Plant looking very sad

Hi Emilya

The only reason for the 1/2 dose is because I wasn't really too sure it was a deficiency.
I've not watered them in too heavily as I have ordered some recharge, I think I will give this with a full dose of nutes in a couple of days.
Hopefully the fresh soil will have some goodness for them in the meantime.
Any time you see yellowing starting from the bottom leaves and moving slowly up the trunk, you can be sure that it is indicating a problem in getting its macro nutrients, which to me says they just are not getting enough. That was the easy part of the diagnosis, but the question after seeing that dramatic yellowing was why was it happening?... what was being done incorrectly?

Contradictions do not exist. Whenever you think you are facing a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. ---Ayn Rand

i know you said biobizz nutes....

can you give a pic or a list of everything you are currently using in that line and the amounts you are mixing ?

i know it's some kind of "organic" liquid, but i believe it's a three part or more, and you mix somewhat similar to a liquid salt based nute line.

i know you said biobizz nutes....

can you give a pic or a list of everything you are currently using in that line and the amounts you are mixing ?

i know it's some kind of "organic" liquid, but i believe it's a three part or more, and you mix somewhat similar to a liquid salt based nute line.
I'm using
Root juice 2ml/ltd for first 3 weeks.
Grow 1ml/ltd from week 2 to now.
I've fed every time I've watered which works out about twice a week.
I've also got Cal mag and the Biobizz bloom for flower.

I'm using
Root juice 2ml/ltd for first 3 weeks.
Grow 1ml/ltd from week 2 to now.
I've fed every time I've watered which works out about twice a week.
I've also got Cal mag and the Biobizz bloom for flower.

i think you are missing a couple parts. plants are starving for nutes you don't have in the mix.
oh yeah...

google biobizz feeding chart. it's a typical 3 part, with up to 5 different nutes you should be feeding in different amounts at the same time. let me guess... recommended by the hydro shop guy ?

I moved my plants to my grow tent yesterday and one of them doesn't look too good at all.
The pots were very dry when I moved them so I'm hoping it just needs a soaking.
Does anyone see anything I'm missing? The leaves have gone dry and crispy and yellowed on some. IMG_20191109_124853.jpgIMG_20191109_124838.jpg
From what im seeing its uv burn from the led im experiencing same issue when its to close to canopy.

Update today.
I watered the plants 3 days ago with 1/2 nutes and brought pH down to 6.3.
I've been away for a couple of days and when I returned today it looks like my issues have worsened.
I have transplanted them to the 5 gal pots just incase they were getting pot bound, when TransPlanting the soil was dry through and the roots look good to me.
I've watered them into the new pots with pH 6.2 I've given them a 1/2 dose of calmag.

The more I look I think its a deficiency of some sort, not sure what to do now.
Maybe I've been to careful feeding?

It only seems to be effecting 2 of my 3 plants.
Now that looks like a deficiency.With all that light your giving them don't go and starve them let them eat you will not burn them from overfeeding if you feed right under strong light but you will kill them if you do not feed enough or the lights to close.

i think you are missing a couple parts. plants are starving for nutes you don't have in the mix.
oh yeah...

google biobizz feeding chart. it's a typical 3 part, with up to 5 different nutes you should be feeding in different amounts at the same time. let me guess... recommended by the hydro shop guy ?
Yes totally right, recommend by my local shop.
I will feed the top roots again today with a little more calmag and some more of the grow and see what happens over the next few days.
If I need to I can get to the shop and invest in the rest of the Biobizz range.

Now that looks like a deficiency.With all that light your giving them don't go and starve them let them eat you will not burn them from overfeeding if you feed right under strong light but you will kill them if you do not feed enough or the lights to close.

I did think that could be a possibility but I moved my lights to 20" and it's worsened since.
I'm only running 200w of led at the moment so I don't think it's the lights.

With the advice I've been given and looking back I think its got to be a combination of too little nutes and feeding them at the higher end of the pH which has probably locked out some of the elements in the nutes.

The plants grew pretty quckly for the first couple of weeks and I've not upped my feeding to suit.

read through the feeding chart biobizz has online, and look at the other products in the line.
looks pretty involved.

i don't know what the cost is to use on those, but i'm thinking the grow shop dude got you into one of those ever expanding lines that will put his kids through college. go check out the mega crop thread. simplify your life and grow easy and happy.

Keep in mind too that the grow shop dude really makes his money when you give up on soil and start instead investing in all of his cool hydro equipment. He has no incentive to make your soil grow go well, and if he can do something sneaky like not sell you a vital part of a product line, telling you it is not necessary... how would you know? He knows you will be back, and eventually he is going to get that hydro money out of your pocket.

Keep in mind too that the grow shop dude really makes his money when you give up on soil and start instead investing in all of his cool hydro equipment. He has no incentive to make your soil grow go well, and if he can do something sneaky like not sell you a vital part of a product line, telling you it is not necessary... how would you know? He knows you will be back, and eventually he is going to get that hydro money out of your pocket.

Not with me he won't as I've got the helpful advice for you guys on here.
Soil is the way I want to grow.

I'm only growing as I'm sick of buying over priced poor quality weed.
If I can get a couple of ounces of good weed from my grows I'll be happy.
I think already I'm putting some of the pieces together and I'm sure my next grow will be much more successful.

Not with me he won't as I've got the helpful advice for you guys on here.
Soil is the way I want to grow.

I'm only growing as I'm sick of buying over priced poor quality weed.
If I can get a couple of ounces of good weed from my grows I'll be happy.
I think already I'm putting some of the pieces together and I'm sure my next grow will be much more successful.

get some MC stat. those plants are looking for stuff you haven't got to give right now.
feeding more of the same differently isn't going to cut it and you will lose those plants.

buddy wants you backed in to a corner where you need to buy expensive junk just to keep them alive.
you are in that corner right now.

if you were in dwc they would already be dead. the only thing saving you right now is the tiny amount of residual nutes in that soil mix, and it is fading fast.

get some MC stat. those plants are looking for stuff you haven't got to give right now.
feeding more of the same differently isn't going to cut it and you will lose those plants.

buddy wants you backed in to a corner where you need to buy expensive junk just to keep them alive.
you are in that corner right now.

if you were in dwc they would already be dead. the only thing saving you right now is the tiny amount of residual nutes in that soil mix, and it is fading fast.
As far as I can see I can't get MC in the UK.
Amazon do have it but only in 9.9kg sacks and it's quoted at 10 days delivery.

I have had some recharge delivered today so with the Cal mag and feeding my Biobizz at upped dosage I will just have to wait and see what happens.

I have been reading up on MC and it almost sounds too good to be true. Nice and easy to use.
I will see if I can find some in the uk.

As far as I can see I can't get MC in the UK.
Amazon do have it but only in 9.9kg sacks and it's quoted at 10 days delivery.

I have had some recharge delivered today so with the Cal mag and feeding my Biobizz at upped dosage I will just have to wait and see what happens.

I have been reading up on MC and it almost sounds too good to be true. Nice and easy to use.
I will see if I can find some in the uk.

ah crap. did not take that in to account.

i would try get anything in a full nute line for the time being. a sampler would get you through to where you could score a more complete set.

Well the ladies are doing much better. Plenty of new growth.
Screenshot_20191121_075230_wansview.p2pwificam.client.jpg

They will be ready for their first full watering since transplanting in the next 24hrs.

I'm still seeing some slight deficiency in some of the new growth.
I'm pretty sure it's the Cal mag that's helped.
Would it hurt to go up the 1.5ml per litre?
Recommend on the bottle is 1ml per litre.

Back
Top Bottom