Problems, problems always bloody problems!

Hiya kids,
Can anyone tell me if this is the kinda damage these pesky little fungus gnats can do ,or ,is it a deficiency ?? It’s a purple auto 3rd week flower - using biobizz gro, bloom , top max and big bud. Been using 1ml calmag in 2L.
Touch wood the normal plants in gro space still good .

E951A727-B88B-48F3-8A74-8A33040E3B92.jpeg

C44E7A9B-B99E-4C55-B4B3-BC27E8803F92.jpeg
Not gnats, maybe thrips. I don't think that's bugs tho.

Not gnats, maybe thrips. I don't think that's bugs tho.
No, not thrips. Thrips and mites both leave small white spots on the leaves as they suck the juices out. With mites they're more individual spots (but loads of them) and with thrips it's more like drifts of them, looks more like dried spit.

I still say calcium deficiency.

No, not thrips. Thrips and mites both leave small white spots on the leaves as they suck the juices out. With mites they're more individual spots (but loads of them) and with thrips it's more like drifts of them, looks more like dried spit.

🤢 GROSS.

Can you tell me , please, what’s the easiest/quickest way to get more potassium +/or phosphorus into the soil ? Ta.
Just about anything with a Potassium number in the listing of the three macro nutrients. Most of the organic or plant based sources are from Kelp or seaweed. There are liquid products that can be mixed with water.

There is Kelp Meal which is Kelp that has been washed, dried and ground up. That can be mixed with water and used right away. Better yet is to mix it and let it sit in the jug of water for 12 to 24 hours and then used. This is often called a Kelp Tea.

Ground up Kelp can be sprinkled on the soil and every time it is watered a bit more Potassium is moved into the soil.

There is Kelp which has been processed and looks like instant coffee. Add the powder to the water and it is ready to go.

And there are minerals which will release Potassium. Langbeinite (0-0-22) comes to mind.

It is possible to use too much Potassium but following recommended doses seems to be OK.

Cant really answer that for you, Ive never used hps. I've heard using too much Cal Mag isnt good though as it can work against your Nutrients. As an example, I use Dynagrow and they say that Cal Mag isnt needed, the nutrients alone are supposed to provide plenty. Ive found that with LED's a little extra Cal mag is needed.... Its tricky !

Probably better to listen to someone else though, I'm still struggling with deficiencies mid to late flower....Im probably not the best to give advice until I get myself sorted out. Your leaves do look exactly like mine though---and to add to this, all the pictures I look at concerning deficiencies in Calcium, Magnesium, Over Watering, underwatering, P- and K look very similar. A nitrogen deficiency is pretty eaasy to spot, but all the others are hard for me to nail down....(especially if you have more than one deficiency at a time)
Cheers, appreciate the input

Just about anything with a Potassium number in the listing of the three macro nutrients. Most of the organic or plant based sources are from Kelp or seaweed. There are liquid products that can be mixed with water.

There is Kelp Meal which is Kelp that has been washed, dried and ground up. That can be mixed with water and used right away. Better yet is to mix it and let it sit in the jug of water for 12 to 24 hours and then used. This is often called a Kelp Tea.

Ground up Kelp can be sprinkled on the soil and every time it is watered a bit more Potassium is moved into the soil.

There is Kelp which has been processed and looks like instant coffee. Add the powder to the water and it is ready to go.

And there are minerals which will release Potassium. Langbeinite (0-0-22) comes to mind.

It is possible to use too much Potassium but following recommended doses seems to be OK.
Cheers man, Spamazon here I come !

BTI takes care of Fungus Gnats, easily. (if they are fungus gnats).. If the flies are Aphids, thats another story (a horror story)

This is a must have product.... I wouldnt grow without... Mosquito Bits, You soak a tablespoon of pellets into a gallon of water, wait an hour or so then water your plants. No chemicals, no worries using it anytime and it will kill Fungus Gnats quicky. Aphids are another story, so make sure you know whats flying around. (fungus gnats are very common) Sadly so are Aphids and the fliers look a lot like fungus gnats.

mosquitobits_8oz.jpg
Does Spamazon uk have that do u know, looks handier than a hoover !

Biobizz is pretty low in Magnesium. To low Magnesium locks out Calcium. Biobizz has their own Calmag problem nowadays! I remember adding some Ca/Mg running Biobizz in Promix. Choose a Ca/Mg product with low to no Nitrogen.

Doesn't look like pests to me. Thrip damage look different than that and Fungus gnats mostly affect the roots.

Do flowering plants need much more calcium than is in the BB top-max + bloom plus 1.5 ml/L calmag ? I’ve been growing up for decades but for whatever reason (probably coz any problems I’ve encountered over the years I’ve managed to be resolved) the science behind how they grow has gone over my head apart from the light, soil, nutes , photosynthesis part lol

Do flowering plants need much more calcium than is in the BB top-max + bloom plus 1.5 ml/L calmag ? I’ve been growing up for decades but for whatever reason (probably coz any problems I’ve encountered over the years I’ve managed to be resolved) the science behind how they grow has gone over my head apart from the light, soil, nutes , photosynthesis part lol

Possibly.

Flowering plants demand considerably more calcium. I don’t know your specific nutrient line but yes, you can expect increased calcium demand. 1.5ml/L is about standard for calmag though.

The most recent picture you posted looks like K. The serrations going is your sign. Are you feeding full strength, and what is your RH and temp for your room? A dry environment can cause the plant to transpire faster which increases K use so if you’re at full strength you may want to raise the humidity or just let the plant take it. Or if you’re comfortable you can try bumping your strength up but I would only recommend that if you’re confident that’s the issue.

