QB 260w vs Mars Hydro SP 250: What would you get?

Metal Halide

i already own a qb and a mars ts 1000 and im in love with both and i i need another but totally undecided. Mayby some soft nudging in either way may edge me towards one.
Pro for QB, I can afterpay it here
Pro for Mars, cheaper by about a hundred bucks but cant afterpay it where im from.
So undecided. ahhhh:cough::lot-o-toke::ganjamon:

All in on the QB

Qbs are upgradeable.
as in like a pc vs laptop? i can replace the boards or the ballast or the wiring at any stage?
What else can be upgraded mate. Im definatly liking the nudge to QBs. I do like the look of the xl 288. It being longer wont direct so much light in one area. So powerfull for only 200cm tent height once i incude my fancy propot dwc/dtw modular setup. Its very high in dtw compared to dwc and i lose soooo much vertical. No sativas for me. Ive even gone all out with the brand spanking new X fast strains for super stumpy plants

Yup, you can change out led panels and drivers. Perhaps you want a different Kelvin color temp later on, or new boards are released.

I have the qb 288 v2 260 watt xl. I like the long heatsink for my 2x4 tent. If I had to do it over again I would probably prefer the 2 separate 135 watt lights. They are just more versatile as far as placement.

TS-2000, lol. Or if you can't wait for its upcoming release, a pair of TS-1000s.

Yup, QB 4 life, I love mine

I have HLG 260 watt xw with two 304 3500k quantum boards, dimensions 19.75" x 12.5". I just ordered another 260 watt HLG kit with the 288 v2 boards 3000k , dimensions 23.75" x 8", and an extra heat sink. I am going to put my 3500k boards on new heat sink so I will use both lights in my tent. I will be able to get even coverage, lower the lights and turn down the watts. Using it in 3 x 3 tent /scrog, I am not getting even coverage on the canopy right now, this should more than solve this problem. I did get 442 grams of dry bud on my previous grow with the 260 xw qb.

TS-2000, lol. Or if you can't wait for its upcoming release, a pair of TS-1000s.
Oh we have a mars tick of approval right there. yes i already own a ts 1000, Just wish it was the T 1000 so i could bring arnie back... GET TO THE CHOPPA..... que guns n roses. you could be mine.
ahh the 90s
But in all seriousness, its a hard decision. The new Mars are not to be disseised at all, Cheaper but more importantly longer especially the sp250. Love the oldschool T5 feel about it

QBs for the win

All I use, all diy and customizable

Easy peasy
ahh but have you tried the Mars mate? I Have both and both have merits that shouldnt be dismissed. Pros and cons to consider. Im tight for cash cause the missus thinks where the griswalds and bloody wally world sometimes. Fair dinkum i tell ya what....

Mars are their version of QBs, and I'm sure are a good light

I'm sold on QBs, I've built 3 and wont look back, 4th was made by @TimberGrowLights and is epic

And.......

NO BLURPLE!!!!!!

I have HLG 260 watt xw with two 304 3500k quantum boards, dimensions 19.75" x 12.5". I just ordered another 260 watt HLG kit with the 288 v2 boards 3000k , dimensions 23.75" x 8", and an extra heat sink. I am going to put my 3500k boards on new heat sink so I will use both lights in my tent. I will be able to get even coverage, lower the lights and turn down the watts. Using it in 3 x 3 tent /scrog, I am not getting even coverage on the canopy right now, this should more than solve this problem. I did get 442 grams of dry bud on my previous grow with the 260 xw qb.
YES and YES, I love how you think. Im all for the coverage. you should see my tent atm. No QB in it. Its in the other tent vegging with 2 MH to give some red and hasten them into transition.
But ive also spread the love light
2x HPS cooltubes, 1 vipaspectra, 1 mars ts 1000 and 1 130w cfl 6400k for some added blue

Mars are their version of QBs, and I'm sure are a good light

I'm sold on QBs, I've built 3 and wont look back, 4th was made by @TimberGrowLights and is epic

And.......

NO BLURPLE!!!!!!
but...but...what about the UVB and UVA. Actually ive decided i dont want to have that discussion right now. Thems fighting words. Ive thrown a lot of popcorn at screens with that lively discussion :bongrip:

Yer choice, my choice, I'm right, yer right

Uv... Shmoovy

I know what my QBs do, my hps did, and my blurple and T5s did

Get errrrrr done

YES and YES, I love how you think. Im all for the coverage. you should see my tent atm. No QB in it. Its in the other tent vegging with 2 MH to give some red and hasten them into transition.
But ive also spread the love light
2x HPS cooltubes, 1 vipaspectra, 1 mars ts 1000 and 1 130w cfl 6400k for some added blue

Looking good! What size tent?

but...but...what about the UVB and UVA.

ReptiSun 10.0, lol. A little dab will do ya, they sell tube-type fluorescent bulbs in several lengths from 18" to 4' (avoid the CFL types, IMHO), and they're relatively inexpensive. And I've been told that there are stronger UV bulbs available if one wishes to look for them.

I guess what I'm saying is that some UV in the mix is nice, and if the lighting product you were already thinking about purchasing includes it, great. But if not, it's not worth deciding not to buy what could otherwise end up being a decent product over when it's so easy to add your own supplemental UV to the grow room.

That's assuming that you feel that some UV light is important in the first place. There seems to be some debate (readily available in other threads, lol).

Back
Top Bottom