Plants are in rough shape

I owe it to you em. Now that these autos are consuming feed/water faster ( and since I just gave them bloom and feed a few days ago) would you recommend the cal mag and water and get them back on a schedual ? Feed water feed water? I was going to ask what type of schedule do you have in your garden? Do you water your girls till run off? The sensitivity these plants have amaze me. Thanks for the love girl <3 :)
I grow differently than you do, so some of this doesnt apply. In my living soil organic garden I do not use traditional nutes and when I feed, I am not feeding the plants, I am feeding the microlife in the soil, who in turn feed the plants.
As far as watering, whether it is just water or one of my compost teas, I do always water slowly to runoff and I do always wait for the plants to be almost to the point of wilting before they get water again, at least while still in veg. In flower the watering rules change a bit, and then it is time to use those roots you developed to feed the plant as much as it can take.
Like you are seeing in your garden, at times my plants all end up on different schedules, but I do try to slightly wait a bit longer on one or water another one a bit early, just to help them all get in sync, and this last time I was able to use the final transplant to get them all within one day of each other.
As far as your situation goes, I would continue to give calmag on every watering until at least the last 2 weeks of flower. I would continue watering on a feed/water/feed/water schedule so as to take advantage of the soil's ability to hold your nutes that werent used on the first pass, and then when you come along with plain water the next time, it gives those leftover nutes a second chance at uptaking into the plant.
Especially since you have gotten a slow start on these, now that they are starting to thrive I would go with the full recommended nutes now, not paying any attention to the popular advice that autos are light feeders... feed them and see just how fast you can get them to grow at this point, and don't back off unless the plants indicate that you are giving too much.

Sounds like a plan em! I will be upping the nutes for these autos and I can tell these photos will come around sooner or later. I’m going to try to wrap my head around the true living organics in soil. :)

I feel the need to post today, because I believe Im finally figuring out the dry/wet cycle. After struggling for the last month from over watering, transplanting way to soon and trying to get a feeding schedule down. Well today was the day these girls made me smile. I did a water/cal mag day for four of my girls including one of my autos (sour diesel). I’ve been light on the nutes and have realized a lot of cal mag problems happening. Well I gave it to them! Full amount of cal mag with a slight run off. I watered the way @Emilya has taught so many of us new growers to do. The one photo I thought I was going to lose I did the fire hose dump on her (sides only) and gave half of what I usually use. Which resulted in a slight run off out the bottom. This watering occurred in the morning when my sunrise schedule on my solar system leds was coming to a end. Feeling frustrated on how this first grow was unfolding (being hard on myself for the last month or so) I had some running around to do. When I got back home I went to peak in on the girls and I was surprised ! My photos have seem to have a less droop to them and appeared like their trying to lift their leaves! As I was smirking in amazement I caught a glimpse of my sour diesel, and looked like she was reaching for the sky! I owe a huge thank you to the folks that are continuously helping new growers in their own journey to success. Em if it wasn’t for you I would have thrown in the towel two weeks ago. Everyone who has commented and subbed in, thank you. I’m no where near the end, but I’m glad I have you folks in my corner ! Cheers :)

Sour Diesel (dinafem)

Attachments

• 9D5EC528-124C-4D9F-A12D-21413BB97374.jpeg
    9D5EC528-124C-4D9F-A12D-21413BB97374.jpeg
    625.3 KB · Views: 165
  • 606292AC-2904-4E6D-AC62-7AFD7848849B.jpeg
    606292AC-2904-4E6D-AC62-7AFD7848849B.jpeg
    476.9 KB · Views: 162
Hello Em and friends. It’s been about a week since I have updated you on my poor crown royales, and autos that have been thew the ringer. My photos are starting to bounce back, (they definitely looked worse than what they look like as of now) over watering and cal mag issues having been the main problems but it’s a learning curve ! The new growth looks way better on the photos. They still have a up hill battle but I think they will make it. Next watering I’m going to double up on the cal mag and see what the leaves tell me. I don’t see no tip burn from nutrients so far. For the autos well they’re hungry and starting to stink. :) cheers guys here’s some pictures.

