Problem solving help please

StonedCrumpet

Good afternoon all. New to the botany world. First timer. Gone for a personal favourite in Glookies Auto. Whilst I feel like I'm plodding along quite well for now (6 weeks in) I think I'm up against some stunted growth and clumping together issues. I think this is due to me not re potting quick enough, as these roots do not mess about. I'd really appreciate any ones time and knowledge. Who knows maybe make a friend or two along the way.

Peace to all

PXL_20230211_115913666.jpg

PXL_20230211_115901732.MP.jpg

PXL_20230211_115824810.MP.jpg

Good afternoon all. New to the botany world. First timer. Gone for a personal favourite in Glookies Auto. Whilst I feel like I'm plodding along quite well for now (6 weeks in) I think I'm up against some stunted growth and clumping together issues. I think this is due to me not re potting quick enough, as these roots do not mess about. I'd really appreciate any ones time and knowledge. Who knows maybe make a friend or two along the way.

Peace to all

Good day my friend and welcome to 420Magazine. :welcome:
Nice lady you have going. :welldone:
To me she looks a touch overwatered.
Roots need air.
You have to let the pot dry well in-between watering, I assume your in soil?
How is your air flow? Temps? And rh?
What nutrients are you using?
Take care.
Talk soon.

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

Hi Bill.

Thanks for being swift in your reply. And thanks. I'm chuffed with her she's starting to smell very nice indeed.

So, as I'm a first timer my set up is very makeshift. I'm adding as I go as my finances aren't to great for now. The life of a painter and decorator. I have her in a slightly warmed cupboard which maintains a constant temp of 78-80°F. I'm using 2 fans blowing in either direction for now as I don't have a proper tent and fan system in place. I'm using a 1000w full spectrum LED. I've opted for pre multi nutrient soil. Feeds for 3 months. Mirical grow. Until I get a humidifier to keep them moist. I'm spraying them with mist and keeping the pots damp 3 or 4 times a day. The shoots don't seem to be growing long enough to make it out of the bush, although some are starting to find their feet and reaching the light. The fan leaves are obv growing into eachother which is concerning me a hell of a lot too.....

Hi Bill.

Thanks for being swift in your reply. And thanks. I'm chuffed with her she's starting to smell very nice indeed.

So, as I'm a first timer my set up is very makeshift. I'm adding as I go as my finances aren't to great for now. The life of a painter and decorator. I have her in a slightly warmed cupboard which maintains a constant temp of 78-80°F. I'm using 2 fans blowing in either direction for now as I don't have a proper tent and fan system in place. I'm using a 1000w full spectrum LED. I've opted for pre multi nutrient soil. Feeds for 3 months. Mirical grow. Until I get a humidifier to keep them moist. I'm spraying them with mist and keeping the pots damp 3 or 4 times a day. The shoots don't seem to be growing long enough to make it out of the bush, although some are starting to find their feet and reaching the light. The fan leaves are obv growing into eachother which is concerning me a hell of a lot too.....
What you have is a beautiful Squat Indica. :thumb:
My absolute favorite plant to grow.
You say you have a 1000w light.
More than likely it's a 100w draw from the wall?
Does it say the actual draw of the light?
More than likely she needs more light energy to sit up and start praying.
Temps and air flow sound OK.
Let her dry an extra day or so before watering and she will perk up.
You will need nutrients soon though.
Soil won't last as long as it says. :Namaste:
I know your on a budget, I get that.
But a stronger light would help too. Imo.
Take care.

Bill284 😎

Awesome. I can't wait to indulge!!

The light is drawing 92W. I am going to add another light asap. Ok will likely get another of the same, but they do up to 2000W. Is that to much?

I actually have nutrients, I'll send over a few pics of what I have. Any advice on application to water and eventually the plant would be massively appreciated.

With watering, I am waiting until the puddle in the catcher tray has dried up. This is probably twice every three days. I'll leave a bigger interval and like you say, hope she perks up

16761197682037313224824536028012.jpg

PXL_20230211_124959217.MP.jpg

PXL_20230211_124951098.jpg

PXL_20230211_124947767.MP.jpg

Awesome. I can't wait to indulge!!

The light is drawing 92W. I am going to add another light asap. Ok will likely get another of the same, but they do up to 2000W. Is that to much?

I actually have nutrients, I'll send over a few pics of what I have. Any advice on application to water and eventually the plant would be massively appreciated.

