Please get everyone to vote liberal for legalization in Canadian election

I didn't see any reference to the American Federal Government in this thread. They may bring pressure against our Federal Government not to legalize cannabis, which could delay or stop legalization.

New US Attorney General Jeff Sessions is a "law and order" kind of guy. That means he is anti-cannabis. He is not our friend.

For all the successful State initiatives for medicinal and recreational cannabis use, not one supersedes the Federal Government's (I believe the DEA in this case) classification of cannabis as a schedule 1 drug.

Schedule 1 is:

(A) The drug or other substance has a high potential for abuse.

(B) The drug or other substance has no currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States.

(C) There is a lack of accepted safety for use of the drug or other substance under medical supervision

Though there is much circumstantial evidence to prove otherwise, this classification means that most of the research done is anti-cannabis, which has proven to be a thorn in the side of progressive thinkers for years. The Federal Government will always say there is not enough research on the matter to move it to schedule 2. So lets do research you say. Well, we can't, it is a Schedule 1 drug. Around and around we go...

So cannabis is federally illegal in the United States. At any time the administration can order the DEA to move on cannabis growers, distributers and users, medical or recreational, in any state of the Union. The successes the cannabis lobby has had, are but a house of cards until cannabis is reclassified.

And busting potheads (mostly of colour) is big business. The United States has spent a Trillion Dollars on the War on Drugs. That is $1,000,000,000,000. That is one thousand billion dollars. That's a lot of police and prison guards out of work if the US drops the War on Drugs.

I suggest two books to read if you are so inclined.

1. POT INC. By Greg Campbell : Greg is an journalist looking at the cannabis culture in Colorado
2. THE NEW JIM CROW By Michelle Alexander : Michelle is a Lawyer looking at the casualties of the War on Drugs

While I eagerly await legalization here in Canada, the battle may be fought behind closed doors between the governments of Canada and the United States. Here's hoping we win.

Peace. :peace:

While I eagerly await legalization here in Canada, the battle may be fought behind closed doors between the governments of Canada and the United States. Here's hoping we win.

The Lord gifted us with the vast healthy collection of beneficial substances in cannabis. The Lord also gave man receptors in his brain to show him (and her) the way. Now those who think government is smarter than God can wither away waiting for a phony signature that makes it okay. Meanwhile I continue to fly under the radar to grow my own life-saving medicine.
Happy growing,
:volcano-smiley:

I strongly believe that the liberal legalization plan is all smoke and mirrors.
They used cannabis legalization to buy votes to help win the election.
And they will use it to try and buy votes in the next election.
Canada's commitment to 3 drug conventions with the UN are going to be a
stumbling block to any form of legalization.
I bet legalization will look like its almost going to happen right before the
next federal election as long as the liberals get reelected.

Canada can withdraw from the 3 UN treaties but they have to give one years notice.
If the government was serious about legalizing cannabis by July 1st 2018 they would
have already given the UN notice that they were withdrawing before July 1st of this year.

I will believe it when I see it.

bipolar

Canada can withdraw from the 3 UN treaties but they have to give one years notice.
If the government was serious about legalizing cannabis by July 1st 2018 they would
have already given the UN notice that they were withdrawing before July 1st of this year.

Hi All,

Canada is not the first country to "legalize" cannabis, Uruguay is. The sky won't fall because we haven't addressed our international commitments. Many countries are in violation of many treaties they have committed to but life goes on.

The international anti cannabis forces are in a precarious position. I expect they will hunker down and try to wait out the pro cannabis movement, wishing we would just go away. The UN treaties are more window dressing than anything else.

More worrying than international treaties is that the Senate was considering banning home growing. I'm not sure if that amendment made the final draft, but it could slow down C-45.

Peace. :peace:

If the amendment stands then the court challenge to the growing ban will have to be based on something other than the federal governments right NOT to have its laws undermined by the provinces (see above). The federal Liberals would become complacent in a home grow ban if they drop the 4 plant per residence allowance. An injunction is less likely in this scenario, as the provincial ban would not contravene the federal law.

