Problem with filling up the space help

Virandell

Hi so I am after my second grow and I have problem with filling my tent correctly always is so empty space here and there
I am growing in 2x2 foot 4 plants 21 day veg topping + lst any tips ?
Maybe I should do topping +lst and again topping or maybe u have more tips ?
There's example as yous can see guys is still plenty room to fill up
Sorry for my English hope everybody will understand me ^^

Attachments

• IMG-20190919-WA0002.thumb.jpg.12b8ef2ac36eda38dd9dbcb473571b76.jpg
    IMG-20190919-WA0002.thumb.jpg.12b8ef2ac36eda38dd9dbcb473571b76.jpg
    373.8 KB · Views: 52
4 plants, all topped, apparently healthy, at least 21 days veg and all in a 2x2.. Hmm.. I think you're going to be worried about the opposite problem in a few weeks.
Nah this is old photo buddy there are almost all chopped still two to go :D
I thought it will be tight but it wasn't

Attachments

• IMG_20191121_110604.jpg
    IMG_20191121_110604.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 98
You need to bend more next time but your plant look good it may fill up more . I fill a 4x4 tent with one plant last time with 2 month veg with lots of super croping

Attachments

• CFF16ABD-9798-4D87-9A5F-484C3726082B.jpeg
    CFF16ABD-9798-4D87-9A5F-484C3726082B.jpeg
    973.2 KB · Views: 99
If you find yourself nervous about super cropping consider a scrog. Do you have a photo of all 4 in flower before you harvested them? Keep in mind that if you jamb pack that tent full of growth you might loose out on the penetration of the light, as well as the reflective ability of the tent walls. I have found it's much better to have a gap all around your canopy away from the tent walls. this allows more light to bounce around resulting in less popcorn buds lower down the plant.

If you find yourself nervous about super cropping consider a scrog. Do you have a photo of all 4 in flower before you harvested them? Keep in mind that if you jamb pack that tent full of growth you might loose out on the penetration of the light, as well as the reflective ability of the tent walls. I have found it's much better to have a gap all around your canopy away from the tent walls. this allows more light to bounce around resulting in less popcorn buds lower down the plant.

When you do a scrog you typically trim all that popcorn off when you set your screen height. Anything below it gets stripped off the plant. Forces them to focus their energy on the top.

When you do a scrog you typically trim all that popcorn off when you set your screen height. Anything below it gets stripped off the plant. Forces them to focus their energy on the top.

Agreed. I should have mentioned that I "lollipop" my plants and focus on the development of the upper portion of my plants.

Agreed. I should have mentioned that I "lollipop" my plants and focus on the development of the upper portion of my plants.
I done lollipop on those plants maybe not perfect one but I did :D I also done super cropping like a week after swapping to 12/12 becouse of the height issue what about topping + lst + topping main tops + side branches ?
Unfortunately cant do scrog can't find any good scrog tent with 2" and I like have different strains :D

Attachments

• IMG_20191029_142038.thumb.jpg.5790857fd5d87501cd4585f698b659fd.jpg
    IMG_20191029_142038.thumb.jpg.5790857fd5d87501cd4585f698b659fd.jpg
    550.4 KB · Views: 28
I done lollipop on those plants maybe not perfect one but I did :D I also done super cropping like a week after swapping to 12/12 becouse of the height issue what about topping + lst + topping main tops + side branches ?
Unfortunately cant do scrog can't find any good scrog tent with 2" and I like have different strains :D

I routinely run multiple strains under a scrog. In fact I've only ran a single strain scrog once. As long as the harvest times are similar it's fine.

You need to start the horizontal training earlier. As you spread them out they will continue to grow wider and taller. The more times you top the longer it will take. Also when topping you "pide" the buds. The total bud size on the plant is still the same, it just grows in two places now. Ex. 2 x1/2 ounce buds instead of 1x 1 ounce bud.

There are a lot of threads with pictures of lst training, it sounds like you just started it too late. Maybe take a look at the quadlining thread, there's some good info in there about the how's and why's of training these things.

I routinely run multiple strains under a scrog. In fact I've only ran a single strain scrog once. As long as the harvest times are similar it's fine.

You need to start the horizontal training earlier. As you spread them out they will continue to grow wider and taller. The more times you top the longer it will take. Also when topping you "pide" the buds. The total bud size on the plant is still the same, it just grows in two places now. Ex. 2 x1/2 ounce buds instead of 1x 1 ounce bud.

There are a lot of threads with pictures of lst training, it sounds like you just started it too late. Maybe take a look at the quadlining thread, there's some good info in there about the how's and why's of training these things.
Thanks buddy I ll have a look I been thinking about that as well LBH's Famous 4-Way LST Tutorial (plus topping sub-tutorial) | Grow Weed Easy :D

U have some guide about quadlining step by step ?I see only grow diaries ;q

Everything gets filed as a journal. Learning is always an ongoing process so they tend to grow over time.

This is a good thread to get training info from. Everyone in there trains their plants

I am thinking and reading is it a point of doing that in not wide pots ? I have 3 gallon and they are like 11" wide i don't think I will can make that "X" shape for long

You can extend the branches beyond the edges of the container yes. I think that's what your getting at? Tie from the edge of the container onto the plant near the end. You just angle the ties back to the container. You may end up with 3 ties on one branch each a little further from the base.

You can extend the branches beyond the edges of the container yes. I think that's what your getting at? Tie from the edge of the container onto the plant near the end. You just angle the ties back to the container. You may end up with 3 ties on one branch each a little further from the base.
Nah I will be using tent hooks and i wonder if it the point of doing that with not that wide pot :D
Like is it worth doing it in 12" inch wide pot instead of 20"
Sorry for my English but I hope u know what I mean ^^

Nah I will be using tent hooks and i wonder if it the point of doing that with not that wide pot :D
Like is it worth doing it in 12" inch wide pot instead of 20"
Sorry for my English but I hope u know what I mean ^^

If you train it. It will be wider than if you don't train it. Even if you it only gets a little bit wider it would still be better. You can still supercrop and force it lower and wider.

If you train it. It will be wider than if you don't train it. Even if you it only gets a little bit wider it would still be better. You can still supercrop and force it lower and wider.
Righty as I am worried about the width just 1 thing do u think that's might work better than topping 2x+ lst btw the training looking really amazing and I seen very good results I am just not sure about width of my pot :D

Back
Top Bottom