Plants are too big please help

Ducky1

Okay so I’ve just flipped my babies onto flower on a 12/12 and I don’t know what’s happened but two of them are absolutely massive, they’re way too big for the tent and I don’t know what I can do at this point, they’re too big to bend over. At best I could remove one of them and train/bend the other one but it’s going to be difficult and a lot of work and not sure if it’s going to be worth it in the end. Can you cut a plant in half?

I’m running 4 plants on a Wilma xl system and I’m not sure if it’s better to just pull the two Godzilla plants out and continue the grow with only two of the smaller ones. Any advice here would be greatly appreciated.

B202EA10-8BC1-4AF1-B78F-27072B75EEE5.jpeg

If you removed one would it give you space to supercrop the other into the free area?
Never super cropped before but I would have a lot of room and space to bend it and shape it. I’ve also just looked and the one was so close to the light it’s kind of frazzled anyway so I think that’s a sign to just remove it. Any tips/links on super cropping and manipulating this plant into the free/empty space where I’ll be removing one of them?

CD3245AF-A6AD-4A86-81D6-344A45703B3D.jpeg

so I took one out and have bent this one over, keep in mind I’m only week one into flowering and this is already way too big. Do I just remove the two plants and go about my day with the remaining two?

@InTheShed wrote a guide to it here.

DE6357D2-E8EA-4D62-99AD-564EECAB243F.jpeg

heres another angle, to me that looks ridiculous and I can’t imagine anything good coming of this. I feel like the only option I have is to cut the plant in half.

edit : or get rid of the other two

2DD56431-D6B7-4BB3-BFFB-77DCAAD8EC59.jpeg

another picture at a different angle with the other two in there. I think it would probably be best to just remove it and space the other two apart and train them to my liking with loads of additional growth room right?

i have a wilma system the 11L one and i have never been able to grow 4 good ladies unless i flip early and trained
real hard. Two trained is all i could get on mine for a good yield.when ever i had 3/4 never pulled as much as two.
Your 2 smaller ladies look nice and not leggy.

How much headroom do you have?
From the bottom of the plant pot to the light is four foot. The two plants that are tall were already hitting the light as I didn’t check on them for a couple of days because I’ve been away. As said it’s the first week of flowering so presumably this has a hell of a long way to go still right?

i have a wilma system the 11L one and i have never been able to grow 4 good ladies unless i flip early and trained
real hard. Two trained is all i could get on mine for a good yield.when ever i had 3/4 never pulled as much as two.
Your 2 smaller ladies look nice and not leggy.
This is my third grow, my first was 4 plants with no training as I knew nothing about it and managed to pull 14z off it. My second grow was a bit of quad training during vegging and then as I went to flip to flowering I lost two, dunno what happened they just died. I ended up pulling 17z from those two alone, trying to train this big one remaining and the possibility of it messing up in a few weeks is a lot of stress I don’t think I want. If I know I can pull decent amounts from just two I think I might just keep to that and remove the big one.

A problem I am very familiar with!
Since you have only just flipped them, why not take a load of cuttings before you chop it and do a SOG - it'll only hold you up a week or two and you will be back to a perfectly manageable grow with a decent yield
If you can keep the mothers out vegging somewhere, you've got a perpetual grow
Pic: 12 x AK/WW cuttings, flipped 1 week after cutting from mother in a 75cm x 75cm tent
CIMG1184.JPG

I had enough time dealing will the res and keeping that nice and clean didnt want to have to deal with keeping 4 plants happy. also was hard work back then.You look like you have the bigger system so you do have more space than me i think.Guess its the starin and when you flip dialing it in i just moved on to coco and diy drip feeds and hand feeding .the res got to messy in coco for me never tried clay its sat in the loft now.

PS. you might notice the drip lines I took from my system.

12E11C38-FB36-42CE-8BCC-414B64390BD6.jpeg

3866093B-58FD-46E4-945B-D85C5E543DF2.jpeg

ive taken both of the big ones out and now I’m just gonna keep these going. 8 weeks until crop I’m sure I can pull 12+ off them

96B9F3A4-F61D-4B28-AD70-C908F0CDFF5E.jpeg

this was it today before I took it out, looks like it might’ve been okay but I just feel like there’s way too much plant in the tent to keep all three in

So after much back and forth I’ve put it back in lol. It covers a lot of space that I just don’t think is worth sacrificing, all the buds have started to turn upwards so as much as it stretches now it’s going to go up instead of long so I don’t see any further issues with this big one going forward unless anyone suggests otherwise?

You would have much more room with out the Wilma system to be honest. Pots wouldn’t need to be so close it’s the down side and losing height to a pretty good system when dialled in. But at the moment looks fine u could always top it if it gets to out of hand.

Okay so I’ve just flipped my babies onto flower on a 12/12 and I don’t know what’s happened but two of them are absolutely massive, they’re way too big for the tent and I don’t know what I can do at this point, they’re too big to bend over. At best I could remove one of them and train/bend the other one but it’s going to be difficult and a lot of work and not sure if it’s going to be worth it in the end. Can you cut a plant in half?

I’m running 4 plants on a Wilma xl system and I’m not sure if it’s better to just pull the two Godzilla plants out and continue the grow with only two of the smaller ones. Any advice here would be greatly appreciated.

B202EA10-8BC1-4AF1-B78F-27072B75EEE5.jpeg
remove the larger fan leafs that are connected to the main stalk that will help with some light penetration but not much you can do at this point...width is always a concern in tents but height should be your main worry...are they gonna grow to tall? If so id start planning ahead

Back
Top Bottom