Purple Wreck,Black Diesel,Cotton Candy,Ice Cush

sirblazealot

hi guys im new here and also a first time grower i was just wondering what you think about my plants, they are 3 weeks and 2 days old,the purple wreck(bottom right hand side) is starting to droop a little bit but i just waterd them all 2 days ago and i was wondering if sometimes the leafs just droop due to the type of strain? thats my biggest plant and none of the others are doing it.also i can see some roots at the bottom of my 1 gallon pots,does that mean i should transplant to my 3 gallon pots now? how do i know if they are root bound? any advice would be greatly appreciated.they are in soil and perlite mix. i uploaded some photos to help.

Plants can do that when you let the soil dry a lot or when you overwater... You need to feel the pot, if it is heavy probably you are overwatering if they are light in weight maybe you are letting the soil dry more than you should.
I personally wait until they drop a little so that way i know it is time for watering :) check out my journal in my signature if you want.

Ps: I already grew the Black Diesel (Advanced Seeds), the smell is very fuelly, taste is strong but a little weird, effect is very heady/racy. :)

Plants can do that when you let the soil dry a lot or when you overwater... You need to feel the pot, if it is heavy probably you are overwatering if they are light in weight maybe you are letting the soil dry more than you should.
I personally wait until they drop a little so that way i know it is time for watering :) check out my journal in my signature if you want.

Ps: I already grew the Black Diesel (Advanced Seeds), the smell is very fuelly, taste is strong but a little weird, effect is very heady/racy. :)

thnk you for the quick reply will do =) i went ahead and dropped a little water in cuz the pot was rather light in comparison, thnx alot ill keep em updated.

Hi,
first of all a big welcome to 420 mag,

your plants look great, the slightly wrinkled leaves is a sign their getting over watered, so 2 or 3 look slightly over watered,
the best option would be to fill a pot of the same size with growing medium and leave it dry, then you can pick the pots up and sort of work out when their dry or still wet, these plants need plenty of oxygen at the roots, so letting the soil dry out between waterings will really boost growth, over watering will stunt growth for a few days, if their underwatered then if you water them then within an hour or 2 they will pick back up and be back to normal, but over watering wont make them look any different as they will continue to droop due to been over watered.

as for the pot size id say you could go another 7 days at the most as the plants are not that tall at this stage so the roots wont be to bad at the minute, they grow down to the bottom of the pot pretty quick so even in a big pot the roots will still reach the bottom in a few days.

so for now id let the pots dry out before you water next, fill another pot with growing medium and compare the weights,

also what nutrients are you feeding them and how often, what light are you using, is it mh or hps, or cfls n t5s etc etc,

let us know what your using then it will give us a better idea of how to help you and we can then offer the best advice.

but the plants look nice to me so your not doing a bad job,
why dont you get a grow journal up and running then we can all follow along and you will meet many great members and some of the best growers anywhere,

so welcome to 420, the best site of its type by far,
why not get a journal growing, enter some contests, we have plant of the month contest which has to be one of your own plants, we have nug of the month contest which can be one you have grown or one you have bought but it must be dried and ready to smoke, then we have member of the month contest, be a good member and help other growers and you may win member of the month, each month their is 3 contests, every month the sponsors put up some amazing prizes, last month their was nutrients, butter making machine plus many many many other prizes, the list is huge,
if you want to see the contests and some of the entries then hold the mouse over 420 lounge at the top, then click on contests then click on the contest you want to look at,

the members of the site then get to vote on the best plant,bud and member, its a huge prize so well worth entering,

Hi,
first of all a big welcome to 420 mag,

your plants look great, the slightly wrinkled leaves is a sign their getting over watered, so 2 or 3 look slightly over watered,
the best option would be to fill a pot of the same size with growing medium and leave it dry, then you can pick the pots up and sort of work out when their dry or still wet, these plants need plenty of oxygen at the roots, so letting the soil dry out between waterings will really boost growth, over watering will stunt growth for a few days, if their underwatered then if you water them then within an hour or 2 they will pick back up and be back to normal, but over watering wont make them look any different as they will continue to droop due to been over watered.

