Popcorn in ya kitchen!

or technically you should be able to make a dry rub out of the trim and smoke in a half water bath (thus extracting the CBD/THC) and then it is smoked in cannabis, but would have to try it out first im intrigued just need some.

this is not a definative science i am just my own knowledge of cooking and others knowledge of Cannabis, but i believe that should work.

:yummy:

So today we have an organic italian themed dish. I call it "Chicken garlic buttery bud good sauce" Yeah man, but what we lack in name we make up for in taste though.

So here it is with pics and recipe. Weed is optional if you just want a tasty meal after a hard days work or a long days smoke. But this is a recipe that buds go good on.

So first off You will need:

1 caserole dish
3 medium to large chicken breasts (i will put cook times for both frozen and normal)
1.5 cups of cheese (mozerella works good, so does agasio cheese, or parmisan, but tbh as long as its not too pungent of a cheese like a swiss cheese or a blue cheese you will be fine)
half a stick butter
quarter cup minced or chopped garlic
quarter cup chopped sweet basil (or small leave basil)
5-6 good sized roma tomatos
5 tablespoons olive oil
one 6-8 inch stalk of rosemary
salt n pepper
half cup chopped high grade buds (still slightly wet and not fully cured is best, freshly picked is ok too but its THC content will be slightly behind, completely cured dry bud is fine as well but fresher the better imho)

Firstly lets set the oven to 410 degrees.

Ok so first you take the olive oil and spread it around the chicken breasts then salt n pepper both sides to taste. laying them in your baking dish.

Then break up your rosemary into 1 inch sticks and place a couple on top of each breast, also break up or chop your basil (i just pull the leaves apart) and spread it around on top of the breasts as well. At this time also take your finely chopped buds and spread them across the chicken breasts and the bottom of the pan.

Cut each roma tomato into 8 pieces and spread the chunks out across the top, then take your butter cut it into cubes and lay across the top evenly as well as your garlic.

When its all ready to go it should look something like:
DSCN5663.JPG

Now cover the top with tinfoil and put in the oven @ 410 degrees. Bake for approx 60 minutes for frozen or 35 minutes for thawed. Then pull out and change the oven temp to 300 degrees. It should look like this:
DSCN5667.JPG

I like to cut into a breast now to check for any pinkness(it should have none, but if it does recover and cook for an additional 5-10 minutes or until pink is gone in center)

Now first pull out the little rosemary sticks. Its not a necessary step to do as they are edible and taste pretty good. But I prefer to remove them as their flavor is already infused by now in the chicken and sauce and now we can spread the cheese over the top then cook it for an additional 15 minutes approx with the tinfoil off.

Once the cheese has a nice golden brown top you can take it out and it should look like:
DSCN56731.JPG

Serve with a little pasta and some bread, maybe a salad for a complete meal. But this shit is good enough to eat alone. The chicken is very moist from cooking in the tomato juices, the oil and butter it just melts in your mouth.

So yeah Thats Jimmys Italian bud chicken and let me tell ya you aint had Italian till you had this Italian.

Also remember Organic and homegrown is best and most flavorful. So use organic everything if possible :).

+REP thanks jimmy

CHICKEN CANNEVS ----

8 skinless, boneless chicken fillets
225g dried breadcrumbs
75g Parmesan , grated
5 eggs , beaten
100g plain flour
pinch paprika
4 tbsp sunflower or vegetable oil , for frying

BUTTER FILLING -

4 garlic cloves , crushed
2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
100g butter , softened
100g cannabutter
juice ½ lemon

Place all the garlic butter ingredients in a bowl and season well. Mash with a fork until well combined, shape into two sausages using cling film to help you shape it, then tightly wrap and chill or freeze until really firm. Can be made up to 3 days in advance. When firm, slice each into 8 even pieces.
Lay a chicken breast on a chopping board and use a sharp knife to make a deep pocket inside the breast. The easiest way is to push the point of a knife into the fat end, keep going halfway into the fillet. Be careful not to cut all the way through or the butter will leak out when cooking. Repeat with the remaining breasts. Push 2 discs of butter inside each chicken breast, press to flatten and re-seal with your hands. Set aside.
Mix the breadcrumbs and Parmesan on one plate, and tip the eggs onto another. On a third plate, mix the flour with paprika and some salt. Dip each breast in the flour, then the egg and finally the breadcrumbs, repeating so each Kiev has a double coating (this will make them extra crisp and help to keep the butter inside). Chill for at least 1 hr before cooking, or freeze now - see tips, below.
To cook, heat oven to 170C/160C fan/ gas 4. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Fry the Kievs for 2-3 mins each side until golden - you may need to do this in batches. Transfer to a baking tray and cook for 20 mins until cooked through.

