Psychoactive Fungi FAQs

Do mush loose potency with time? Ways to store? Google?
New to the shroom world. Had my first try few months back. They are interesting to say the least.
Yes, mushrooms (referring to the psychedelic kind) can lose potency over time. The active compounds our mush like psilocybin and psilocin, degrade when exposed to light, heat, and oxygen. Best ways to store your newly found mush, would first be to make sure they are cracker dry. Once fully dried store them in an airtight container and for an extra safty measure you can toss in a desiccant pack (like you would find in a bag of beef jerky). Make sure to keep this container out of light and your mush can stay fresh for over a year!

This thread is dedicated to frequently asked questions about psilocybin mushrooms and the mycology and therapeutic benefits of psychoactive fungi.

Who would like to help get it started? 🍄

Do mush loose potency with time? Ways to store? Google?
New to the shroom world. Had my first try few months back. They are interesting to say the least.

They shouldn’t lose potency if processed and stored correctly.

I vacuum pack and then freeze both fresh and dried shrooms with little to no difference in effects. So much so that I can still tell the “buzz” between the two

I store them in 10 gram pouches so me and Mrs Chro can have a fun filled night every now and then or both microdose. Once defrosted consume within 3-4 days

I’ve read that dried and powdered should last up to 7 years if done correctly (just can’t imagine having a shroom stash for that long lol)

The freezer method is almost indefinite.

My 11 flushes that I got February 1st 2021 still seem to be pretty damn potent to me.
Close to 4 years.
Dried them cracker dry, most were vacuum packed in 1 to 2 gram packets then put into a mason jar with a desiccant pack and put into a cardboard box in the coolest most temp stable room in the house.

Still potent after all these years.

20210201_131859.jpg

Back
Top Bottom