Attachments

• 4C0A2CA1-12F8-41A3-B98F-5F4AFBAA1A4C.jpeg
    4C0A2CA1-12F8-41A3-B98F-5F4AFBAA1A4C.jpeg
    794.6 KB · Views: 156
  • 9A1B56CC-F3FE-4B13-BB84-E179C516B525.jpeg
    9A1B56CC-F3FE-4B13-BB84-E179C516B525.jpeg
    510.6 KB · Views: 172
  • 6BEFCBEA-4E69-4FD2-A6F9-3DF594D6ED65.jpeg
    6BEFCBEA-4E69-4FD2-A6F9-3DF594D6ED65.jpeg
    710.3 KB · Views: 177
  • 7B8377B6-D474-47A7-84CA-307BFD6D60BF.jpeg
    7B8377B6-D474-47A7-84CA-307BFD6D60BF.jpeg
    855.5 KB · Views: 178
  • 38A04D8D-5166-4A7A-B0B9-4A304DD5CB09.jpeg
    38A04D8D-5166-4A7A-B0B9-4A304DD5CB09.jpeg
    723.8 KB · Views: 176
  • 6F0074FB-A52A-427F-AAF0-D0FB5CD1B69C.jpeg
    6F0074FB-A52A-427F-AAF0-D0FB5CD1B69C.jpeg
    676.5 KB · Views: 162
Day 37 veg
3 crown royales (cks)
Soil ffof 60/40 with perlite
I believe this has to do with over watering and a cal mag issue. Any help is appreciated
Always watered with ph-6.3 - 6.5
Gave small amount of veg nuts sensi grow a+b and b-52 and voodoo 2 times at ppm 450 then 650 the second feeding. I let them dry out for 15 days before I lifted the pots and felt like it was time to water 2 of them. The small one still has a while to dry out.
Temp was always 73 - 82
RH around 40-50
5x5 tent
2 solar system 550 leds with controller.
50/50/80 spectrum
4” inline exhaust
4” booster into
1 isolating fan
1 clip fan
I didn’t start giving cal mag till 3 days ago (day 34 and their second feeding). It’s weird because my autos seem to be doing just fine. These photos not so much... one came back and was doing good for 3 days ago at feeding so I topped her. These other two have been stuck like this for 2 weeks. I seen the tips of the fan leaves have started to curl now..
too much water or not enough, how frequently do you water and when's the last time you've watered?

too much water or not enough, how frequently do you water and when's the last time you've watered?
Crowns got a drink 5 days ago and the pots are starting to feel light. I made the mistake of transplanting way too early as well. Which made this whole wet/dry cycle hard to figure out. The bigger crown I think I let dry out a little to long the first time as some of the fan leaves started to wilt on me.

Crowns got a drink 5 days ago and the pots are starting to feel light. I made the mistake of transplanting way too early as well. Which made this whole wet/dry cycle hard to figure out. The bigger crown I think I let dry out a little to long the first time as some of the fan leaves started to wilt on me.
Yeah that's exactly why people transplant at all.. it's harder to control but next time you water don't saturate the whole pot just get enough water to get your roots going.. it can be challenging

Yeah that's exactly why people transplant at all.. it's harder to control but next time you water don't saturate the whole pot just get enough water to get your roots going.. it can be challenging
Thank you for the information smile. That’s exactly how I’ve been watering around the edges and enough that those roots have to chase it. I haven’t saturated them. It’s a hard game to play, but like I said it’s a learning curve :)

Hello Em and friends. It’s been about a week since I have updated you on my poor crown royales, and autos that have been thew the ringer. My photos are starting to bounce back, (they definitely looked worse than what they look like as of now) over watering and cal mag issues having been the main problems but it’s a learning curve ! The new growth looks way better on the photos. They still have a up hill battle but I think they will make it. Next watering I’m going to double up on the cal mag and see what the leaves tell me. I don’t see no tip burn from nutrients so far. For the autos well they’re hungry and starting to stink. :) cheers guys here’s some pictures.
They are looking a lot better! You have done very well Edna, congratulations!

