Possible sick plants need help

chode420

I am running a 2x2x5 grow box for auto, I am currently about 6 days my first sprout came roughly a day or two ago and is curling downwarrds pretty bad, I have three all about the same stage th other two are green and looking healthy as the other one is slightly brown, ill try and get pics as soon as possible , but I'm running 100watt diamond series led lights with a stealth hydro bubble ponics system I soaked the cubes in 5.5,I water them every once in awhile when the cubes feel dry with water is 1/4 nute strength and. I have them in a container with the humidity about 80 percent and temps around 90 coverd with plastic wrap for the incresed humidity. Is this something I should be worried about??

maybe its just a bad seed but it could be too much nutrient, not enough water or too much water . i dought it will get better on its own so i would try changing things up a bit and see if it picks up. personaly i would go with keeping the cube more dampish than letting it dry out and less nutes but im no expert

good luck

thanks for the reply ill try that, its literally my first grow built the box and ventlation my self pretty proud just upset I may hve to germinate another

I'm pretty new myself, but 90 degrees is high. It should be like about 72-74 degrees I think and anything over 85 might cause them to stretch. If the seedlings are showing above the soil I don't think having the cover over them is a good idea, because it will promote damping off and root rot. I usually wait until the third week before I give any nutrients (unless the leaves are really light green then I use about 2 tablespoons of unsulfured molasses mixed with 1 gallon of water for the soil grows I do). Good luck.

Good insight, phew close call took off the wrap, and thanks so much I may have a feww more questions if I find anyone that knows hydro..

I've yet to try hydro; wish I could help there. I always stick my hand between the light bulb and the plant tops. If it feels uncomfortably warm or especially hot I know it will burn plants and dry the rooting medium up quick (especially when they are small) so I move the light up. If you have LEDs you shouldn't have that problem because I've heard that they are pretty cool compared to normal lights. There are some really pro growers on here and if you post pics they can help a lot.

Leds in my vieww great investment, super bright light no heat like at all you can put your hand ont the glass and it not be hot and is been running almost a week straight

I am running a 2x2x5 grow box for auto, I am currently about 6 days my first sprout came roughly a day or two ago and is curling downwarrds pretty bad, I have three all about the same stage th other two are green and looking healthy as the other one is slightly brown, ill try and get pics as soon as possible , but I'm running 100watt diamond series led lights with a stealth hydro bubble ponics system I soaked the cubes in 5.5,I water them every once in awhile when the cubes feel dry with water is 1/4 nute strength and. I have them in a container with the humidity about 80 percent and temps around 90 coverd with plastic wrap for the incresed humidity. Is this something I should be worried about??

seedlings need no nutrients at all for the first 2 weeks any at all could fry them quick!, ph for them can be between 5.5 and 6.5 ,some pics would help alot, they dont need strong light i keep all my lings under 2 23 watt 6500k cfl's for the first 3 weeks about 3-4 inches above them i use the paper towel method for germ then into plastic silo beer cups full of coco/pearlite 50/50 mix i water(ph 5.8) daily in coco because you cant over water and it is actually recommended not to let coco dry out, sometimes you get a dud or weak seed that wont go far, i just lost 2 a month ago that germed ok but faded after a few days,it happens, im not a "hydo" guy per say, but i do coco and hempy pots thats considered "passive hydro" you nute and ph the same as other hydro setups, 90 is to high !! and humidity is not a major concern unless your space is extreemly dry like 20% or below,get some pics up and i can help further, good luck you'll be fine if you keep coming here!:high-five::peace:

2012-01-15_21-11-26_587.jpg

Took this about 10 min ago its curling and has a white spot on the stem?

your link is not working but i tracked down the pic, looks like its a bit burnt from nutes and possibly heat,and possibly overwatering that spot appears to be fungus or white mold from the high humidity and temps get the temps down to no more than 80f,let it dry out a bit after you flush out all nutes with ph'd ro or distilled water, remember less is more with cannabis, number 1 killer of plants by new growers is drowning, then nute burn and temps, hope this helps, but the thing is with seedlings you dont have much wiggle room for mistakes, they dont need much tho, you may try again with fresh seed and keep it really simple:peace:

How Would i. Go apon fluushing just normal ph water few days in?? And I'm working with autoflowers here don't know if that changes anything and do you think I could just throw the seed in the rock wool along with the other plants and it still germinate with out the cover

Great help thanks a lot if u wouldn't mind keep an eye on this thread I may ask a few more things and you said 5.8?? Ph?

Back
Top Bottom