Plant droopy past couple days

Terpygenetics

I was wondering reasons my plants are droopy. It’s not a watering problem since it’s been going on through a couple dry cycles. The only other thing I can think is it’s rootbound. 1 gallon of fox farms happy frog and perelite. Light is Mars hydro Tsw 2000 at 50% at 20” climate 60-65% R.H and 75-80 degrees F oscillating fan and in-line fan on most of the day.
58775E87-00F7-4E6E-8CF2-3DC3760B4FF8.jpeg
E49D0CD6-E284-4B27-9367-DC06F3EA67A6.jpeg

Those plants can handle more then 50% light. More like 85% - 90%. Since you don't think it's overwatering I'd try that.
There's no sign of rootbound plants. Still wouldn't hurt to up-pot at this stage. I'd use Ocean Forest when you up-pot.
Happy Frog is a good seed starter; but Ocean Forest for the grow. Never the less, I see some puffiness in the leaves that say slightly overwatered; but not real bad.

I was wondering reasons my plants are droopy. It’s not a watering problem since it’s been going on through a couple dry cycles. The only other thing I can think is it’s rootbound. 1 gallon of fox farms happy frog and perelite. Light is Mars hydro Tsw 2000 at 50% at 20” climate 60-65% R.H and 75-80 degrees F oscillating fan and in-line fan on most of the day.
58775E87-00F7-4E6E-8CF2-3DC3760B4FF8.jpeg
E49D0CD6-E284-4B27-9367-DC06F3EA67A6.jpeg
Look's like your lights could be closer .plants love intense light just not the heat .this will keep your nodes tight together making stronger higher yielding plants

Thats cool how long u been growing? I have years of experience just new to helping people's this is the first year doing it legal tho
I grew my first plant in the family garden when I was 14. When I turned 28 I took over the family garden and started growing mostly on my own, with the family's help. Now I am 43, so I figure about 29 years. For the last 12 of it I have been documenting my grows in online forums. I also own my own consulting business where I advise subscribers on how to build grow rooms and maintain them and eventually that will become my full time job.

I grew my first plant in the family garden when I was 14. When I turned 28 I took over the family garden and started growing mostly on my own, with the family's help. Now I am 43, so I figure about 29 years. For the last 12 of it I have been documenting my grows in online forums. I also own my own consulting business where I advise subscribers on how to build grow rooms and maintain them and eventually that will become my full time job.
Omg

im 30 i started helping my dad when i was four but really got interested when i was 15 and have been learning since i hope it works out for u seems like u have a true passion keep growing

Im waiting like 3 days until the pot is light.
Light? Light as a feather? So light that you can't feel any water weight in there at all, or just lighter than it was at full watering? It is very important to let them dry out to the very bottom every time while you are in veg, or you will drown your lower roots and cause this droopiness. At first it will take 4 or 5 days for the plant to be able to drain all the water, and then over time the roots will get stronger and she will be able to do it in one day. If you are watering around every 3 days, it is you who decided that schedule, not the plants... and you probably have been watering too early for some time now. A healthy plant in veg is constantly growing its roots, and the time between waterings should diminish a little with each wet/dry cycle until it can drain all the water in 24-36 hours and finally it is time to uppot and start this process over again.

The classic symptom of this over watering by watering too often is a perky plant for the first day or so after the watering as the water passes through the upper root region and the only active roots, and then after that, a constant droopiness as the plant tries to do what it can to use the water sitting at the bottom with the lower roots that have been under water for so very long and now are being protected as best as can be by the plants who are hoping that the flood waters go away very soon.

When you do your lift test, if your human senses can feel ANY water weight in there at all, it is NOT time to water. It is better to let your plants get to the wilting (not drooping) stage before giving water than it is to over water as you have been doing.

It’s not watering I had to water after I took this picture cuz the pots were so light.
Sorry, but the fact that you water consistently about every three days reveals that you are an overwaterer. That little bit of weight that you are forgiving and allowing to be there as you are watering again is what the problem is. That water has been in the very bottom third of the container for some time and clearly your lower roots are damaged to the point that the plant can't generate enough water pressure in the trunk so as to be able to stand up and point its leaves toward the light, or praying, as people call it. If you would just let the roots dry out all the way to the bottom one time, you will see a dramatic lift to the leaves as the lower roots finally get some oxygen and go back into full production.

Back
Top Bottom