With watering, I am waiting until the puddle in the catcher tray has dried up. This is probably twice every three days. I'll leave a bigger interval and like you say, hope she perks up

16761197682037313224824536028012.jpg

PXL_20230211_124959217.MP.jpg

PXL_20230211_124951098.jpg

PXL_20230211_124947767.MP.jpg
Excellent nutrients. :thumb:
Don't let her sit in the run off.
Make sure there is air below aswell.
is she in a bag or pot?
You will need to follow the schedule for mixing.
Start with the veg schedule week 4 on.
You can start any time you want now.
What You do is when the pot is dry? Lift it up to tell the weight.
So when it's dry mix nutrients according to the schedule, micro first then grow & bloom.
Water slowly until you see some come out the bottom.
Then wait 3-4 maby 5 days until the pot is dry again.
Lift it?
Then slowly plain water till run off.
Dry dry dry.
Feed nutrients again.
Dry dry dry.
Plain water.
Dry.
Feed.
Dry.
Water.........etc...
Until you flip to flower.
Do you have a timer?
200 watts is better but not overkill by any means.
You could go higher.
We get a discount from our sponsors.
I use @VIVOSUN exclusively fantastic products.
Ship overnight through Zon.
But we have lots of terrific sponsors that all give you a discount.

Bill284 😎

Lift it?
Dry dry dry.
Feed nutrients again.
Dry dry dry.
Plain water.
Dry.
Feed.
Dry.
Water.........etc...
Or, for your next grow, skip the watering learning curve altogether and come join us in #SIP CLUB.

Watering, especially with autos, is one of the biggest challenges to get right, and that usually takes some experience which is gained by getting it wrong a bunch of times.

As Bill says, getting air to the roots is very important and there are a few ways to do that. Many growers use the wet/dry cycle, Bill uses extra layers of perlite in his pots, and SIPs have a built in air pocket around the roots to supply it.

So, no matter how you do it, it's important that the air get down there or you stunt the plant and, with autos, any stunting produces a smaller plant and therefore a smaller harvest.

Or, for your next grow, skip the watering learning curve altogether and come join us in #SIP CLUB.

Watering, especially with autos, is one of the biggest challenges to get right, and that usually takes some experience which is gained by getting it wrong a few times.

As Bill says, getting air to the roots is very important and there are a few ways to do that. Many growers use the wet/dry cycle, Bill uses extra layers of perlite in his pots, and SIPs have a built in air pocket around the roots to supply it.

So, no matter how you do it, it's important that the air get down there or you stunt the plant and, with autos, any stunting produces a smaller plant and therefore a smaller harvest.
Oops :rofl:
I just realized it says auto. ;)
Hey Azi.:ciao:
Hope everything is going well my friend. :high-five:

Bill284 😎

Excellent nutrients. :thumb:
Don't let her sit in the run off.
Make sure there is air below aswell.
is she in a bag or pot?
You will need to follow the schedule for mixing.
Start with the veg schedule week 4 on.
You can start any time you want now.
What You do is when the pot is dry? Lift it up to tell the weight.
So when it's dry mix nutrients according to the schedule, micro first then grow & bloom.
Lift it?
Dry dry dry.
Feed nutrients again.
Dry dry dry.
Plain water.
Dry.
Feed.
Dry.
Water.........etc...
Do you have a timer?
200 watts is better but not overkill by any means.
You could go higher.
We get a discount from our sponsors.
I use @VIVOSUN exclusively fantastic products.
Ship overnight through Zon.
But we have lots of terrific sponsors that all give you a discount.

Bill284 😎
Thanks so much Bill.

What do you do to create the air space below? She's in a pot.

I use a timer for my lights. 18hr on cycle. I go midnight to 6am off. I keep fans on constant.

That feed schedule sounds great. I'll start a feed from tomorrow. It says on back of nutrient pots of what to use per litre

An Auto at 6 weeks with no flowering?

Needs more light to get it to start stretching.
To be fair it has begun to flower. Just. I will add another light in the next day or two. I have started another 2 a week ago. I want to try keep a regular harvest coming in for my pleasure

Watering, especially with autos, is one of the biggest challenges to get right, and that usually takes some experience which is gained by getting it wrong a bunch of times.

Thank you for your reply. I am always keen to experiment and try new things. How would you create the air space if you were potting?

