Please help - I'm not getting any replys that help

pete2

One of my plants has turned from dark green to light green, and I don't know why
On my largest plant it looks like the lower stems and leaves are wilting
What I'm really concerned about is what looks like nute burn. The PPM's are about 800, PH is 6.0. And it looks like it is getting worse
The plants are just a little bit over 30 days into bloom
I'm really concerned about this, so if you can tell me what is going on I would appreciate any comments
Here are some pics that I took yesterday, if you can help then please do so
Thank you very much:thanks:
8-10-2015_005.JPG
8-10-2015_006.JPG
8-10-2015_004.JPG
9-15-2015_019.JPG
9-16-2015_018.JPG
9-16-2015_017.JPG
9-16-2015_016.JPG
9-16-2015_015.JPG
9-16-2015_014.JPG
9-16-2015_012.JPG
9-16-2015_011.JPG
9-16-2015_010.JPG
9-16-2015_009.JPG
9-16-2015_008.JPG
9-16-2015_017.JPG
9-16-2015_016.JPG
9-16-2015_015.JPG
9-16-2015_014.JPG
9-16-2015_012.JPG
9-16-2015_011.JPG
9-16-2015_010.JPG
9-16-2015_009.JPG

Mind you I am not a professional that has been growing a long time so take this with a grain of salt if you want. Leaves at the bottom will look wilty and point downwards because they don't get the light. Most of my bottom leaves pointed down and looked wilted long before the stage you are in. My plant is quite bushy so lower leaves get no light. Looks nitrogen deficient to me. Looks like the plant is starting to feed off of itself like it's supposed to in flower.
If that were my plant and I had no one to give me advice I would feed it a decent dose of nitrogen and no other nutes for a week to see if she greens up a bit but all in all I don't think you have much of a problem. I wouldn't worry about making her look "perfectly" green again because she needs to eventually use up nutrition stored in her leaves before harvest.

My .02. I could be wrong and I hope you get more responses.

I can't offer much here as I'm no pro but maybe you could use some side lighting that's my guess as to why some of the branches down low are wilting. Ya gotta figure that plant is pretty dense so maybe the light penetration isn't enough just a thought. Im not sure about the other stuff sorry I can't be more helpful. Hopefully one of the experts stop by soon

Mind you I am not a professional that has been growing a long time so take this with a grain of salt if you want. Leaves at the bottom will look wilty and point downwards because they don't get the light. Most of my bottom leaves pointed down and looked wilted long before the stage you are in. My plant is quite bushy so lower leaves get no light. Looks nitrogen deficient to me. Looks like the plant is starting to feed off of itself like it's supposed to in flower.
If that were my plant and I had no one to give me advice I would feed it a decent dose of nitrogen and no other nutes for a week to see if she greens up a bit but all in all I don't think you have much of a problem. I wouldn't worry about making her look "perfectly" green again because she needs to eventually use up nutrition stored in her leaves before harvest.

My .02. I could be wrong and I hope you get more responses.

At least you gave me a direction to start. I more than likely will take your suggestion to see if that helps
I'm a new grower and if you had not replied to my post, I don't think I would have thought of that. Don't sell your self short man, This really helps:thanks::thumb::thanks:

Pete 2: I have one overly-bushy short lady who is doing the same thing. I trimmed out the dying leaves, tied her down to let more light in, and started a careful regiment of veg nutes and eggshells. I also made sure she wasn't so crowded by her sisters.

She seems a lot happier now and her new growth is coming in nice and green. I guess you occasionally get one that needs more TLC.

I have 2 very bushy ladies in flower, and they are dropping lower leaves and even cutting off nourishment to tiny branches under the canopy. I haven't stressed over these, and just trimmed those out. However, being proactive, I AM gradually trimming leaves that are withering away, as it looks like they aren't needed anymore. I hope this forces more growth upwards toward the buds.

I didn't have this problem with the original ladies from seed, (harvested and gone) but I'm using their clones, and their growth patterns are very different from their original mothers. I'm guessing that every grow is a new learning experience, eh?

You guys having a contest? LOL
Thanks again for posting
:thumb::thumb::thumb:

LOL! I felt sorry for you that you didn't have a whole bunch of replies! Just wanted you to know that someone else has the same problem.

Experienced grower here: The yellow at the new growth at classic iron deficiency & is generally caused by lockout due to ph being too high, looks like you are in hydro. Ph needs to be below 6. Lower leaves are suffering from a combination of deficiencies also due to lockout. Watch your ph like a hawk. Get some chelated iron and put a small amount (about 1/2 a teaspoon in a spray bottle. Fill with ph'd water and spray the new growth on top and underneath the leaves. They will turn green again. Make sure there are the appropriate mineral levels in the reservoir and check your ph!

Hello pete2 :high-five:

I'm pretty sure when i last looked at your journal you was using DWC type of system or even ebb & flood, please correct me if i am wrong ?

Mmm when new growth or the growing tips go that far yellow it may suggest a PH problem causing lock outs either that or a micro nutrient issue which normal forms in the new growth...

Most hydroponic water based system on average the PH is normally PH 5.8 i don't think .2 difference would really make much difference at present !

How ever 800 ppm suggests a problem that is like veg stage worth of nutrients...

As the plant grows bigger & moves through stages of growth & into flowering the ppm needs to be increased aka more nutrients for a bigger plant & more hungry plant to support it self :thumb:

What we are more likely looking at is deficiency's by present low ppm value & stage of growth - under feeding.

I may suggest increasing ppm to 1200 / 1400 ppm to start with i'm pretty sure by mid to late flowering ppm used is around 1600 / 1800 ppm on average this all depends on strain sensitivity & wether it is heavy or light feeder... watch 'n' learn type of thing.

I'm reasonable sure that will pick things up.

Thanks man, How long before I see results? PH is questionable, I' m on a short shoe string budget. Will do best I can.
Thanks for helping out.

The new top growth should perk up in a few days or so but i am afraid some of those lower leafs are little bit beyond repair & would not worry about that... it happens to lots of plants in flowering even my own :thumb:

I'm not to sure how often you check ph levels with the dwc, it may need to be done once a day or every couple days to see if their is ph swing going on !

Back
Top Bottom