Pot size

That would be perfect. I grow in 40 4x4 areas for one plant grows 7-10 work best. 7 gal for fabric and 10 for plastic. 10 gal wont hurt for fabric either lol but 7's work great for them.

Thanks for your suggestion. On a side note, I just visited Colorado for a week and a half this month and had probably the best week and a half of my life. Such an amazing place

All year round there is always something to do. The only thing we are missing here is a ocean beach. We have lakes but they are not the same. That is about the only thing I miss from San Diego after moving here. Oh I do not miss the PM on plants from growing on the coast nice and dry here most of the time. Only challenge here is not letting buds dry out to fast and I mean in one or two days if not careful lol.

That would be perfect. I grow in 40 4x4 areas for one plant grows 7-10 work best. 7 gal for fabric and 10 for plastic. 10 gal wont hurt for fabric either lol but 7's work great for them.

@CO Finest is spot on. I do 8weeks veg and final pot size is 25L so close enough to 7gal.
So much fun one plant in a 4x4,especially if you scrog.

I have had the best luck growing with coco in 3 gallon fabric containers. Treat coco like a hydro media (like rockwool) and you dont need large root space. Irrigate with full fertilizer multiple times a day with 20% runoff. I have had better results in 3# than in 5# as it was harder to control salt buildup in the larger containers. coco does not require the large root structures that soil needs.

I have had the best luck growing with coco in 3 gallon fabric containers. Treat coco like a hydro media (like rockwool) and you dont need large root space. Irrigate with full fertilizer multiple times a day with 20% runoff. I have had better results in 3# than in 5# as it was harder to control salt buildup in the larger containers. coco does not require the large root structures that soil needs.

single plant filling a 4x4 isn’t going into a 3 gallon

You could be correct jolly. I have only grown a 2x4 size in that container. Still, i would tend toward a smaller container rather than too large, as in comparison to soil.

Now the strain makes a big difference. I did flower out a train wreck mother ( AKA Monster Train ) in a 5 gallon fabric pot that veg for 9 months and she filled a 5x5 scrog net, she gave me 1lb 3oz as her going away present along with a ton of pop corn for the hash making but I will still say 7-10 with shorter veg is needed to get that 4x4 full of colas.

The real benefit of a larger container, IMO, is it’s a buffer for potential screw ups. Missed watering, pump failures, ect. Big plants in small pots will die quickly if neglected. Large pots on the other hand will hold moisture longer and can go longer times without feedings. Larger pots can/will contribute to a increase in room humidity so keep that in mind.

One plant, 10 gallon Smart Pot, 100% coco.
19 zips off this plant.
20180628_210126 (2).jpg
20180630_094027.jpg

What was left!
20180630_174137 (2).jpg

7 gallon would be the smallest I would use for a paint that size. I would probably go 10. I use 5's for normal 4-6 week veg time plants.
Coco is hydro but you still need root mass to keep a plant that size growing at maximum potential and have the medium stay damp throughout the pot.

Back
Top Bottom