To be fair it has begun to flower. Just. I will add another light in the next day or two. I have started another 2 a week ago. I want to try keep a regular harvest coming in for my pleasure
If she has started to flower go with week 1 Of nutrient schedule.
ill get you a pic for air gap hold on
These are pot lifts

PSX_20230211_131914.jpg

I use oil pans from the dollar store underneath.
I used cheap dollar store plant pans upside down as plant lifts.
When they fill I just shop vac them out.
Plywood under two keep pots off cement floor.
I ran 55 at a time so I saved money where I could.

Screenshot_20230211-132048_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230211-132028_Gallery.jpg

Bill284 😎

Do you have a smoke detector? :Namaste: Read that ^^^^^^^

That pic gives me ptsd.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Peace to all

Welcome to the @420 Magazine family. CL🍀 :welcome: :420::Namaste:

If she has started to flower go with week 1 Of nutrient schedule.
ill get you a pic for air gap hold on
These are pot lifts

PSX_20230211_131914.jpg
I envisaged this exact thing. Couldn't put a name to it. Thank you. You've been awesome Bill. This is a huge learning curve, I know. I'll get there

he doesn't have the head room for it. he's in a cupboard. maybe after he develops a dedicated space. let's help get him sorted before you dole out the kool aid.

An Auto at 6 weeks with no flowering?

Needs more light to get it to start stretching.

thought exactly the same thing.

So, as I'm a first timer my set up is very makeshift. I'm adding as I go as my finances aren't to great for now. The life of a painter and decorator. I have her in a slightly warmed cupboard which maintains a constant temp of 78-80°F. I'm using 2 fans blowing in either direction for now as I don't have a proper tent and fan system in place.

a pic of the set up could help. everyone starts somewhere.

you can get a single plant all the way to finish without having all the gear. any more than that and you'll want to get sorted as the odour alone in flower will be excessive, and they transpire a lot more water than you'd expect indoor.

it's not as urgent for a single plant unless you get a really loud one.

I'm using a 1000w full spectrum LED.

it's won't be a true 1000w at all. some cheese mfgrs use a voodoo math to arrive at a ridiculous number. a look at the light could help.

I've opted for pre multi nutrient soil. Feeds for 3 months. Mirical grow.

anyone who gets a plant this far on MG deserves an ovation. we call it miracle kill here.

MG is a bit dense, and you are over watered a touch as @Bill284 mentions. that'll explain the clumping, and the look the leaves are giving.

MG can be dicey in flower. it contains timed release nutes, often times it'll burn up a plant. it's hard for the grower to control what it gets and when. it typically doesn't have enough to get a plant to finish, but is hard to use with a nute system properly.

you may not be able to follow a proper nute schedule on MG. especially with AN. AN are great nutes but do not play well with a nuted soil. they are fantastic when using them on their own. go easy with the nutes at first. follow bills suggestion for a starting point.

a few folk do use MG successfully, and truthfully MG has changed it's formula to be more weed friendly, but it's really more for other types of plants.

it generally is easier and more cost effective to go with an hp promix or sunshine #4 for new folk to learn with. both are everywhere, and work well with piles of nute systems. would be perfect with the AN. you need to feed from the get go with them however.

Until I get a humidifier to keep them moist. I'm spraying them with mist and keeping the pots damp 3 or 4 times a day. The shoots don't seem to be growing long enough to make it out of the bush, although some are starting to find their feet and reaching the light. The fan leaves are obv growing into eachother which is concerning me a hell of a lot too.....

it's just a stout short indica. the light will be keeping it compact as well. do you know what the rh is ? a small digital temp and rh meter goes a long way to keeping you informed. recommend getting one if you don't have. they are cheap, i use a few throughout the house.

careful with spraying them going into flower. it can promote bud rot and other mold issues depending on your environment.

let's see what you're running first. you may want to go a different direction.

i'm just gonna leave this here and let it do the explaining. have a read through the link.

you got a great start going on there. maybe post up a grow journal. :)

Thank you for your reply. I am always keen to experiment and try new things. How would you create the air space if you were potting?
That's a secret and you have to come read the SIP Club thread to find out. :laughtwo:

It actually depends on what type of pot you are using. Looks like you use plastic and that's why I suggested it would be more for your next grow. The pots are built typically either with an insert for plastic pots, or sitting on a bed of something like perlite for cloth pots.

Pretty simply, easy and inexpensive to build, and great results with little to no learning curve.

Back
Top Bottom