Prepping for my 1st Outdoor Grow

Buddy Ebsen

Hi everyone,

I started my 1st indoor grow and it is progressing along very well. I got some extra feminized seeds that I am going to plant outdoors when the weather breaks. I plan on starting the seed inside and then transplanting outside. I will avoid transplant and light shock by allowing the seedling to become acclimatized 10 days before setting it into the ground and in the full sun.

I have already selected a very good stealthy grow site, which is on the south-side of a gentle slope with pretty brush that surrounds the area. The brush is easy to clear, re-camouflage & there is overhead cover not blocking the sun. I have been observing the site for the last few weeks. I can get water to the grow site with no problems if the weather does turn dry. There is no foot or nearby car traffic whatsoever, so I feel very safe letting this baby grow outside. I can acess the site from all 4 directions and will not leave a path when entering or leaving.

This is the seed that I have received. If I let her go, I think I'm going to have a monster on my hands! Does anyone have experience with this strain?

Marijuana Seeds Information

Tijuana is the stable result of a three-way cross. It is an almost pure sativa with flavours that linger on the palate. It is a good, creative strain.

Genetics Mother Queen x Original Haze
Variety Pure Sativa
Sex Feminised
THC Content High
CBD Content Unknown
Yield 400 gr
Plant Height 2 - 3m
Grows Greenhouse, Grows indoors, Grows outdoors
Flowering Time 11 weeks
Harvest Month Mid November

Also, the natural topsoil is approx., 6'' deep. I want to ensure that I get good drainage, so I plan on digging a pretty good hole and loading it up with some Fox Farms Ocean Forest that I currently have.

In the seedling stage, I will have the little ones caged in so no deer or bunnies decide to chomp on it. She'll stay that way until I know that they are big enough to fend off plant chompers by themselves..

I'd appreciate any tips from the outdoor growers here, especially on soil preparation, stealth and outside grow techniques such as LST/Supercropping.

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to posting on :420: :cheer:

After meeting on the lighting thread, I'll have to follow along with you on your grow. :cheesygrinsmiley:

:thumb:

I grow outside, guerrilla grow every summer. I germinate seeds in January. I put all my seeds in solo cups with pro mix. After they veg for two weeks I put them under 12/12 HPS. It takes about two or three weeks to sex. After they show sex I put them back in veg 18/6. In April I put two foot females in the ground also using pro mix and mycorrhizae. Since I guerrilla grow I also use terra sorb. Terra sorb is basically water crystals with different kinds of mycorrhizae. I only water them if it hasn't rained in two weeks. I used stored rain water. This has always worked for me. I never have problems with males. I do get a few hermied seed. I only had four hermied seeds out of six pounds.

In michigan you can grow outside - under the medical marijuana act. The state supreme court also clarified the rules -

Secure and enclosed means all sides, the top, and fixed to the ground. Cops suggest it use privacy fencing so you avoid rippers and needless 911 calls.

The opaque plastic on top seems to be important - you do not need direct sunlight. The plastic not only cuts the view from prying eyes, but you choose how much water it gets. In michigan, especially near the end of the season, it rains a lot. Bad for buds.

I checked out a grow that was 16' high poles, wrapped with a roll of chain link fencing, a dog kennel for door way. Guidewires on top supported more chain link fencing, and the opaque plastic cover. Privacy fence was around it, but only 8' high. A big dog patrolled, and a guy lived on the property. It was in a residental area! lol - of course when the plants got 18' high, the cops were called. They came, checked out the paperwork, and left. They only said "how did you get them to grow so high?" Harvest completed, and site moved ; )

No pest or PM seen in most michigan outdoor grows. Just frost damage.

DN

also - remember you control the plant height - it is common to put the plant outside later - so it does not 'veg' as long. With a green house you can bring on the 'dark cycle' early with a black cover. I always wondered about putting a tent outside, to promote dark cycle around a specific plant.

DN

It seems you're off to a good start. I just ordered my seeds for this season and will grow them guerilla style as well :D

First thing you need to consider is height control. By topping or FIMming you're gonna keep them shorter and bushy and it's easier done before transporting them into your outdoor spot. Second thing you should think about is PH of your soil, but you can easily fix it by amending it with wood ash, lime or whatever you have. Then you'll need to fertilize it at least a month before putting your plants in, so when they're in you won't have to add anything as everything will already be there. But above all in an outdoor grow I found pest control to be the most important thing as you'll get virtually hundreds of bugs, which will try to eat the leaves and can slow down the growth that way. If you have wild animals running around you also need to make sure they're gonna stay away. Urine works fine here!

Happy growing :lot-o-toke:

Ahoya

I have no experiance with that strain, sorry , but I am surely gonna stick around for it. Feminized seed is a blessing , but these days I've been reading so many topics about Auto's and Fem beans being GMO. I don't want to sound bitchy but is this something any of you think we should worry about, medically speaking ???

I would love to grow gorilla like you brother, but I just don't have the time to drive up the mountain so many times during grow season. So I'll just envy your grow. LoL

Love and Light

What's up Joe? Almost everything today is manipulated in one way or the other, so I just do what I can to inform myself and make a personal choice. For example, I don't eat genetically manipulated corn, but it is used in everything else that we eat in processed foods. Sooner or later, I believe there will be a whoops in a Lab somewhere & we'll end up on the wrong end of the stick. Like the old commercial, "It's not wise to fool around with Mother Nature".

Also, I'm not really going to put much time into this project. I'm going to just let her grow on her own and see what happens. I mean I'll check on her & give her some TLC, but I'm not going to be checking on her once a day. A plant that could possibly get that big is going to stick out anywhere as far as I'm concerned. Also, she is a very late budder and I don't even know if I can get her harvested on time. If we have a nice Indian Summer, the chances look good for me.

It'll be a shame not to try, the seed was a freebie.

also - remember you control the plant height - it is common to put the plant outside later - so it does not 'veg' as long. With a green house you can bring on the 'dark cycle' early with a black cover. I always wondered about putting a tent outside, to promote dark cycle around a specific plant.

DN

I'm not going to lug that monster into a greenhouse. Did you see the height that plant could possibly achieve? I'll top her and give her some LST, but that's about it. Her cycle ends in November, so I will probably have to force flowering to get her done in time. We'll see how it goes.

Thanks, but I live in one of the strictest states in regards to cannabis, so this project can only be done under extreme "Stealth". I'm just going to basically let her go "Au Natural" and hope for the best.

LoL, yeah. If its free, set it free and damn dude. I can just imagine taking a hike and spotting this MONSTER tree. And imagine in flower season. Holy shit, that'll be awesome.

GMO is everywhere and also try to stay away from it but I'm not sure a Coloidal Silver GMO Plant is anything to stress about. Or their seeds and produce from seeds off a CS plant

We are doing a seedrun next season with CS and I'm super excited.

Love and Light

I agree, it's not the same thing & almost all of the strains today have been manipulated to one degree or other. Let me know when you do your seed run so I can follow it.

image8662.jpg

Did it germinate well?

Back
Top Bottom