Popcorn in ya kitchen!

thats fine guys i am still around and inten d on keeping this journal running just nneed some trim but my plants arent to happy at the minute so going to be a week or 2 longer.

PM as well i dont mind at all

Well I know this thread aint been too active of late, however I was just cooking some shit up and thought of Poppen Fresh and his cooking thread, so for all you crock pot lovers I got some bomb diggity shit to grub on. Be warned though this recipe takes like 12 hours minimum :D.

Ok so its a simple bean stew, or if you reduce it, it can be used to eat with chicken, or w/e. Its just some damn tastey beans basically.

So firstly you want a crock pot, if you dont have one... sucks to be you.

Here is the ingredients.

1.5 pounds dried pinto beans
3/4 pound dried lentils
3 medium sized onions
chicken stalk or veggie stalk
garlic
butter and oil (vegtable or olive)
vegemite (or nutritional yeast)
whole buds (you pull them out when cooking is done, same with the rosemary)
soy sauce
salt
oregano
rosemary
garlic
chili flakes
chili powder
bbq sauce

Ok so first ya take your onions chop em up and toss em in the crock pot, wash the pinto beans and toss them in too then add the chicken stalk.
Also you will add a few tablespoons of salt, 4-6 table spoons of oil,the rosemary the buds, few tablespoons of soy sauce, 1/4 cup of garlic.
Now put that sucker on low and let it cook for about 3 hours, stiring it and mixing it up periodically.

Next you will add 1/4 cup of bbq sauce, some oregano, about a tablespoon of chili powder and some chili flakes (or fresh peppers if you got em) , add some vegemite or the yeast and a stick of butter :D
Then let it brew up for another 2 or 3 hours till the beans are semi soft but still have a touch of firmness, then wash and add the lentils. Also at this point you can take out the rosemary and buds if you wish but I left em in till the end

Let brew up another 2-4 hours (will depend on heat of crockpot) and once the lentils have a nice texture, you are ready to rock :).

creates some damn tasty beans. And makes your house smell like heaven.

Hey guys sorry had a dreadful mid to end of year last year but I AM BACK and sticking around now so will hopefully get this thread up and running properly again, missed you all Come say hello it's great to be back, will also be getting my new journal up in next day or two :)))

Hey Popcorn

I was checking a thread that asked if anyone had the recipe for "honey slides" quoted by Niel Young in a song.

I found the lyrics that gave the recipe.

The recipe is rough and calls for dirt weed. Ba Humbug

Use prime bud, grind it then run through a very very fine screen so you have powder.

Chuck it on a fry pan and bring up to almost smoke and spill on to a plate

Heat a small amount of honey ( equal to or smaller than the powder ) in the pan or a non stick pan till bubbling hot

Take off the honey and add powder. Stir in powder. (use a bamboo skewer or like tool) a little hash added at this point would be sweet but not needed

spoon on to parchment paper in bite size portions and freeze or cool.

Here is the story

Honey Slides

:peace:

Glad you're back Popcorn :Namaste:

Nice link Buck! :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom