Possible stunted growth?

Vasdef

Hello all,
This wedding
20211127_013656.jpg
20211127_013748.jpg
20211127_013847.jpg
cake seed was germinated and burst open on 10/28. 11/5 I planted it in a 5 gal bucket in coco coir. Im growing hydro
So its almost a month now. Here are the pics. I've also noticed that there are leaves missing on one side. They never grew. Almost like a defect.

Hello all,
This wedding
20211127_013656.jpg
20211127_013748.jpg
20211127_013847.jpg
cake seed was germinated and burst open on 10/28. 11/5 I planted it in a 5 gal bucket in coco coir. Im growing hydro
So its almost a month now. Here are the pics. I've also noticed that there are leaves missing on one side. They never grew. Almost like a defect.
Good morning @Vasdef hope you are well today.
Cute lady.
She looks a little hungry and roots look a little off color.
How is your ph and water temp?
You say in coco? Is that just the contents of the basket?
@Rexer Knows alot about hydro hopefully he can advise.
But don't fret about a missing branch or leaf, nature does its own thing.

Stay safe
Bill

Good morning @Vasdef hope you are well today.
Cute lady.
She looks a little hungry and roots look a little off color.
How is your ph and water temp?
You say in coco? Is that just the contents of the basket?
@Rexer Knows alot about hydro hopefully he can advise.
But don't fret about a missing branch or leaf, nature does its own thing.

Stay safe
Bill
Hey Bill,
Coco in a 6" basket. First 2 weeks i gave it 1/4 nutes, last 2 weeks, 1/2. Changing water today, full nutes.
PH 59.
Air temp 79
RH 80
Water temp 80.

Hey vasdef

Root color looks a bit off, could just be nute stains. Can you give a better picture of the roots? Any odd smells off the roots?
All in all, she looks fairly good! And she'll grow at her own pace, she's quite possibly just focusing on root building.

Hey vasdef

Root color looks a bit off, could just be nute stains. Can you give a better picture of the roots? Any odd smells off the roots?
All in all, she looks fairly good! And she'll grow at her own pace, she's quite possibly just focusing on root building.
Hey vasdef

20211128_110908.jpg

Looks beautiful!

Give her time, she's just going at her own pace, and from what I can see your doing great!

I'd say within another week you should see a bit of a growth spurt. That's just a guess, but as healthy as she looks to me, I'd say she'll turn beast mode on you soon enough :high-five:

pretty high humidity as well,, i am so used to having rh around 30 so i have no clue what affect rh 80 might have. the root ball should be near as big as the plant above

high temps aiding the root growth problem i might suggest

Good catch, thank you! I'm a metric guy when it comes to temperatures. That is high, hopefully there's some hydroguard or some such being added.
Hey, so whats high, my water temp or humidity?
Good catch, thank you! I'm a metric guy when it comes to temperatures. That is high, hopefully there's some hydroguard or some such being added.

Hey Rexer,
So I changed the water yesterday. I added the usual 3 nutes (GH). Calmag & Hydrogaurd. Checked water temp. Its at 80 again. Should I throw a few ice cubes in there? What are some methods of cooling it down?

Hey Rexer,
So I changed the water yesterday. I added the usual 3 nutes (GH). Calmag & Hydrogaurd. Checked water temp. Its at 80 again. Should I throw a few ice cubes in there? What are some methods of cooling it down?
Hey Vasdef,

The ideal long term solution is a chiller, bought or homemade. But that involves some investments that's not always wallet friendly.

You can try wrapping the DWC bucket(s) with thin Styrofoam sheets to add a bit of insulation to it.

I've seen some members use bottles of frozen water. But the risk there is if the roots are on the frozen bottle I don't think they'll be happy.

I've seen one member who re-directed some airflow from his AC to hit the buckets first to keep them a bit chiller...

Hope that sparks some ideas

Hey Vasdef,

The ideal long term solution is a chiller, bought or homemade. But that involves some investments that's not always wallet friendly.

You can try wrapping the DWC bucket(s) with thin Styrofoam sheets to add a bit of insulation to it.

I've seen some members use bottles of frozen water. But the risk there is if the roots are on the frozen bottle I don't think they'll be happy.

I've seen one member who re-directed some airflow from his AC to hit the buckets first to keep them a bit chiller...

Hope that sparks some ideas
Alright, let's roll the dice.
Thanks again for your advice.

Back
Top Bottom