Hello folks, I have a question. If you look in my previous pictures I posted. In picture 5 (going from left to right) looks like to me I have a nitrogen toxicity problem ? Can anyone maybe chime in and confirm? Or am
I experiencing a different problem ? I have noticed the leave tips clawing and drooping. Along with the coloration it looks like to me the toxicity problem. Any help is greatly appreciated, and would flushing with ph’Ed water fix this ?

Hello folks, I have a question. If you look in my previous pictures I posted. In picture 5 (going from left to right) looks like to me I have a nitrogen toxicity problem ? Can anyone maybe chime in and confirm? Or am
I experiencing a different problem ? I have noticed the leave tips clawing and drooping. Along with the coloration it looks like to me the toxicity problem. Any help is greatly appreciated, and would flushing with ph’Ed water fix this ?
I tend to agree... but only one in the room reacting this way could be a strain that just cant handle it or it could be roots that are in trouble for some reason. A flush does seem appropriate at this point on that one, 3x the volume of the container. Something has it really complaining... any ideas?

Day 37 veg
3 crown royales (cks)
Soil ffof 60/40 with perlite
I believe this has to do with over watering and a cal mag issue. Any help is appreciated
Always watered with ph-6.3 - 6.5
Gave small amount of veg nuts sensi grow a+b and b-52 and voodoo 2 times at ppm 450 then 650 the second feeding. I let them dry out for 15 days before I lifted the pots and felt like it was time to water 2 of them. The small one still has a while to dry out.
Temp was always 73 - 82
RH around 40-50
5x5 tent
2 solar system 550 leds with controller.
50/50/80 spectrum
4” inline exhaust
4” booster into
1 isolating fan
1 clip fan
I didn’t start giving cal mag till 3 days ago (day 34 and their second feeding). It’s weird because my autos seem to be doing just fine. These photos not so much... one came back and was doing good for 3 days ago at feeding so I topped her. These other two have been stuck like this for 2 weeks. I seen the tips of the fan leaves have started to curl now..
What are the temps in ur grow room

I tend to agree... but only one in the room reacting this way could be a strain that just cant handle it or it could be roots that are in trouble for some reason. A flush does seem appropriate at this point on that one, 3x the volume of the container. Something has it really complaining... any ideas?
Hello em :) Out of the three photos I have on the go right now. Two of them are giving me this droopy clawing leaves, along with the discoloured look. And have slow slow growth. I’ve also been wondering maybe I damaged the roots to much when I overwatered ? The last watering I did give them nutes. So next watering I’m wondering do I give them a good flush? Heat is under control. Leds are more than enough away at 28”. The other photo has been topped and the new growth is looking great. Although it’s weird because they all got the same treatment. Hope all is well em :) cheers

Just snapped a couple pictures before the lights go out. First picture is the little one that seems to have more of the discolouration. Second picture is of the bigger one that seems to be trying to come around.

Attachments

• 3DAAAB5F-06E4-486D-AF6C-45632168391A.jpeg
    3DAAAB5F-06E4-486D-AF6C-45632168391A.jpeg
    583.8 KB · Views: 169
  • E63F82BB-C356-4DFA-AA02-CBA7C6CE5BEF.jpeg
    E63F82BB-C356-4DFA-AA02-CBA7C6CE5BEF.jpeg
    507.4 KB · Views: 159
I agree with you about the roots probably being too weak yet to handle full nutes. Go a bit lighter on the problem ones after the flush. You might want to dilute what you give to the rest on the next nute round with another part water before you give it to them.
Exactly what I was thinking. So this will be my first attempt flushing. Straight water ph’ed at 6.3 ? Since I’m in 5 gallon pots how much water per plant do I flush them with? Thanks so much em :)

Back
Top Bottom