Planning Future grow of Autos advice please! J.J

JokerJohn

Hey guys First of all thanks for visiting.

So ill get right into it Im thinking of purchasing some Auto flowers for a future indoor grow coming up in a few months after my current i have around 10 weeks spare time before going on holiday . Ive looked into a few strains and am still open to ideas but have pretty much decided on ordering - 20x Royal Queen Royal Creamatic Autoflowering Feminised Seeds ,

Strain info

Type Sativa: 10% Indica: 60% Ruderalis: 30%
Yield: 80-110 grams
Harvest month: 8-9 weeks after sprouting
Height: 70-100 cm
Genetics: Cream Caramel x Ruderalis
Cannabinoid content: Extremely high
Flowering time: Autoflowering

With that sorted i have done my research and it seems from other peoples. i have come to the conclusion to grow the autos in soil 11 litre pots from sprout as transplanting aparently slows them down too much to recover.

Now tent space i have is a Secret Jarden DS150 measurements are 1.5m x 1x5m and 2m in height.
what ive realized i can turn my tent sideways and make it a 2m x 1.5m in length and width and then it becomes 1.5m in height.

so now we have our space for 16 or 19 pots

The lights At the moment

170w Mh , 400w HPS - adjusta wings reflector

Now the main answers im looking for are

1. im about to buy either a 600w hps light or another 400w hps but since ive never grown autos or seen and got much time to research alot of grow journals i need some advice on what kind of wattage im gona be needing for this grow to pull off atleast 30+ each plant.

2. Is 1kw enough for 15-20 plants

in the overview im really just looking on and ( helpful ) advice any of you guys could give the please of sharing

sincerly

JJ

Secret Jardin DS tents can support a total hanging weight of 30lbs / 15kg when stood the correct way !

You may risk bending your tent bars if using the tent on its side...

A tent that size would normally use a 1000w hps in a good size reflector or 2 x 600 hps.

If we go back to old school hippy methods you want 50w per square foot average or 65w optimal growth for hps.

Divide bulb wattage by tent square foot area = average wattage per square foot.

Then ya need a nice big reflector to get a suitable size light foot print down over the area which i'm sure the adusta wing is more than suited for :thumb:

Sounds like you have no time to waste I hope the seeds are on a plane now! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thanks for the quick replies guys!

Buckshot! ive got a while still ;) about to flip to 12/12 in a week or 2 on my current grow so still got a good 3 1/2 months before i must have them in the ground ;) just like to get everything ready to make some awesome bud! and cure it while im away on holiday so i can come back to a holiday :DD

Fuzzy! wow great info thanks alot :) im planing on doing a drawing today after i make some calculations but im pretty sure i can find a nice cheap 400w set up . then ill invest in probly another adjusta so ill be able to run two 400w hps on the sides in a 170 mh somewhere in between them.. then all thats left is to figure out how much plants i can fit under there to get nice coverage.

about the weight of lights i think ill be able to pick up a few spair tent poles from my local grow store i believe they have them there individually sold. so that should cut any worrys to strength. have you guys growing with autos before? do you have any strains you prefer as good yeilders and within the time frame to finish to recomend?

thanks again guys :D

:peace:

Mmm well i've never grown autos before as back in the day autos where a tad bit unstable but with recent genetic crossing have come a long way & gaining popularity amongest growers but their not known for thier yields tho...

I'm a bit old school & still prefer regular seeds.

Indica dominate strains are of a short flowering nature around 7 to 9 weeks & a few being 6 to 8 weeks which are good yielders.

You will also need to include veg time also before flowering commence's but its all about how you set it all up & being productive.

Ultimately you can veg for 2 months & flower for another 2 months... thats 3 harvests a year.

Or veg for 1 month & flower for 2 months... thats 4 harvests a year.

Using a perpetual grow style you can achieve 6 harvests a year of an 8 week/2 month flowering strain... But require a seperate veg tent for vegging whilst the others are in flowering... rince 'n' repeat.

A 6 week flowering strain hard to come by, but some indicas do exist & if grown in optimal conditions may finsh as early as 6 weeks... that would be 8 harvests a year :thumb:

I pity the fool who can not manger their time effectively...

I'm sure something could be worked out if you want to turn your tent over. but if you have it 150cm tall minus 70-100cm for the plant that leaves you with 50-70 cm for light and medium. I like planning for the best I don't think 50 cm is enough room for HPS and soil, other lights/soil maybe?

Mmm well i've never grown autos before as back in the day autos where a tad bit unstable but with recent genetic crossing have come a long way & gaining popularity amongest growers but their not known for thier yields tho...

I'm a bit old school & still prefer regular seeds.

Indica dominate strains are of a short flowering nature around 7 to 9 weeks & a few being 6 to 8 weeks which are good yielders.

You will also need to include veg time also before flowering commence's but its all about how you set it all up & being productive.

Ultimately you can veg for 2 months & flower for another 2 months... thats 3 harvests a year.

Or veg for 1 month & flower for 2 months... thats 4 harvests a year.

Using a perpetual grow style you can achieve 6 harvests a year of an 8 week/2 month flowering strain... But require a seperate veg tent for vegging whilst the others are in flowering... rince 'n' repeat.

A 6 week flowering strain hard to come by, but some indicas do exist & if grown in optimal conditions may finsh as early as 6 weeks... that would be 8 harvests a year :thumb:

I pity the fool who can not manger their time effectively...

wow great info! again. yeah im not sure about going auto as well because ive heard VERY mixed reviews but youll never know for sure unless you do it yourself ;) if all goes to plan and i end up ordering some autos i hope i can count you in for the ride ;)

Yeah i thought about that also im thinking if it comes down to height in the end and they do break the height limit ill invest in some cool tubes and be able to hang the lights direct from the ceiling then if that doesn't work ill just have flip the tent back up and jam as much as i can and chop up the rest for brownies :D

Shoot for the stars so if you fall you land on the clouds ;)

thanks buddy

Hey Man Great Thread Im Gonna Do A Similar Amount Of Autos For My Next Grow So Im Well In Tune :)

Thanks psilocypad , glad to have you watching bud!.
so i just ordered some auto flower seeds gona have a small trial run with a led light, in a closet, while my tents full.

Hey Man whats the wattage on your led?
i was thinking of going with one but they are just so expensive.
Do your results justify the amount you paid for your led?

Peace,Love & good green

Back
Top Bottom