Popcorn in ya kitchen!

Thank you kind sir! Can't wait to try some of these recipes! When you make your butter do you use all buds or mixture of trim and buds?

Hey got a question for y'all expert chefs. I got a plant in the last week of flowering that some how went herm somewhere along the line. The buds are formed but I was noticing some odd looking buds and spread it out and seeds were forming it appeared. I isolated the plant just was curious if it is suitable for cooking? And if yes Should I hang dry it still or just chop and grind the whole plant up with the trimmings? Or is it worth it to actually dry the buds to smoke? The buds look a lot less frosty then the others at the same age. Never had a herm so no idea what to do.

Hey got a question for y'all expert chefs. I got a plant in the last week of flowering that some how went herm somewhere along the line. The buds are formed but I was noticing some odd looking buds and spread it out and seeds were forming it appeared. I isolated the plant just was curious if it is suitable for cooking? And if yes Should I hang dry it still or just chop and grind the whole plant up with the trimmings? Or is it worth it to actually dry the buds to smoke? The buds look a lot less frosty then the others at the same age. Never had a herm so no idea what to do.

you aint never smoked a sack with some seeds in it boss?
I would dry it like you was gonna smoke it. then if you dont like make cookies:)

Lol Doc would be one lucky sob to never have smoked a bud with seeds, or worse had that snap and pop then harshness of smoking a seed lol.

Me I grew up in so cal and made frequent trips to mexico. Both of which you can find seedy dirt weed for seedy dirtweed prices and when you are a broke stoner kid, sometimes a pound for like 400 bucks of shwag sounds awfully smokable.

Yep i have to agree with you guys there, will be back up and running in a day hopefully computer being weird, Thanks for the Rep Fishie and Glad to see you Jimmy.

happy cooking DocDee.

Also i wanted to add if you are cooking with it i would always dry it as much as you can really the drier the better i personally believe, as water retension obviously isnt that great for THC also if you cook with it you will get a Chlorophyll taste to it as the plant will still be full of it basically which is why where drying it to get rid of that.

:thumb:

OH MY GOD JIMMY I CAN MAKE CANNA-POPCORN ICE-CREAM :thumb:

we will call it CANNA-CORN Ice-Cream

and will add popping rocks to it to make your teeth go POP POP POP POP POP :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

I have been racking my brains with this one and believe i have finally worked it out.

so let me introduce CANNA-CORN ICE-CREAM

6 large egg yolks
6 Tbsp CannaButter
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups heavy cream
2 cups whole milk
50g Toffee Popcorn
1 pack of popping rocks/ space dust
METHOD
In a medium sized heat-safe bowl (metal, ceramic, or glass), whisk together the egg yolks until well blended. Set aside.

Pour the cream into a thick based pan and add 30g off popcorn, bring the cream and corn mix up to the boil as soon as it starts boiling turn the heat off, and leave to infuse for 5 minutes, then strain through a sieve and throw away the wet popcorn, now place the flavored cream in a metal bowl set in a larger bowl of ice and set a medium-mesh sieve on top. Set aside.

In a medium thick-bottomed saucepan on medium heat, melt the butter cook it, stirring constantly, until it just begins to brown. Add the brown sugar and salt. Stir until the sugar completely melts.

Slowly add the milk, stirring to incorporate. It will foam up initially, so make sure you are using a pan with high enough sides. Heat until all of the sugar is completely dissolved. Do not let boil or the mixture may curdle.

Whisk in hand, slowly pour half of the milk and sugar mixture into the eggs, whisking constantly to incorporate. Then add the warmed egg mixture back into the saucepan with the remaining milk sugar mixture.

Stir the mixture constantly over medium heat with a wooden or heatproof rubber spatula, scraping the bottom as you stir, until the mixture thickens and coats the spatula, about 5-7 minutes.

Pour the custard through the sieve and stir it into the cream. stir until cool over the ice bath. Chill mixture thoroughly in the refrigerator.

Once the ice cream mixture is thoroughly chilled, freeze in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's instructions.

Once the ice cream has been formed in the ice cream maker, it will be fairly soft. Fold some chopped popcorn. Put in an airtight plastic container and place in the freezer for at least an hour, preferably several hours. If it has been frozen for more than a day, you may need to let it sit at room temperature for a few minutes to soften it before serving.

when serving mix the popping rocks/ Space dust into the ice-cream.

IF ANYONE WANTS ANYMORE HELP WITH THIS RECIPE PLEASE MESSAGE ME AND I WILL HELP OUT, AND IF YOU DONT HAVE AN ICE-CREAM MAKER MESSAGE ME AND I CAN SHOW YOU HOW TO MAKE IT WITH A FREEZER !!!!

:circle-of-love:

^^^^^ OMG OMG OMG OMG!

Popcorn, I am so going to have to go back and read this thread. I love cooking, got a little bit of totally untrained natural talent, but never seem to manage to make decent edibles. Hopefully I will find some wisdom here, even Xlr8's amazing tutorial didn't manage to work for me, and there is nothing wrong with his instructions at all! I don't know, it might just have been bad weed or the fact I haven't got a slow cooker to control the heat better than a gas stove...

Wow sorry, got carried away there. Just to say :cheer: :thanks: :nomo:

LOL thats great Fluff i am an avid lover of food and it is what governs my life basically.

The main thing to remember when cooking with weed is dont ever let the temperature go above 220 degrees Celcius.

after that point there will be no more THC left it will just get vaporized, which is also how vaporizers work lol, so i would always say cook it on a lower temp for longer if you need to there is no rush when making butter.

and also you are always more than welcome to message me if you are having any trouble with anything kitchen related.

:welcome: :circle-of-love:

Why thank you kind sir :blushsmile: :hug:

I may well take you up on that. I haven't been able to work out why it isn't happening for me, and I can actually cook...

Ho hum...

LOL sometimes things just dont work there is no reason for it or you will find it is something really simple that you just overlooked (generally what happens to me).

Hum ho...

Oh no. It's not me. It's the damned gremlins. They stole my phone twice in a week recently. I just can't work out how the little buggers are messing with my cooking.

Grrrrrrr.........

LOL sometimes things just dont work there is no reason for it or you will find it is something really simple that you just overlooked (generally what happens to me).

Hum ho...

hey popcorn, if you can get dry ice, you can crush a few pounds of it up and put your ice cream mix in a stand mixer. then add the dry ice .it will freeze your Ice cream in 5 minutes:)
I saw Heston Blumenthol do this so I tried it and it works great:cheer:
but it may not work with popcorn in the mix as easily

Nice tip Sir Fishie! :thumb:

I sense we have another rather good cook in the house with you, don't we? Trying something that Heston does is not for the faint hearted novice usually! :yikes: :laugh:

hey popcorn, if you can get dry ice, you can crush a few pounds of it up and put your ice cream mix in a stand mixer. then add the dry ice .it will freeze your Ice cream in 5 minutes:)
I saw Heston Blumenthol do this so I tried it and it works great:cheer:
but it may not work with popcorn in the mix as easily

Back
Top Bottom