FP. :peace:

It sure sucks for the people in Quebec and Saskatchewan that their politicians are so idiotic to ban home growing. Imagine if Quebec banned making your own alcohol! Hell alcohol kills 3.5 million people per year in the world, cannabis kills none.

Not SK so much as Manitoba and Nunavut.

Luckily the fed has said no so those provinces that refuse the 4 plant limit will have to fight it out in federal courts once some saintly growers submit themselves to prosecutions that can be fought in the courts.

Who wants to be the first test case? Not me says the little red hen! :)

I'm in northern Alberta where they plan to let private companies sell pot like they do with booze and plan to allow small growers like we do with breweries and distillers!

Stuck in a repressive province? Go west young growers and find your fortune in sunny Alberta!

If anyone needs a responsible, legal name on their companies directory I'm available for a reasonable price. 40 years growing experience, criminal record for impaired in '93 with nothing but a speeding ticket in '01. Diploma in Environmental Chemistry and a Class 1/6 drivers license that's clean as a new bong!

Rock the f'n Casbar!

:peace:

The sky may not have fallen but the roof is a lot closer over our heads.

14 years for passing a joint to and underage kid? Hand your little brother/sister a jay as an adult and that's the charge you can get under the new Prohibition 2.0 rules!

Worked all night and driving home with dry red eyes? Joe cop says you're impaired from pot and off to jail you go while your car gets impounded for 90 days incruing a thousand dollars worth of storage fees before the court say, Sorry but you're free to go. Meanwhile you've lost your job, can't pay to bail out your car because your lawyer sucked up every dime getting you off the bogus pot impaired charge and the other lawyer took what's left trying to keep weekly visits for your kids.

Don't laugh yet. My #1 son is dealing with exactly that in BC right the f'k now. I told him not to marry that beeatch but did you ever listen to your old man when you had a boner? lol

We've lost a lot of civil liberties to get 'legal' pot and the impact of it has yet to be shown.

If you voted for Trudy on the promise of 'legal' pot don't do something that stupid again! ;)

:peace:

I strongly believe that the liberal legalization plan is all smoke and mirrors.
They used cannabis legalization to buy votes to help win the election.
And they will use it to try and buy votes in the next election.
Canada's commitment to 3 drug conventions with the UN are going to be a
stumbling block to any form of legalization.
I bet legalization will look like its almost going to happen right before the
next federal election as long as the liberals get reelected.

I will believe it when I see it.

bipolar

Your thoughts are becoming true my friend.

Putin is raising hell about those nasty conventions now. Already pissed off because we now love the gays/cistgendered/two spirited/ OMG I'm an old WASP and can't keep up with all the new pronouns! ;)

No. Really. I am an old WASP and don't think like the big old WASP running the states at all.

Hair almost down to my ass, bearded and mustachiod. No bald spots and a real stiff muscle every morning when I wake up. Lots of stiff joints thanks to my arthritis but the muscle thing is different. ;)

We all signed those treaties because of pressure from you know who.

The good old USA. Unstable States of AmeriKa!

WTF!

Now with the great pumpkin headed off to RUSHLIMBA so he can suck the micro-dick of his hero the Dumpster will come back demanding a northern border wall to keep stoners out of the lower 48.

F U Dump! We already built that wall to keep your failed collective asses out and got you to pay for it!

Defense dept submitted an invoice to the PentaKremlin for $ 750,000,000 dollars to control vermin and had a cheque a week later. 100 thousand miles of barbed wire and lots of tree branches and the border is secured! 739,439,232.35 left over to deposit into the country's, " Lets see how much more we can screw Trump for before somebody catches on" account.

I bet we can get a cool trillion before the primary's are done and the Dumpster is really in the dumpster!

rotflmao.gif

I didn't see any reference to the American Federal Government in this thread

The thread is titled, "
Please get everyone to vote liberal for legalization in Canadian election"

I think the word CANADIAN would easily explain to you that you woke up drunk in a different house and that smiling fat lady wasn't your wife and you should have woke up first and snuck out earlier.

Now the FB pics she took are going viral and you look like a real dick even tho your dick looks like lousy bait for a cod.
perv.gif

Back
Top Bottom