Please help!

Ah, so these are all outdoor plants.

1-whats the soil you use?
2-do you ph your nutes? How many PPM are you giving them when you feed them? How often?
3-you know what kinda soil outdoors your working with-is it acidic, alk? Even same county, you can have vastly different soils from creekbeds to tops of hills.
4-how far N are you? Or S?
5-when were these plants planted or moved outside as seedlings? How were they vegged.

To me, the lighter colored plants look like ph is off, not enough N, prob not enough light (some look small by house), heat stress, and xmas tree.

That one by the house, you can prob counter your soil ph and dose some N and maybe crop it to get some more tops if you think it will bloom before the weather gets crappy, I personally dunno.

If you have been growing for 15 years, surely you know what a N deficiency and takeup look like right?

Sorry, when I said 15 years I didn’t mean to imply I have any real knowledge. I really don’t. I hadn’t tested soil till yesterday. I Just meant I’ve had problems before But have never seen this with weird tacoing and color fading so fast
Soil is “master garden”
transplanted outside early in life.
North

If your north, it's prob past the time for that plant to amount to much. 'transplanted outside early in life' is about as vague as north and does not tell me if it was 2 weeks ago, or June 1.

Taco leaves can result from an oil base cide application, or just too much heat or reflection from heat. But you probably have lockout, heat, low N and time working against you with that one.

How u ph'ing nutes? How often to you calibrate that device?

IDK what master garden is, local co-op soil I assume

Good luck with it!

Bloom Fertilizer doesn't have much Nitrogen in it. The Nitrogen is being sucked out of the Fan Leaves & they will yellow from the bottom up as you go through bloom. If you were over doing it on Nutes you would have some burnt tips or clawing. For the most part things look pretty good. It seems to be just 1 branch with droopy leaves in the pics. I'm thinking there's some kind of critter on that branch. Have you looked at the Plant Problems on the Grow Weed Easy site?
You will be able to narrow it down by the pics & it gives you ways to treat it. It's not a Forum. Just an info site.

I don't worry about tacoing leaves. I just cut them off. But then I totally strip my plants 4 - 5 times each grow. I get buds 2' long on some branches that way. But I get nice buds even down low in the center too. Been experimenting with Defol, LST, Super Cropping (HST), etc. just to see the differences in yield. Got bored with doing the same thing over & over.

Ammonia has long been used all over the world as a fertilizer, both commercially & not. If used properly, it does not kill plants.

Reading is fundamental: @nivek never suggested peeing on plants.
People crap on their crops and use sewage sludge for fertilizer. That doesn't mean I should do it to my cannabis!

People crap on their crops and use sewage sludge for fertilizer. That doesn't mean I should do it to my cannabis!
Yes but that doesn't mean you couldn't. There are many ways to skin a cat and that's the point being made.its not bad science, it's actually fact that ammonia is a perfectly fine and beneficial fert. Just because someone has another opinion doesn't change facts which is the other point being made.

Yes you could if you are that desperate. But if you have to resort to using human waste to fertilize your plants you probably shouldn't be growing in the 1st place. Go buy proper nutrients & fix the problem correctly. Not saying the other way can't be done. I just would NEVER do that to my plants. This is my last post to this thread as this post has turned into a debate & I don't care to argue with anyone about this B.S. You want to pee on your plants .... Go For It !!!

Yes you could if you are that desperate. But if you have to resort to using human waste to fertilize your plants you probably shouldn't be growing in the 1st place. Go buy proper nutrients & fix the problem correctly. Not saying the other way can't be done. I just would NEVER do that to my plants. This is my last post to this thread as this post has turned into a debate & I don't care to argue with anyone about this B.S. You want to pee on your plants .... Go For It !!!
A little pee never really hurt anyone. Haha. I'm neither for nor against. I'm just making a point that waste (manure ) is used everywhere, guano is waste as are worm castings...I'm sure microbes excrete beneficial or plant ready nutrients.. .that's my point. If I was growing indoors then no never use pee in any situation. There isn't any debate as to the science behind waste and it's uses to plants. It's a fact. What the op decides is as you correctly said up to him.

