Pre-flower- Flower - Or veg? What's up with my plant?

urban farmer

420 Member
Hey there, I had been growing a blue dream clone for a bit in a small container under natural light, and after going away for a long weekend, I came back to find pre-flowers on her. She was around 4 weeks old at that point. 3 weeks ago I upgraded her to a larger container and a tent with an LED light on 18/6.

She had started growing 3 leaves from the stress of not having a dependable home, but now 3 weeks under a structured lighting regimen She is still growing 3 leaves, and even now some 1 leaf configurations, and showing preflowers. I was hoping she would revert back to veg so I could get her bigger before flower, but i'm not sure what the heck she's thinking. I want to go one more week before flipping to 12/12. Should I keep the lights on 24/7 until 12/12? Has anyone been through this? Did I unwittingly get an autoflower? Thanks

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

Looks to me to be an auto. She looks to be in full flower.

Just because I know it can happen, make sure you are ON 18 and Off 6. I'm sure this isn't the case, but always good to check.

If your timer is right, go to 20 on and 4 off, and see if you can get some good buds going. Autos, once they start, are basically going to give one crop.

If you decide you do have autos, you may want to do some defoliation of the bottoms, and get the tops the best chance to build big buds.

Just my opinion.

Looks to me to be an auto. She looks to be in full flower.

Just because I know it can happen, make sure you are ON 18 and Off 6. I'm sure this isn't the case, but always good to check.

If your timer is right, go to 20 on and 4 off, and see if you can get some good buds going. Autos, once they start, are basically going to give one crop.

If you decide you do have autos, you may want to do some defoliation of the bottoms, and get the tops the best chance to build big buds.

Just my opinion.

Thanks, you may very well be right. I haven't had experience with autos and I wasn't told about that when I got her so it's catching me a bit off-guard. Heck last time I grew was near 20 years ago and we hadn't heard of autos, or forums on the internet discussing growing. All we had was Ed Rosenthal's book.

My timer is going 18/6, i'm too up in my plant's business not to notice that but always good to have a sanity check.

Good idea of changing to 20/4, I might as well. I will defoliate for sure if I decide this is the case. It would kinda throw a wrench on my planned harvest window between two vacations, damn...

I haven't heard of many auto clones. But truth is i don't know shit about autos.

I have however had photo plants in veg get confused by erratic light cycles. In those cases they started growing triple and single blade leaves along with some half-ass flowering growth.
Probably 24/0 would have straightened them out sooner. It was about five years ago so I don't remember all the details. But I remember it took forever for them to turn around. I had a couple episodes of plants getting confused like this because I'd got in the habit of constantly messing around in the veg room at all hours. In my case I did end up tossing out a bunch of these victims because it was (if I remember at all right) something like two months of 18/6 and they still were confused, while some new plants I'd started in the time since were grown big enough to take up the slack.
I don't know what the 'typical' time is for them to turn around after they get confused, if that's what you have going on, but I suspect it's going to be at least several weeks.

I haven't heard of many auto clones. But truth is i don't know shit about autos.

I have however had photo plants in veg get confused by erratic light cycles. In those cases they started growing triple and single blade leaves along with some half-ass flowering growth.
Probably 24/0 would have straightened them out sooner. It was about five years ago so I don't remember all the details. But I remember it took forever for them to turn around. I had a couple episodes of plants getting confused like this because I'd got in the habit of constantly messing around in the veg room at all hours. In my case I did end up tossing out a bunch of these victims because it was (if I remember at all right) something like two months of 18/6 and they still were confused, while some new plants I'd started in the time since were grown big enough to take up the slack.
I don't know what the 'typical' time is for them to turn around after they get confused, if that's what you have going on, but I suspect it's going to be at least several weeks.
That is why I asked about the timer being right. I've never heard of auto clones either, for the clone is as old as the mother, and usually flower instantly or in flower.

If you change a light cycle (move the dark time) or have the timer set backward, I can see this happening, but if none of that has happened, then I would go to a long light cycle, and see what they do. All autos I've read about are seed form, but new things happen every day I guess.

Back
Top Bottom