as for the pot size id say you could go another 7 days at the most as the plants are not that tall at this stage so the roots wont be to bad at the minute, they grow down to the bottom of the pot pretty quick so even in a big pot the roots will still reach the bottom in a few days.

so for now id let the pots dry out before you water next, fill another pot with growing medium and compare the weights,

also what nutrients are you feeding them and how often, what light are you using, is it mh or hps, or cfls n t5s etc etc,

let us know what your using then it will give us a better idea of how to help you and we can then offer the best advice.

but the plants look nice to me so your not doing a bad job,
why dont you get a grow journal up and running then we can all follow along and you will meet many great members and some of the best growers anywhere,

so welcome to 420, the best site of its type by far,
why not get a journal growing, enter some contests, we have plant of the month contest which has to be one of your own plants, we have nug of the month contest which can be one you have grown or one you have bought but it must be dried and ready to smoke, then we have member of the month contest, be a good member and help other growers and you may win member of the month, each month their is 3 contests, every month the sponsors put up some amazing prizes, last month their was nutrients, butter making machine plus many many many other prizes, the list is huge,
if you want to see the contests and some of the entries then hold the mouse over 420 lounge at the top, then click on contests then click on the contest you want to look at,

the members of the site then get to vote on the best plant,bud and member, its a huge prize so well worth entering,

wow thank you so much for all the wonderful information,i figured out that they are definitely overwater'd after reading everything you typed.i was worried it might be underwaterd so i actually gave it half a solo cup of plain water earlier wich i wish i hadn't done, but its not coming out of the bottom or anything so its not crazy wet. for nutes im using big bloom,grow big,tiger bloom,beastie bloomz and open sesame.since they are only 3 weeks old im just using 2 ts per gallon of grow big and 2-3 tablespoons of big bloom,next week ill start the open sesame i have a pretty good nutrient sheet that i got from my brother its from fox farm so i follow that seems to be working well. i started them under a florescent light but they became stretchy,i think because i had the light too far away, but i transplanted them deeper after a week and switched to a 400 watt mh. when i flower ill be using a 400 watt hps. i do have my recorded progress ill post that as well.

lemme know if you think i made any big mistakes or just your opinion is appreciated greatly , thnx again =)
also i have day by day pictures i can post if ud like that from day 1 to present.

p.s. sorry about the nicknames lmao...c/c (cotton candy) panda(purple wreck)isabel(ice cush)beth(black diesel) P.S.S. heres my start to current photo gallery just uploaded em all. Media added by sirblazealot

7/17 soiled and water'd(i first ph tested the water + balanced it then added big bloom to the mix.i water'd the soil first to get it wet then added the seed tap root down and coverd the half inch hole with dirt and waterd over the hole with a spoon lightly.)
7/19 c/c and panda sprouted day 3 of total progress still have'nt water'd soil is still moist from day 1.
7/20 isabel sprouted waiting for beth ill recheck later when the plants wake up just put them to sleep.
7/21 beth sprouted.also i moved the light about 2 inches from plants instead of 6 because they were streching out too much.in a few days i will start the mh lighting.
7/22 all four up n growing no aditional water needed yet.
7/23 i gave them each about a half of a party cup of water (the red solo cups), it wasnt all the way dry but wasnt moist enough to my liking hopefully i didnt over water.
7/24 transplanted them to lower the height of each plant to an equal ammount and waterd with a full cup of water.changed light to 400 watt mh, replacing the flourescent.(second set of true leaves on 3 plants)
7/28 (day 1 of week 2) using grow big and big bloom waterd the plants with 1 cup of water each making sure to evenly spread it.(leaves have a slight drooping on tips.indication of light overwatering)
8/3(day 7 of week 2) flush water'd plants with ph balanced water(2 cups each)
8/7(day 4 of week 3) water'd plants using grow big(1 cup each)
8/9 waterd only purple wreck plant(half cup of water) because it was dropping a little

sounds like you got a good schedule to follow, im sure their wont be any makor issues, chances are its just over watered and within a few days everything will be back to normal and growth will be rapid again.

they will grow much quicker the mh, i find cfls keep the nodes very tight and the plants very bushy so even to this day i still start my plants under cfls for the first 2 weeks then they go under the dual spectrum hps for a few weeks of veg then i flower under that as well,

keep us updated on your post and let us know if their are any problems, but sounds like your on the right track and got a good schedule to follow

yes thanks since then my plants has perked back up alot, on one of my plants a couple of the tips of the leaves are curling down almost making a claw like look. i read something about that before but im not sure what it was any thought its just the point of the leaves on my black diesel plant. its prolly nothing just want my leafs to be perfect.

the only real problem that causes the ends of the leaves to curl down and claw is to much N in the growing medium or the nutes dose is to high,

to much N will turn the leaves into claws and they will curl down and eventually go crispy and die, so if thats is what your getting then id back off the nutrients and just give plant water for a couple of feeds, then go with the nutrients again, it might just be that the soil and nutrients are just still a bit to much at this stage, it might be nothing but its best to back off and make sure its nothing before you have any major problems as you can lose a lot of leaves to to much N.

another likely cause but this dont usually show claws is over watering, so just keep an eye on it, if you look in my signature below my post then you will see a link for plant problems, click on that and it will open up a page that shows you lots of pics of plants and leaves and what the problem is and how to solve the problem,

hope that helps

the only real problem that causes the ends of the leaves to curl down and claw is to much N in the growing medium or the nutes dose is to high,

to much N will turn the leaves into claws and they will curl down and eventually go crispy and die, so if thats is what your getting then id back off the nutrients and just give plant water for a couple of feeds, then go with the nutrients again, it might just be that the soil and nutrients are just still a bit to much at this stage, it might be nothing but its best to back off and make sure its nothing before you have any major problems as you can lose a lot of leaves to to much N.

another likely cause but this dont usually show claws is over watering, so just keep an eye on it, if you look in my signature below my post then you will see a link for plant problems, click on that and it will open up a page that shows you lots of pics of plants and leaves and what the problem is and how to solve the problem,

hope that helps

thnx ill use just water for a few feeds thnx its been 4 days since i waterd still drooping tho =/

wait until you transplant, all the times i had problems like that they go away after the transplanting.

about that whens a good time? 5 days till they are a month old i want to veg them to atleast 1 foot tall.

also how should i transplant them i heard som1 just said hold it by stem and loosen the dirt in pot to get them free,but i was wondering if i could just make a spot for the 1 gallon inside the 3 gallon pot then just cut the sides and bottom of pot off with a razor or scissors so it goes in easy and stays w/o crumbling.

about that whens a good time? 5 days till they are a month old i want to veg them to atleast 1 foot tall.

also how should i transplant them i heard som1 just said hold it by stem and loosen the dirt in pot to get them free,but i was wondering if i could just make a spot for the 1 gallon inside the 3 gallon pot then just cut the sides and bottom of pot off with a razor or scissors so it goes in easy and stays w/o crumbling.

Search for transplanting on Youtube... lot of videos showing how to do it.
When they have 1 month old!

well after a few days + a transplant they seem to be doing better havn't used any nutes yet just put em in 3 gallon pots and waterd

looking good, as your just transplaned you can go another week at the very least before using nutrients, plus the plant will show you when its ready for some nutrients as the new growth will be a lighter shade of green and the old leaves will start to look a bit lighter as well,

but everything is looking good, nice job transplanting,
the best method i use is to make sure the grow medium is totally dry in the pot with the plant in it, then i place my one had over the top of the pot so the stem of the plant is between my middle to fingers, then i gently tip the pot upside down and give the pot a few gentle taps and the plant and soil should fall out in one big clump and that will lower any transplant shock, the less damage you can do to the roots the quicker it will recover,
but it looks like you did a good job and got it sorted and the plants look great,

another option for transplanting is double potting, this method allows the plant to stay in its original pot, if your just using cheap pots that you dont mind cutting them you can use a sharp knife and cut the bottom of the pot off, then place that pot on top of the soil in another pot, this method is suppose to be a good method to use as it gives the plant more depth for the roots to grow, more depth means bigger plants and more roots to provide nutrients

Back
Top Bottom