PitVipers nutrient recomendations

if your only using 6 pots then cut the level to 25 gals..
if you have 55 in there for leak detection then remove aprox 1/2 and add the nutes. dont get crazy with exact numbers....round up or down

What do you think of Botanicare, I have the NCS17 nutrient system, I was going to use flore nova but I found the stuff is to thick, I was talking to a pro grower the other day he said he didn't like flora nova for that reason, that the stuff is thick and when it set's for a while then you go to use it you can't be sure the stuff is completely mixed evenly after shaking it up!

He said the nutrients will bond together and become like plaster between Res changes 7 to 10 days and will harm your plants because of that inbalance created in the nutrient solution, something like it doesn't completely break up and desolve back in and evenly with the rest of the nutrient solution and as you go along it becomes less consistent when mixing creating problems, this I did notice on my last grow where it seemed I couldn't figure out what was going wrong and I had wondered if the way the Flore got so thick had something to do with it.

What's your thought on this and botanicacer I here good things about it, but haven't used it before and plan to give it a try.

I got the botanicare nutrient system free when purchasing a bunch of stuff yesterday at my local hydro shop.

What do you think of Botanicare, I have the NCS17 nutrient system, I was going to use flore nova but I found the stuff is to thick, I was talking to a pro grower the other day he said he didn't like flora nova for that reason, that the stuff is thick and when it set's for a while then you go to use it you can't be sure the stuff is completely mixed evenly after shaking it up!

He said the nutrients will bond together and become like plaster between Res changes 7 to 10 days and will harm your plants because of that inbalance created in the nutrient solution, something like it doesn't completely break up and desolve back in and evenly with the rest of the nutrient solution and as you go along it becomes less consistent when mixing creating problems, this I did notice on my last grow where it seemed I couldn't figure out what was going wrong and I had wondered if the way the Flore got so thick had something to do with it.

What's your thought on this and botanicacer I here good things about it, but haven't used it before and plan to give it a try.

I got the botanicare nutrient system free when purchasing a bunch of stuff yesterday at my local hydro shop.
tell him to stick to what he knows. Ive used Floranova in the Ebb several times. yes its thick..yes its yucky...like poopoo. It does not however do the things he states. believe who you want...I have it..I use it..I tweak it..I play with it and I produce with it. what you can do it cut the stuff by 50% warm water....shake the shit out of it....it wont recake...just adjust your dosage accordingly. I love it cause it kicks ass in soil as well as hydro. I like to keep my chemicals standardized if possible.
or try Botanicare,Advanced,GH....House&Garden...they all work brother. I like Floranova best

tell him to stick to what he knows. Ive used Floranova in the Ebb several times. yes its thick..yes its yucky...like poopoo. It does not however do the things he states. believe who you want...I have it..I use it..I tweak it..I play with it and I produce with it. what you can do it cut the stuff by 50% warm water....shake the shit out of it....it wont recake...just adjust your dosage accordingly. I love it cause it kicks ass in soil as well as hydro. I like to keep my chemicals standardized if possible.
or try Botanicare,Advanced,GH....House&Garden...they all work brother. I like Floranova best

I meant to say give it try maybe, that's why I ask questions to more than one person about such thing's, in my head I see I can save money but in my knowledge I have had little to no problem with flora nova, is there a big dif between flora nova and the other GH flora product the more clear but colored stuff?

I meant to say give it try maybe, that's why I ask questions to more than one person about such thing's, in my head I see I can save money but in my knowledge I have had little to no problem with flora nova, is there a big dif between flora nova and the other GH flora product the more clear but colored stuff?

There's a big difference between the two in appearance and texture. I'm hoping there's also a big difference in production...

As for the Flora Nova not being, como se dice... "homogenous", it's certainly not that. I don't mind playing with it though, because I think I'm helping the cause as far as the girls are concerned. I pour it into a mixing bowl and stir it up well, crushing up any little rocks that remain (so far, there's always been a couple at least), and measure it into the beaker (not trying the syringe on it anymore). Takes a couple of minutes every res change, but that's not much work as I see it.

There's a big difference between the two in appearance and texture. I'm hoping there's also a big difference in production...

As for the Flora Nova not being, como se dice... "homogenous", it's certainly not that. I don't mind playing with it though, because I think I'm helping the cause as far as the girls are concerned. I pour it into a mixing bowl and stir it up well, crushing up any little rocks that remain (so far, there's always been a couple at least), and measure it into the beaker (not trying the syringe on it anymore). Takes a couple of minutes every res change, but that's not much work as I see it.