I WOULDNT DEEP FRY THESE EVER AS WILL MOST PROBABLY SET FIRE TO YOUR FRYER.

Love the thread idea!! Hey popcorn can you post your canna butter recipe?? I've never made butter but its getting close to trim time so I'd love to try some of these recipes out!!

Hey DD glad to have you on board, The best you will find is the :420: WAY, it takes time but with time comes taste.

this is the link CannaButter In 7 Easy Steps!

Please feel free to post and join in on the thread and if you make anything love to see peoples pics and opinions :welcome:

I am just a fat dude who likes 3 star restaurants. So you can count on me to cook up a feast from time to time :)

If you want some proper * restaurant dishes, then i can put a few up or PM me and i can send them to you as i have been looking at old menus and things i have done in my own restaurants and there is quite a few i can easily incorporate cannabutter into.

Tried not to get to technical as i know hard things can be to make, but if your a good cook then i have faith :Namaste:

OK so I just burned one and GUESS....... Thats right I got the MUNCHIES!!
So I got all silly and thought about puff pastry. but then I realized it needed to be above or at 450 F.
so what you got for me even with a potachue? I dont even know if I speeld it rights:)

well depends what else you have to use but first thing i would say is cook your pastry, then we can find a filling for it why dont you make a beef pie, but make the pastry lid separate and once you have made the pie melt the butter and pour it over or mix it into the filling mix. :cheer:

If you want some proper * restaurant dishes, then i can put a few up or PM me and i can send them to you as i have been looking at old menus and things i have done in my own restaurants and there is quite a few i can easily incorporate cannabutter into.

Tried not to get to technical as i know hard things can be to make, but if your a good cook then i have faith :Namaste:

Im a good cook but I am also a lazy cook. I prefer one pot wonders to things I need to dirty 8 dishes for.

Im a good cook but I am also a lazy cook. I prefer one pot wonders to things I need to dirty 8 dishes for.

LOL my missus says the same thing when i cook and she looks at the dishes :thumb:

Going to cook Jimmy's Chicken garlic buttery bud good sauce for dinner. I got some fresh OG Kush that is coming straight off the plant. Little premature, but this looks to good not to cook. I'm running to the market now. I'll post a after dinner report. :thumb:

Going to cook Jimmy's Chicken garlic buttery bud good sauce for dinner. I got some fresh OG Kush that is coming straight off the plant. Little premature, but this looks to good not to cook. I'm running to the market now. I'll post a after dinner report. :thumb:

Great i cant wait to see it :goodjob: :welcome:

Well it has nothing to cannabis cooking. But right now I got some good shit brewing up and thought I would share it with ya guys.

So its just another concoction I just randomly made but I think itll be a winner. I still can not really smell as I am a tad congested from being sick earlier. However I made it pretty spicy so my smell may come back hehe.

Ok so its asian themed chicken and noodles. The sauce for the chicken is pineapple, ginger, garlic, saracha (the red rooster asian hot sauce), soy sauce, salt n pepper and olive oil. I took it all into a pyrex bowl mixed it up, covered with tinfoil and its in the oven now at 450 degrees.

The noodles will be normal chow mien sized and will be stir fried with peas, carrots, soy sauce, butter then topped with toasted peanuts.

I like it jimmy im off stir frys at the minute as i have eaten to many of them recently lol :cheer:

Right then guys as my Lil ones are now in there home and dont need to much doing at the minute, i will be spending some time on this thread putting some dishes and bits out, will do a canna and blueberry cheesecake later and will also put up about making your own bacon/confited Pork belly, i use this at home and is a personal recipe of mine (as are most recipes i will post).

Im having a few net problems so if i dont get it done tonight will do it A.S.A.P

:high-five:

I actually ended up not sitr frying the noodles. Instead I boiled the noodles and ended up making a broth with it, combining all those awesome juices from the chicken sauce all together.

It was similar to a udon noodle in texture but the flavors were more chinese slightly thai.

It was really really good though. I coulda sold that broth for like 50 bucks a bowl in a nice restaurant.

Only things I woulda liked to see was some bean sprouts and perhaps a little thai basil (imma be adding it to my garden real soon).

I almost always am eating Italian, American or Mexican. So occasionally switching it up and cooking asian, or Indian is a welcome treat for me.

