Pot blunders

Ok, so I had something very upsetting happen last night and it could certainly be classified as a POT BLUNDER. I thought that my fellow peers here would like to hear this story since everyone here seems to care about MJ as much as I do. So heres the story.

My girlfriend has been wanting to make some brownies for some time now and when she came accross some commercial product she picked it up. (shes in a different town as of right now otherwise we would have used my trim from our Med garden). My girlfriend has seen me make canna butter on several occasions and decided that she and her friend (who will remain un-named) were going to make butter with the full oz of commercial.

My girlfriend seeing me do this many of times had a pretty good idea of the processes involved with making this, and so since she was busy all weekend she left a detailed list of instructions for her friend to follow so as to make the butter properly.

So my girlfriends friend broke up the MJ, took out the seeds and stems and continued to boil the water, butter, and OZ of pot for about 7 hours (most of the day atleast). She then took the butter and strained it with pantyhose just as she was supposed to. She even squeezed out all the excess butter left in the soggy pot that was in the pantyhose, seems like she did a good job right? No!.

Now heres where it went all wrong. Her friend then took the bowl full of water and cannabutter and proceeded to dump out ALL the WATER AND BUTTER :thedoubletake: and put the PANTYHOSE in the freezer with all the nasty trim and shit in it!!!! Whaaaaaat???? Yeah, she seriously did this, no joke.:rollingeyes:

The next day my girlfriend goes to her house expecting to start baking some brownies when her friend opens the fridge and shows her what she did, still not knowing that she screwed it up, ROYALLY.:rofl:

Luckily my girlfriend is a nice easy going person and took it in stride,... if it were me and it was my money lost I probably wouldve lost it on her for not reading the last like THREE steps..what a dumbass! Honestly even when I heard about what happened the next day (yesterday) I was more upset than my girlfriend was about the whole thing, and it was her money and time lost, not mine. Now I know we have all had our moments and Im not saying I havent done stupid things before but DAMN! Thats ridiculous! The worst part of this is that she is a teacher and you would think that such a person would be smarter than that , I mean its basic BASIC chemistry, but no, she wasnt...apparently....or she was just way, way, WAY high. Who knows.

So theres my story. And you know in the end the only thing you can really do when things like this go horribly wrong is laugh about it, and so I figured this was the perfect place to do just that. Whether were laughing about other peoples stupid mistakes or even our own I figured we needed a place to post these stories and maybe even vent a little steem sometimes. If anyone else has any blunders or pot bloopers to share this would be the place to do it! UUUUGGGGHHHH!!! Destroyed a full OZ, and all that work??? Damn!!:ganjamon:

Anyhow, I just had to share that with all of ya.

Best lessons learned are the hard ones. I doubt she will ever make that mistake again.

Pretty sure she will never do that again. Story made me go Oh Sh#t and then laugh out loud. I could just imagine you girlfriends face when you looked in the freezer and saw those frozen pantyhose.

ouch!!! thats a good story tho, im sure you get a laugh every time.

i have one with miracle grow soil

so ya... i had read that soil quality is very important in root development/growth/yield. one thing not to skimp on is soil.
even though i was heading to the store later that day to get some happy frog, my dad went out and bought the miracle grow. its great if you dont fertilize and like the taste of unflushed bud.
he pots them and i go to water em a few days later and notice the soil.... uuuggghhh

i forgot to mention this was our first grow and we didnt have a pH or TDS meter either. so im mixing up diluted nutes (i used advanced nutrients) and they made it through veg but once i started bud nutes they grew for a few weeks and shut down.

at the same time we were having a heat wave so the room was hitting 90F and i thought the visible burning on the plants was from heat. we actually got em to survive to the end but the yield was terrible, taste was terrible, headache if you smoke a lot, just all around crap. making it into honey oil helped a bit but never again. absolute nightmare

lol, yeah. I wish I was there to see my girls face when she saw that frozen pantyhose in the freezer. And yes Munki I bet you are right about that. At least I hope she doesn't do it again! And she teaches middle school special ed so shes more of a glorified babysitter than a teacher on most given days, all the real teaching gets done in her class by my girlfriend who is way more intelligent than her friend is, thank god! I could not live with someone like that. It would make me pull my hair out and scream, YOU MORRON! lol. Im glad you all liked it.

Anyone else have any Pot Blunders to share?

Back
Top Bottom