I hear you on that bro! I had great control with flora nova on my other grows Res tanks, when mix to my water (7.4) here it would balance out right around 6.00 everytime after mixed an the added plus is the calculater on their website that helps remove the guessing and gives you a basic mixing chart to start with to a more advanced mix, I'm convinced in sticking with GH after all why fix something not boken right, I will use the botanicare on my outdoor plants for now and see the results on them and as a back up.

I hear you on that bro! I had great control with flora nova on my other grows Res tanks, when mix to my water (7.4) here it would balance out right around 6.00 everytime after mixed an the added plus is the calculater on their website that helps remove the guessing and gives you a basic mixing chart to start with to a more advanced mix, I'm convinced in sticking with GH after all why fix something not boken right, I will use the botanicare on my outdoor plants for now and see the results on them and as a back up.

FWIW, I'm getting even better stability with pH using Flora Nova. It doesn't vary much at all unless I want it to.

what if his 1800 ppm is like my 1280 ppm. the ec's might be the same at 2.6, but ppm's would be diff. on the meters because they're calibrated differently.

From what I read the standard for growers is atc buffer at 1.9 conv at 0.7 for 1500 ppm at 7.01 ph cal. Two different growers with two diffrent meters at the same cal should read the same. The ppm chart from what I understand is just nutes in distilled water. You will add the ppm from tap or well or any water that's not purifed. Please correct me if I am wrong.

From what I read the standard for growers is atc buffer at 1.9 conv at 0.7 for 1500 ppm at 7.01 ph cal. Two different growers with two diffrent meters at the same cal should read the same. The ppm chart from what I understand is just nutes in distilled water. You will add the ppm from tap or well or any water that's not purifed. Please correct me if I am wrong.

close eunf.
Im not going thru a whole explanation of PPM and EC or TDS...did it in detail way back...Ill look for it it but seriously....if you want real numbers...use EC

close eunf.
Im not going thru a whole explanation of PPM and EC or TDS...did it in detail way back...Ill look for it it but seriously....if you want real numbers...use EC

Ya the places I get my strains from use EC. It makes it simple if every one is speaking in the same language. Kinda reminds me of SAE or Metric.

Hey Pit, I have followed your nutrient and res change recomendations and my plants are extemely happy. I grow hydro and your advice is easy to follow and I am able to duplicate what you do without spending the time and money you spent to find this out. I am a new grower and I am extemely happy I found this site and your advice!!!! Thanks!!

Hey Pit, I have followed your nutrient and res change recomendations and my plants are extemely happy. I grow hydro and your advice is easy to follow and I am able to duplicate what you do without spending the time and money you spent to find this out. I am a new grower and I am extemely happy I found this site and your advice!!!! Thanks!!
Welcome to 420!!
thats why I do this...you will not find a glossed over thread here...You will share in our success and crashes....thats something we try to bring to the table.
If you need anything just ask

Welcome to 420!!
thats why I do this...you will not find a glossed over thread here...You will share in our success and crashes....thats something we try to bring to the table.
If you need anything just ask

Pit, How long do you wait after you put your nutes in to get your PPM/EC readings? I am still trying to pinpoint a correct time to get stabilized readings.

If Im doing a res change Ill throw all my stuff in and let it cycle 3-4 times...then recheck
when I throw my water and nutes in I usually end up at 6.0 w/o adjusting...after cycling it may go up to 6.2-6.4//Ill drop the res to 5.5 and dont touch it till the end of the week.

exactly my meter is @.50 for hanna, im not sure what pits conv is but i think milwaukee comes set @.68, so where does that leave us back to square one, when i had first asked him what the ec was @ his 1800ppm mark,so i could see if i was alright with my reading. i know that ec is the best way to get your nutrient readings. thats why i had asked for his ec @ the ppm mark. :rollit:

exactly my meter is @.50 for hanna, im not sure what pits conv is but i think milwaukee comes set @.68, so where does that leave us back to square one, when i had first asked him what the ec was @ his 1800ppm mark,so i could see if i was alright with my reading. i know that ec is the best way to get your nutrient readings. thats why i had asked for his ec @ the ppm mark. :rollit:

ec would be 2.6

I want to try molasses but dont know how much to use, I have hydro and soil plants in bloom. Does a tsp. per gallon sound right? Is it the same amount in both? What stage in bloom do you use it? I bought some "Grandma`s" all natural, unsulphured molasses, is this ok to use?

Sounds good. Is it comparable to blackstrap molasses?

Back
Top Bottom