BTW Cheesecake is my hands down no contest all time favorite desert.

I actually ended up not sitr frying the noodles. Instead I boiled the noodles and ended up making a broth with it, combining all those awesome juices from the chicken sauce all together.

It was similar to a udon noodle in texture but the flavors were more chinese slightly thai.

It was really really good though. I coulda sold that broth for like 50 bucks a bowl in a nice restaurant.

Only things I woulda liked to see was some bean sprouts and perhaps a little thai basil (imma be adding it to my garden real soon).

I almost always am eating Italian, American or Mexican. So occasionally switching it up and cooking asian, or Indian is a welcome treat for me.

BTW Cheesecake is my hands down no contest all time favorite desert.

I would buy it i love noodle broths and am happy you went that way with it i think it was the better choice, next time when you do it buy a

whole chicken, then take some onions, carrot, celery and some lotus root if you can get it sweat them all down with smoked garlic(normal if you cant get smoked), ginger, chilli, then add the whole chicken and fill with water just enough to cover it then you want to add 2 star anise, 1 Tbsp of Five Spice, 1 Tsp of Schezuan pepper, 2-3 bay leaves, 4 Tbsp of Soy Sauce, 4 Tbsp Set or Clear Honey put a lid on it and Simmer for about 1hr 30 mins, then take out your chicken and put to the side, turn your oven upto about 180 degrees C (no Lower), Strain all of the ingredients out of the broth preferably through muslin will take a little while if not just use a normal sieve, then put it back on a high heat and reduce until theres only about 1/2 of the broth left, while thats reducing take your chicken and remove all of the skin salt it and place in the oven for about 20 mins or until completely dried and crispy, you can now take all of your chicken and start stripping it or cut into chunks whatever way you prefer really.

Now add your chicken to the broth, some Baby Corn And your noodles then cook til about 2-3 mins before noodles are done add some Pak or Bok Choi, some more lotus root mange tout.

place this in a large bowl or individual bowls in portion sizes then add some Sliced Scallions, Finely Sliced Chilli, Some Chopped Coriander and then finish with your crispy chicken skin.

DO NOT SEASON THIS DISH AS PEPPERS AND SALTS ARE ALL INCORPORATED, YOU MAY CHECK IT AT THE END JUST TO SEE BUT I WOULD NEVER ADD MORE SALT TO THIS.

Keep your chicken carcus roast it in the oven and then make yourself a nice stock

:Namaste: :Namaste: :Namaste: :420: :high-five:

One thing I like about boiling chicken, is its way more forgiving time wise. It stays super tender and moist, even if you cook it a bit extra just to be sure its cooked all the way through. With good broths, or sauce to cook it in, it jsut absorbs so much flavor too!

I am actually thinking of the noodles I made earlier right now. Now thats the sign of some good shit :).

This ones for you Jimmy - CannaBerry CheeseCake

400g blueberries
120g golden caster sugar
200g digestive biscuits
100g cannabutter , melted/ you may take a bit away if you dont wat to use this much
2 tsp vanilla extract
600g soft cheese
100g icing sugar

10g Fresh Bud Trim (as dry as possible)

To make the blueberries, put the sugar and 5 tbsp water in a pan. Cook until dissolved then boil until syrupy. Add the blueberries, cook for a minute or two. You want them to soften but not burst. Tip the blueberries into a sieve over a bowl and cool.
Butter the base and sides of a 22cm spring form cake tin then line with baking parchment. To make the base, whizz the biscuits in a processor to crumbs. Mix with the cannabutter then tip them into the prepared tin and press firmly into the base to create an even layer. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
Mix the soft cheese, icing sugar and vanilla in a bowl until smooth then tip in the cream and mix until combined (it's better to use a wooden spoon for this as electric beaters will overwhip the cream). Stir through half the blueberries then spoon onto the base. Smooth the top of the cheesecake. Leave to set in the fridge overnight. Stir the remaining blueberries back into the syrup and chill.
Take the cheesecake from the fridge about 30 minutes before serving. Release the tin and remove the paper from the sides. Slide the cake onto a plate leaving the base paper behind. Spoon over the blueberries and syrup before serving.
Then Sprinkle you Bud trim over the top aswell/ if you are hiding the trim you may mix it into the cheesecak filling i personally have not done this as dont want it to get to wet.

I would only sprinkle the bud trim you are going to use over the piece/s you are going to eat as will not hold to well in the fridge i dont think. (dont know as havent done it i just sprinkle)
300ml pot double cream

:high-five:

Back
Top Bottom