PPm/EC for Mini Rockwool Croutons, GH 321 recipe, Capn Style

Fartoblue

420 Member
Hello all this is my first post here. Would be very grateful for any replies.

Hello all going to give Mini Rockwell cubes a go recirculating top feed 15 minutes twice each day, Capn Style.

Will be using GH 3 part series @ 1-1-1 seedlings, 3-2-1 veg, 1-1-1 transition for 2 weeks, 1-2-3 through flower, Grow - Micro - Bloom.
Only additives will be Cal/Mag and Ecothrive Biosys beneficial microbe tea.

I have grown in Coco and RDWC in the past and the EC/PPM was way different for each growing method.

I have never grown in croutons before and would be grateful if anyone could give me some EC/PPM guidelines from seedlings through to the end.

I normally drop the feed strength from week 7 in flower but I read the Capn Style actually increases until flush.

Many thanks.

I really don’t know why it’s not more popular. The Cap’n left the forum right around the time I joined. I mostly joined because of him but then decided growing hydro doesn’t really suit my grow.
There were quite a few people growing that way around the time but they seem to have all wandered off except for Skybound as far as I know.

Many thanks.
I was just sick to death of root rot in RDWC and it turned out to be more work than I had anticipated. Hopefully Sky bound will see this thread and point me in the right direction.

What is this "capn style" of which you speak mate? I grow in rockwools but on an nft table so theyre fed 24/7. Get crazy good results from it.

Many thanks for your reply Barney. The capn was a very well respected member who used to post on here a few years ago and had his own style of growing. Unfortunately I can't find any of his posts.

My situation is, I have been growing RDWC and need to switch as I don't like it so converted my RDWC system to Capn Style.

In RDWC I rarely went over 1.2 ec and PH of 5.6 - 6.4 but tried to keep the PH somewhere around 6 for veg and 5.8 for flower. Would this feeding schedule suffice for top fed Rockwool cubes ( I may put an inch or two of clay balls on the bottom and the top) in a recirculating system?

This is a diagram of what my new (converted) system will look like the roots are contained in a 25 litre normal plastic pot and not in the water. They will be fed twice daily fed twice daily for 15 minutes each time. The black line in the diagram is the feed line

Thanks Barney, I was wondering about this holding tank. I have a plentiful supply of air stones and powerful air pumps left over from the RDWC so was thinking an air stone or two in the holding tank rather than buying a pump to move the nutrients around. I was also wondering what strength nutes to put in the tank My thinking is to put in the holding tank whatever will be required for the following week. To be truthful the holding tank will only be used when I take a short vacation, in general I will adjust it daily by hand and will probably get a feel for what strength to put in the holding tank as I adjust it daily.

Back
Top Bottom