Poll: Moving to live in cannabis freedom

Would you move to a distant place to have the freedom to consume cannabis in peace?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RaggedEdge

This poll is multiple choice if you feel the need.

I wanted it to be about North America, but perhaps members on other continents would like to vote also.

The only things stopping me from moving to Vancouver, BC are money, health, family, various bits of crazy crap, and, above all, the restrictive immigration policies of Canada.

I moved from Los Angeles where I could smoke everyday as a patient to NYC where I have no more greens (for the well paying job). Now I cant wait to save enough to go back permanently. I actually fly back once every 2-3 months just to smoke.

California is soo expensive to live, depending where. Canada ay is pretty nice ive been there several times to visit my grandparents on my moms side of the family, and with the Canadian accent its hard to understand what their talking aboot.

If cali makes it legal, I would plan to move there. I'm already thinking of moving out of NY.

very true SoCal in general is pretty expensive to live...I grew up in a nice suburban neighborhood there, but recently moved to NYC for work and WOAH. What I originally budgetted for living expenses was doubled. So if you're from SF or NYC the moved will be nice, but most other areas in the US dont compare w/ the cost of living in LA....That being said, your income should increase if you're from out of state moving to LA/OC (except SF/NYC). I actually plan on building savings in NYC and moving back to my home in LA/OC and taking a pay cut.

we have lived in cali in the past. most of the past. i grew up there in the high (no pun intended) desert, san fernando valley, newhall/santa clarita area and near yosemite. so we've pretty much seen it all. after the backwards hell hole we find ourselves in now. the only drawback i see to anywhere in cali is the expense. i like living in the country but with my declining health its not going to work out much longer. I need to be close to all those things that make life easier like sidewalks with ramps and automatic doors. The site of an actual bookstore makes me wet. People that look different from each other would be interesting. Where I live the only differences are color of pick-up and jeans or overalls. I don't remember the last time I saw a person of color within 60 miles of my house. Its incredibly boring around here. The birds even sing prettier songs in cali. If it wasn't for the earthquakes, fires, slides, traffic, crime, high taxes etc., the place would be perfect :cool: my grandkids are there and that alone is enough reason to move.

Im actually really happy that you made this poll because I've been thinking about this A LOT lately and was wondering how others felt. I checked yes, if I could be assured of a well-paying job, etc. While I've been thinking about it, I kinda made up my mind that I want to move to the Netherlands or something like that (never really thought about Canada but that would be cool too (never been to either)) but I also thought that I would really like to stay and fight for legalization...Who knows though, I wouldn't move till at least 3 more years or so cause I want to finish college b4 I do anything drastic like that. I don't think that I would move to Cali because cost of living is SOO high (like I wanna be :ganjamon:) and because the DEA still messes with people.

Im moving to San Diego in a month. I'm fortunate enough to have good enough of a job to live there somewhat comfortably. The beauty along with the marijuana freedom I can experience there makes up for any increased cost of living. Its not perfect but its way better that Memphis. I would have loved Amsterdam but since I cant speak Dutch there isnt much need for me in their job market.

You know what. I just thought of this. I wish that Congress and other people in the gov. could read this thread so they realize how important this subject is to people. I mean, thats a pretty big thing to do; moving in order to follow something you believe in. This also proves that marijuana users are NOT criminals, in fact we are willing to move to a different location just so that were not seen as criminals.

This also proves that marijuana users are NOT criminals, in fact we are willing to move to a different location just so that were not seen as criminals.

This is a great point.

You know what. I just thought of this. I wish that Congress and other people in the gov. could read this thread so they realize how important this subject is to people. I mean, thats a pretty big thing to do; moving in order to follow something you believe in. This also proves that marijuana users are NOT criminals, in fact we are willing to move to a different location just so that were not seen as criminals.

well said sir

Kikuras kicks as!

"moving in order to follow something you believe in." is just how it would feel to me.

It's really not much of a stretch to consider an oppressed, fearful cannabis user as a political refugee. Because the whole prohibition thing is nothing if not political. But I am too pessimistic and cynical to ask the Canadian government to give me sanctuary as a political refugee. They are still threatening to allow the USA to extradite the BC3 (Marc Emery, Michelle Rainey and Greg Williams) for no good reason at all -except political reasons. *grrr!*

But there are other ways of becoming a Canadian citizen.

For that matter, there are other places where it's possible to move.

As for the Netherlands, they allow people to move there and work for months at a time, with work visas like we do here in the USA, and the majority of them speak English, too.
A lot of the signs and stuff are in Dutch, tho. But if you can read some of the misspelled crap on the web, it shouldn't be too hard to wade through.

England is pretty laid back about it, too, but most everyone's on the dole over there.

Wasn't there something a while back about Mexico legalizing weed and other things?

But...just think! "Moving to follow something you believe in." It sounds almost magical.......

:dreamy: *sigh*

I moved from Oregon to Amsterdam back in 2000. It was not just the mj tolerance that I moved for but it was a major factor. I just couldnt stand living under the states gestapo government anymore, with the risk of going to prison for many years cause I smoke a near harmless weed. I fought for my country and for freedom but there really isnt much freedom in the usa regardless of it being the so-called "the land of the free". So, I sold my house, my truck, most of my possessions and got the hell outta there. I havent looked back. Holland isnt for everyone but I sure do love it! :) Peace.

Back
Top Bottom