickers. Im keeping the PPM conservative across the board. my numbers will give excellent results...can you push them some more? sure....use at your discretion. I run a lil hotter on some strains.

Why did they (H&G) have to get all crazy on the name ... Roots Excelurator???? i mean.. its probably great and all but I can't help but chuckle every time I read that name. What? Accelerator is not cool enough? Anyway, as long as it works, call it shit on a shingle if you like. I guess its all the same.

OH yeah!.. good thread!

pit, just to be sure. whats your pen reading for the EC at those readings? thanks.

to be honest I use PPM. I only recently started using EC....the PPM's are in the 1st post...do a hanna conversion to EC.

Pitt- are you using additives the first 2 weeks of bloom? was curious cause the ppm's are so low. Thanks
week 1 is a transistion/
week 2 is 900...thats not low

Ive given real world numbers that dont waste nutes and still hit the sweet spot of a good yield.

If I were to use H&G I would be adding some bloom kickers. Im keeping the PPM conservative across the board. my numbers will give excellent results...can you push them some more? sure....use at your discretion. I run a lil hotter on some strains.

So you think I should hold out on liquid koolbloom to later in flowering? I was planning on trying koolbloom dry for the last couple of weeks. You ever tried that? So many brands,products out there might even try lucus's formula next time to relieve my self from a lot of these supplements I add and see if they even make a difference.

week 1 is a transistion/
week 2 is 900...thats not low

Ive given real world numbers that dont waste nutes and still hit the sweet spot of a good yield.

Yea I have been going off of ghs chart and use less than half there recomended dosage and still have a way high ppms.
I am adding novabloom, calmg,diamond nectar,kool bloom, florablend and floracious plus and subculture B.

Hey PitViper! I am about to start up the EB system that's tomorrow! Saturday if the clones come through for me, I wanted to ask a question? I have the 55 gal res tank half full for testing for leaks all that passed fine, would it be better to empty the tank and put fresh water in before the nute go in, and does it matter or what is your opinion! fill the tank to 55 gal then mix nutes! or only half, 1/2 would be 27 gal would that be good enough for 6 buckets with clones.

I did post a picture as asked on my thread, of the system have a look if you have time Bro.

Thanks
Doc Who

I would never run my nutrients with such high level of salt(ppm) in a indoor grow, at risk of lock up and deficiency down the road plus you will kill off any living and all micros.You may as well bye cheap Miracle Gro(bad stuff).Just my 2 cent of hydro-ing for 15 years and master gardening for 40 years,doesnt mean I know all, I dont, I learn everyday, just seems to be extremely high, all I can say is flush and flush at those levels.
Peace.

what if his 1800 ppm is like my 1280 ppm. the ec's might be the same at 2.6, but ppm's would be diff. on the meters because they're calibrated differently.

I would never run my nutrients with such high level of salt(ppm) in a indoor grow, at risk of lock up and deficiency down the road plus you will kill off any living and all micros.You may as well bye cheap Miracle Gro(bad stuff).Just my 2 cent of hydro-ing for 15 years and master gardening for 40 years,doesnt mean I know all, I dont, I learn everyday, just seems to be extremely high, all I can say is flush and flush at those levels.
Peace.

maybe you never ran high PPM numbers in your 15 years of hydro.
I do flush weekly.....to eliminate the salts. I never lock out unless my PH is out of spec. I am def not a "pro" but ive run thru 300 plus plants in under 2 years. never killed a plant.
that being said...I have SEVERAL YEARS to learn...just my 2 cents

So you think I should hold out on liquid koolbloom to later in flowering? I was planning on trying koolbloom dry for the last couple of weeks. You ever tried that? So many brands,products out there might even try lucus's formula next time to relieve my self from a lot of these supplements I add and see if they even make a difference.

never tried Koolbloom....sorry

Hey PitViper! I am about to start up the EB system that's tomorrow! Saturday if the clones come through for me, I wanted to ask a question? I have the 55 gal res tank half full for testing for leaks all that passed fine, would it be better to empty the tank and put fresh water in before the nute go in, and does it matter or what is your opinion! fill the tank to 55 gal then mix nutes! or only half, 1/2 would be 27 gal would that be good enough for 6 buckets with clones.

I did post a picture as asked on my thread, of the system have a look if you have time Bro.

Thanks
Doc Who

if your only using 6 pots then cut the level to 25 gals..
if you have 55 in there for leak detection then remove aprox 1/2 and add the nutes. dont get crazy with exact numbers....round up or down

Back
Top Bottom