I have multiple outside plants with the same problem. I water with FF grow big normally and plants appeared fine but now into flowering stage
I used fox farm big bloom and tiger bloom mixed about a week ago and now the plants are very light green and leaves edges turning up like tacos, also a couple branches just dying off.. I have a couple pics of dying branch I removed. The plants overall look like this including leaves turning up. I can take more pics if needed.
I thought maybe I over fertilized but since they’re light green I question that too. I’m completely stumped.. Any help diagnosing would be greatly appreciated as I think they’re dying. Please help.
If everything was going good until about a week ago last Sunday when you mixed up some Fox Farms Big Blooom and their Tiger Bloom then I think that the problem is that they are reacting to the strong fertilizers. I suspect, because of the Fox Farms fertilizer products being used, that the plants are having a severe reaction to way to much fertilizer, especially the nitrogen.

Many of us on this message board are used to seeing dark green leaves as the first sign of more nitrogen than the plant normally needs. The dark green is not necessarily a bad thing during some stages of growth. Put on way to much nitrogen and many plants will start to curl, turn yellow and then die off. Just my thoughts after over 50 years of watching people fertilize their lawns, shrubs and flowers.

If the problem got bad after the new fertilizer program then there is a good chance that continuing with a nitrogen fertilizing schedule will just compound the situation.

Good luck.

A little pee never really hurt anyone. Haha. I'm neither for nor against. I'm just making a point that waste (manure ) is used everywhere, guano is waste as are worm castings...I'm sure microbes excrete beneficial or plant ready nutrients.. .that's my point. If I was growing indoors then no never use pee in any situation. There isn't any debate as to the science behind waste and it's uses to plants. It's a fact. What the op decides is as you correctly said up to him.
Yes, the waste is part of the circle of life. If it did not break down we would be knee deep in the stuff. Probably buried in it so be thankful that evolution developed something to use that waste.

As for your comment "... I'm sure microbes excrete beneficial or plant ready nutrients.. " you hit the nail on the head. Anyone who does not want ammonia in their plants will have to stop growing in organic soils or any soil mix that contains mineral soil. All of the soil organisms excrete waste which contains ammonia. That ammonia is essential to supplying the natural nitrogen that all plants like, whether it is marijuana or wheat to make bread or any other vegetable or fruit.

Enjoy the day.

Yes, the waste is part of the circle of life. If it did not break down we would be knee deep in the stuff. Probably buried in it so be thankful that evolution developed something to use that waste.

As for your comment "... I'm sure microbes excrete beneficial or plant ready nutrients.. " you hit the nail on the head. Anyone who does not want ammonia in their plants will have to stop growing in organic soils or any soil mix that contains mineral soil. All of the soil organisms excrete waste which contains ammonia. That ammonia is essential to supplying the natural nitrogen that all plants like, whether it is marijuana or wheat to make bread or any other vegetable or fruit.

Enjoy the day.
Spot on. Thanks

Great "factual" information

Real science

Useful for everyone if only to increase ones knowledge

Cheers

Urine for plants... number one supporter here.. my lemon tree over summer is the urinal... If I was a vegetarian I'd use other bodily movements, make use of those precious microbes..

Those lemon trees make me want to pee every time I’m around them too.
Stating the obvious- urine and manure is a very important source of fertilizer for huge numbers of people all over the world.
The NH4+ in urine can be problematic. It’s a matter of diluting and managing it right- same as all other nutrients. There are endless articles on the subject of urine as fertilizer.

Yeah I get worked up when people are on a high horse and condescending towards others methods and suggestions and then still come with incorrect information regarding ammonia and soil. If you don't know rather keep quiet than pretend you know everything and tell people ammonia will kill your plant and you don't want ammonia ever in your soil. It's just incorrect and bad information.
Peace.

It was the temp

Back
Top Bottom