Does Spamazon uk have that do u know, looks handier than a hoover !
It should. Be sure that the product you are buying has Bti in it and not Bt. Two different ingredients though they are very related. The Bt product is used for the caterpillar stage of some pest insects while the Bti works on mosquito larvae living in water and several other juvenile stage insects in soil like we see with the Fungus Gnats.

Both the Bti and the Bt are considered natural or organic as far as gardening is concerned. If using either product outside be sure to read up on what desirable insects might be affected

Possibly.

Flowering plants demand considerably more calcium. I don’t know your specific nutrient line but yes, you can expect increased calcium demand. 1.5ml/L is about standard for calmag though.

The most recent picture you posted looks like K. The serrations going is your sign. Are you feeding full strength, and what is your RH and temp for your room? A dry environment can cause the plant to transpire faster which increases K use so if you’re at full strength you may want to raise the humidity or just let the plant take it. Or if you’re comfortable you can try bumping your strength up but I would only recommend that if you’re confident that’s the issue.
Hiya, they’re all on full strength for their age (10weeks+) don’t go over their (biobizz) recommendation all the stuff of theirs that I use has ph 3.6, 4.6 and 5.8 (grow) so have to adjust to that as well as adjust to my yo-yo water supply which can be sky blue one day and neutral 5 days later ! Defoliated,brutally, the inside of el durban widow

774AA44C-2868-4D0E-9460-B3BD04B04A8F.png

1B8C5FBD-BEE2-47F7-87A9-7BC71178EB12.jpeg

D749FDE9-C4B4-49F9-8F23-CC6FBE98EDA1.jpeg

A2B67230-DB29-4D2A-AC36-95FAD3AFF419.jpeg

02A938E9-B006-4BCF-A0B3-B6DE7F86DC2E.jpeg

96898A1D-6882-4DE4-A834-7AB9606B14F6.jpeg

Hiya, they’re all on full strength for their age (10weeks+) don’t go over their (biobizz) recommendation all the stuff of theirs that I use has ph 3.6, 4.6 and 5.8 (grow) so have to adjust to that as well as adjust to my yo-yo water supply which can be sky blue one day and neutral 5 days later ! Defoliated,brutally, the inside of el durban widow

774AA44C-2868-4D0E-9460-B3BD04B04A8F.png

1B8C5FBD-BEE2-47F7-87A9-7BC71178EB12.jpeg

D749FDE9-C4B4-49F9-8F23-CC6FBE98EDA1.jpeg

A2B67230-DB29-4D2A-AC36-95FAD3AFF419.jpeg

02A938E9-B006-4BCF-A0B3-B6DE7F86DC2E.jpeg

96898A1D-6882-4DE4-A834-7AB9606B14F6.jpeg

That’s a big girl, I’m not surprised with what you’re seeing. A plant that size with that rootball is gonna eat. A lot. Looks like quite a bit of sativa blood in it. Sativas like extra calcium and a warmer, more humid flower on average. They use that and their longer flower time to slowly build big, long colas. I see calcium and potassium in the same patterns I see on mine when they’re beasts. It looks like you’ll be able to bring her home with a wonderful finish though.

That’s a big girl, I’m not surprised with what you’re seeing. A plant that size with that rootball is gonna eat. A lot. Looks like quite a bit of sativa blood in it. Sativas like extra calcium and a warmer, more humid flower on average. They use that and their longer flower time to slowly build big, long colas. I see calcium and potassium in the same patterns I see on mine when they’re beasts. It looks like you’ll be able to bring her home with a wonderful finish though.
Yeah man I posted deets of that plant on a thread ‘oops’ !
It’s a sensi seeds Durban and a White widow in a 28-30L pot (to cut a long story I gave associate the two seeds,plus many more, to germinate for me as I was not having too much success on that front at that time ..He came back with the Durban and the Widow —after shall we say a little bit of encouragement !! In the same pot , 4 weeks old with the root ball impossible for me to separate. So been giving it 1.5 - 2 times everything except calmag .
Incidentally in the right-hand corner at the front is what you might think is part of the Durban Widow plant IS NOT ! it is a Bubba kush or NL (from a couple of previous plans that went to seed before I had noticed. It isn’t taking up any more light than the other plants and it isn’t taking up any more food than other plants so I am at a loss as to why it is so goddamn small and attempting to be a bonsai plant. I have grown plants from these seeds before and they have been fine this one - fucking strange. Never a dull moment I love the fact that people that don’t grow this shit think it’s so fucking easy rofl 🤣.
Btw radioactive leaves only on 1 of the Durb/ WW !! And other plant Is my 🍉og

87BE9920-3087-400F-AE8F-4818E1234BA7.jpeg

046F211B-594B-4A8E-BE9D-689A8D2AEA39.jpeg

26D99EBD-6FDD-4D9D-8AE3-D633AC6143D2.jpeg

EF200B25-03B6-49E9-B663-5072D23A9581.jpeg

C44094F9-183E-4BDD-AD70-459B00A756BB.jpeg

3D75453A-8A60-4D4A-BC3D-BC56C62B5579.jpeg

4395BA29-FEDD-4F0A-930A-11EBBD58DF47.jpeg

AE863D95-DCBA-4386-B15F-F2E37113ADC5.jpeg

67E3CB58-A067-4956-8F41-1509C6C5A3F2.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom