Problems with pH or nutes? Help needed

Zloo

Hello,

this is my 1st post here even tho I'm reading through other posts to learn and since I got my 1st grow goin on I ran into some problems which I can't google my way out of.

So just quick intro I'm growing indoors, plants are 4 weeks old. I'm watering them every 2-3 days and used nuts only once just recently. I got them on 18/6 light regime and I topped them week ago.

I'm using Guanokalong Complete Soil Mix, and for vegetation I plan to use Guanokalong grow organic liquid 1 liter NK 6-3 nuts. First 3 weeks I haven't used any nutes since soil had it in it.

Also recently I found out that my water ph is 8 so I guess that is root of my problem. Last time I watered I lowered it to 6 but nothing's changed my plants are like this:

16945.jpg

https://www.420magazine.com/community/gallery/1442011

As I'm reading I can't figure out do I have Nitrogen Def or Tox? To me it looks like Nitro Def. Also I kinda feel I have Mg def or I'm just imagining it?
Anyhow as you can see my leaves are clawing and are saggy, bottom ones started to go yellow and will fall off and I feel my plants are dying but don't know how to help them.

If it's Nitrogen Def should I spray the leaves with nutes for faster recovery etc. or just use more nutes during watering or?

As you can see I'm a bit lost and I need help.

Thank you!

I would more likely say MG def & the sagging of leafs may well be under watering as the soil/compost used looks rather dry my old chum :thumb:

They do appear to be some what more than 4 weeks old & the tent seems to no greater than 60 cm by 60 cm or 2 foot by 2 foot by the looks of things, the scrog netting is a little random at the moment and i have no idea on what you wish to do with it in less i've missed the point ?

I would more likely say MG def & the sagging of leafs may well be under watering as the soil/compost used looks rather dry my old chum :thumb:

They do appear to be some what more than 4 weeks old & the tent seems to no greater than 60 cm by 60 cm or 2 foot by 2 foot by the looks of things, the scrog netting is a little random at the moment and i have no idea on what you wish to do with it in less i've missed the point ?

Thank you very much Fuzzy duck. Yes at first I thought that I'm over watering since they would go sagging after I watered them and I started to water them with only 1 Liter of water every two days but I figured just recently that I got PH problems with my water and that it's actually a root of my problem. Now I'm lowering water PH to 6-6.5 and I'll try to use more water every two days. Those "bags" that plants are growing from are 15L each, how much water do you think could be optimal? I'm still experimenting with it and obviously as I haven't used enough.

Yesterday I watered them with right ph water with nuts in it and they came back to life. Today they went again into sagging mode so I think you are right. They were under watered I guess.

My box is 60x60x120 and yes I'm planning to scrog but net had too big squares so I kinda DIY-it with white ropes :)

Thanks for advice man! It's very much appreciated.

@improvise

Thanks for link and advice and yes I'm also pretty sure that ph caused lockout. I'm mixing nutes and then measuring ph. I learned that while browsing through forums and stuff but I had to ask since I was sure they'll die on me if I don't react fast :) and I wasn't sure is it over watering or under watering, is it N def or toxicity and if I go wrong there I would just finish them off.

I have not tried the cloth pots, if it helps i`am currently growing in 15l buckets and watering every 3rd day with 1200ml, that gives me run off into the saucer that the buckets are in, this is taken back up within 15-20 minutes. sure you on recovery road anyhoos. regards

Thank you very much Fuzzy duck. Yes at first I thought that I'm over watering since they would go sagging after I watered them and I started to water them with only 1 Liter of water every two days but I figured just recently that I got PH problems with my water and that it's actually a root of my problem. Now I'm lowering water PH to 6-6.5 and I'll try to use more water every two days. Those "bags" that plants are growing from are 15L each, how much water do you think could be optimal? I'm still experimenting with it and obviously as I haven't used enough.

Yesterday I watered them with right ph water with nuts in it and they came back to life. Today they went again into sagging mode so I think you are right. They were under watered I guess.

My box is 60x60x120 and yes I'm planning to scrog but net had too big squares so I kinda DIY-it with white ropes :)

Thanks for advice man! It's very much appreciated.

Yes both under & over watering share the same leaf symptoms with the only difference being on how wet or dry the soil is !

Now a pot that size of 15 liters will more likely hold 3 liters of water if the soil is dry & you may get a little run off in the plant pot saucer.

I use to use 6 liter air pots... on average they took about 1.5 liters each to fully water when soil is dry that was every other day with temps on average 26c humidity 50% aprox these things may effect on how often you may need to water tho, i now use 11 liter fabric smart pots i'm afraid no pic's as i do keep journals any more but ye they take 2 liters every other day with the above temp/RH etc.

004875.JPG

Now most novice growers will always blame PH of water & this is not the case for soil growers when it is purely boils down to the PH of soil to make nutrients available simple as that... where as in pure water based systems such as Hydroponics & DWC, ebb & flood etc the PH of water is needed to be correct to make the nutrients available for the plants.

Two different systems off growing which often get confused with decades of poor advice or sheep following hearsay...

Now what we are really looking at is the soil/compost used which only really has enough nutrients in to last a few weeks at best more likely expended of such nutrients by now & if i remember correctly you have only feed once with liquid nutrients.... now i am suspecting under feeding which has leaded us micro nutrient def MG - magnesium.

More likely want to feed or use nutrients on a weekly basis by now bud.

Thank you dudes for advice. I think I'm seriously wrong then since I'm watering 3 x 15L pots with only 1,5L of water and if I got you guys right I should be using 1.5L at least on each pot or even more if you said you used same amount on 6L pots. I started to use more water already and plants got to life, no more saggy leaves and stuff but top leaves are still clawing or better to say remained clawy pretty much and bottom ones are still getting yellow. More slower then it used to but ye it happens.

So ok I hope I understood you well and if I did I'll start to use much more water + nuts and with more water comes more nuts for plants. Maybe that gets the situation back to normal.

I'll reply how things are going.

Back
Top Bottom